Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Did Neil Young and Daryl Hannah get married?

Back then when we watched John-John's every move especially when he was courting Carolyn, I got the feeling that he needed to chase her and she played the game real good. Just my perception. I can't find if Christina Haag, his long term girlfriend from Brown University ever married or had kids. They used JFK Jr. references on Friends, The Nanny and Seinfeld when it came to the ultimate hot guy of the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    The Jackson Brown thing was an open secret back then, and JFK jr. was a big part of the story. If I remember correctly, she and Jr. were friends and she would call him when she needed to get away from Brown. There was a lot of back and forth, a lot of drama, which I've said before, JFK Jr. supposedly bought in to.
    Eventually, of course, it was Jr. and Daryl, and they were sooo pretty together:
    She was really pretty and i cannot believe she did that to her face.
    Just read a book about John John, that one of his friends wrote, she sounds really strange. Found the extract ,this happened the day Jacky O died:

Daryl Hannah arrived and sat next to Kathleen. Things were definitely frostier than when we’d seen them a month before. For some reason only she could possibly fathom, Daryl started talking about Jackson Browne, the other man in her life, and how they met: He picked her out of the crowd at a Chicago concert and asked her to dance onstage. I was hoping he was somewhere nearby to do the same thing at this moment. But Kathleen distracted her,
    Noonan, William Sylvester. Forever Young: My Friendship with John F. Kennedy, Jr. (Kindle Locations 2193-2197). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^ what career? 'George'??

anyway, i thought jackie didn't like DH because she was an actress.
    I think he started George after His mother died.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Geez, it hardly seems like 20 years. I feel so old. Hard to believe he'd be 58 now.

Hell, if Donald Trump can be in the White House now, then John Kennedy, Jr. could have had a political career, too! Or he could have been an actor if he'd wanted to change careers. Or done talk TV. Kelly Ripa and JFK, Jr.!
    sprynkles likes this.

Wife Neil Young Dumped For Daryl Hannah Dies From Cancer At 66

Pegi Young, for 36 years the wife of musician Neil Young, died Jan. 1 after a year-long battle with cancer, according to a statement the family posted on Facebook.

Pegi had two children with the Crazy Horse leader, their son Ben and daughter Amber, and leaves her own musical legacy as well as one through several Young tunes.

A waitress in a restaurant when she met the musician, Neil wrote the song “Unknown Legend” about her, including the lyric “I used to order just to watch her float across the floor."

But as The National ENQUIRER reported at the time, the pair split 2014, inspiring Pegi’s album Raw, which she likened to therapy in a Rolling Stone interview at the time.

"I kind of look at it as a soundtrack to the seven stages of grief,” she said. “The last song, that wonderful Don Henley song [“The Heart of the Matter”], talks about forgiveness. That’s really where it’s at, you know?”

What specifically she was “forgiving” is unclear, but her ex married his longtime love Darryl Hannah. on Aug. 25, 2018 in a ceremony in Atascaero, Calif.,
    The ceremony, with Stephen Stills from his Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young days in attendance, had insiders hoping the event would close the door on the chapter.
    Bandmate David Crosby had once bitterly blasted Daryl for breaking up his Neil’s marriage, and the aging foursome has not performed together since 2013 — just months before Neil divorced Pegi and began dating Daryl!

I happen to know that (Young) is hanging out with somebody that’s a purely poisonous predator now,” Crosby said at the time. “And that’s karma. He’s gonna get hurt. But I understand why it happened. I’m just sad about it. I’m always sad when I see love tossed in the gutter."

Hannah’s reputation in the California music community preceded her, thanks to a stormy 10-year relationship with folk-rocker Jackson Browne.

In addition to her musical legacy, Pegi helped found The Bridge School for children with severe speech and physical impairments, and remained active in its fund-raising efforts.

The Young’s son Ben suffers from cerebral palsy, as does Young’s older son, Zeke, from his relationship with actress Carrie Snodgress.
    Carrie died at age 58 on April 1, 2004 in Los Angeles while awaiting a liver transplant and battling hepatitis C
    Brookie likes this.

I was kinda shocked to read this. How sad. Especially for their severely disabled son, Ben. I believe she was his primary caregiver.

I read Neil posted a tribute to her on his website, praising her for being a wonderful mother and posting lyrics to a few songs he wrote for her. How sweet. /s
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

A happier time for all of us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information