Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did Tyra Banks have a little accident?

Bronze Member

My brother has IBS (pretty severe) and has come close to soiling himself on various occasions, which is why he never eats during the day anymore (or if he does, he has to make sure that he won't have to go out of the house in the next four hours). It's must be awful having IBS - one day he has diarhea (sp?) and the next he is constipated, plus he always has a shooting pain on his side, and he can't do anything too strenuous or he'll be on the floor wringing in pain.

omg i hope its not laxatives she does try to promote healthier bodies and lifestyles

Wasn't there a blind item about someone in this same situation stepping out of her car, not so long back? It was someone wearing all white, I remember, now I'm thinking it was Tyra. I do not believe this is IBS, I believe this is laxative abuse. She lost a lot of weight very quickly.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I know that new diet drug Alli causes
    anal leakage, I can't imagine why anyone would use that crap.
    Ding ding ding.

You just have to be vain enough.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Detroit is talkin' about Tyra's sticky situation:

The Detroit Board - Message Board for Detroit Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons & Life Discussions

I guess that Tyra would fall under the 'life' catagory, 'cause as they say 'shit happens'.
    Last edited by AgentOrange; February 10th, 2008 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac View Post
    Yeah, anyone can shart, even if you don't have IBS. My daughter did it the other day, lol. Luckily, we hadn't left the house yet.

I'm sure your daughter will just love you, if she happens to come across this, lmao.

I remember reading an article on someone with IBS who had a toilet installed in his car to be able to travel on holiday so she's not the only one with that kind of symptom, I wouldn't make fun of it.

If she does have IBS, then she has my sympathies. However many suspect that she's abusing laxatives to keep the weight off. Especially in the wake of those 'beefed up Tyra' pix that made the tabloids, and that she didn't take so kindly to.

I think that if she had IBS, then we might have heard about it before, since it would be a major inconvenience in a super model's life style - what with the extended hours spent between washrooms, while travelling from one location to the next.

Laxatives are an old trick for keeping off unwanted weight. I first heard about it when Klaus von Bulow was on trial for trying to kill his wife Sunny. Apparently she liked to down loads of laxatives, to stay slim. Of course in the long term they can screw up your bowels, and even give you IBS.

Elite Member

"anal leakage"? aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I have IBS too, and while i have never personally had an accident i certainly have come close. I have had 'attacks' at work where i am literally running to the bathroom, knocking people out of the way. If i had arrived at the can and there weren't any stalls open, i definitely would have shit myself. During attacks, i may as well not leave the bathroom because i have to go every few minutes. I am triggered mostly by fatty foods and any kind of beef (although not fast food burgers for the most part, lol) but stress will also knock me for a loop. Occasionally i will just get an attack out of nowhere.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Blind item solved!

Elite Member

I used to have IBS pain so bad, I thought I was going to die. It would often hit me in the middle of the night and I would be up and down. At first it was constipation which I couldn't get out, and my intestines were just cramping so bad it was unbearable. When I finally got those constipated stools out, what was behind it came out and it was voluminous.

What worked for me was this program called Colonix. It's all natural therapy, a special fiber blend and then pills for parasites. It's expensive but it works. I was really doubtful and didn't want to spend the money but I'm so glad I did. The first year I did the full 3 month program, and the next year I did a 1 month "refresher". I don't want to sound like an infomercial but I have not had a problem with IBS since. 90% of the time what comes out is just the right consistency. Now I do have the occassional problem with loose stools if I indulged in greasy food too much, or slight constipation if I don't drink enough water, but I do not have those painful middle-of-the-night attacks anymore. And I do not have those walking around the mall oh-my-God-I-have-to-go-right-this-minute attacks anymore.

Gold Member

I've had IBS and Colitis since I was about 15 or so. I'm 29 now so I consider myself educated on the topic. For myself, if I don't take some sort of fiber supplement every day, I'm in trouble. Even that has been trial and error with brands, dosage and even time of day. I've found that I also have to take a gas-ex with the dosage and drink plenty of water unless I want to be bloated like a Macy's Float. IBS used to be more commonly known as spastic colon so it's understandable that you have some issues. I personally haven't had an accident, yet. I've come close on numerous occasions. The funny thing is, my diet is pretty good and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, an attack is coming whether I'm prepared for it or not. The other issue I have is that I will go for stretches of time where I can't keep anything in and that includes water. The longest stretch I had was 18 days and the chiropractor I was seeing at the time sold me on some supplements that were supposed to bind together and help cleanse the system. Yeah, I was bound and my G-I was livid! Anyway, when I'm having a flare like that, the only thing I can keep in is Gatorade and even though I go on a bland diet, I still end up in agony. I had my gallbladder out a few years ago and that helped with some of the issues I was having but now I have acid reflux pretty bad which I didn't have before. The funny thing with that is that unless I take a Zantac or Prevacid every single day, my intestines turn into a slip and slide. After figuring all that out, I highly recommend anyone who's having issues like that and experiencing gallbladder pain to get it all checked out.

There's more information available on the Crohn's and Colitis CCFA.org: Homewebsite and there's the IBS Tales siteIBS Tales: Stories of IBS.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I really should get some Gas-X. I was so bloated on the weekend i looked like i was 9 months pregnant and overdue .
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

I had a weird bout with IBS when I was in my 20s.. thank God it seems to have resolved with following a careful diet! It hurt so bad I really thought I was going to die.. I had every single bathroom and gas station stop on the route I had to take to shop etc.. totally mapped out.. If I ate anything while out, I had to pretty much camp in the restroom afterwards (so I had to know where the clean bathrooms were!!!!) It was horrible and although I never had an "accident" I can understand how it could happen. It was such a miserable experience it lasted for about 4 years.. I hope it never flares up again! I lost so much weight from it I looked anorexic (in part because I don't think I was digesting well and in part because I flat out avoided food to avoid the pain!)

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information