Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: Dennis Quaid, 65, confirms engagement to Laura Savoie, 26

His story about the proposal is nausteating; he's going on like it's normal and cute and romantic and he's not just some dirty old man.
    holly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raff View Post
    I think there are two generations in between them. He is close to my dad's age and she is only three years older than my step daughter who calls my father Pop. Ew...
    I was just thinking about this this morning. Mrs Mo was 26 (like Savoie) when we got married. Her dad was about 46 at the time. Doing the math, Dennis Quaid at 65 was old enough to be Mrs Mo's grandfather when we got married.
    ikmccall and Angeli like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    According to the Dennis Quaid game, my future fiancé is 4 right now.
    Although, I'm not sure the Dennis Quaid game works if you're a woman, because everybody knows when a woman dates a younger person its creepy as fuck and abnormal and oh my god cougar!

I agree with the consenting adults blah blah blah but FFS, what do a 26 and a 65 y.o have in common?
    It's just another rich white dude using his fame to get himself some nice fresh plaything. It's gross.
    Well we used to talk art, politics, religion..... I was about 22 & he was older than 65......
    lindsaywhit and Lalasnake like this.

Honestly? I probably don't want to fuck a 65 year old man now....much less 20+ years ago when I was 26. It would have to be someone way more special than Dennis Quaid.

Mentally and emotionally I'd rather have someone my age. But I'm not ready to be a full time caregiver. Unfortunately I live in one of the unhealthiest states in the US. I'm thrilled anytime I find someone my age (or within +/-10 yrs) who doesn't look/act like they have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. No kidding.
    Trixie, sjankis630, HWBL and 9 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

Dennis Quaid’s fiancée Laura Savoie’s engagement ring is five centuries old

Dennis Quaid found the rarest engagement ring for fiancée Laura Savoie.

The 65-year-old actor popped the question to the 26-year-old University of Texas Ph.D. student in Hawaii earlier this month, but has kept the diamond ring a secret. However, Instagram sleuth account Best of Bravo managed to screenshot an intimate and detailed post from Savoie’s personal page before she deleted the private account.

“Love you forever, DQ. My best friend, my partner, and my soul mate,” she captioned the photo of her ring — which features a cushion-diamond on a simple gold band — as well as an intimate selfie with Quaid. “You make me better and the wold brighter, and I love doing life with you.”

She revealed that the couple actually picked out the stone together while in Europe. “In Tuscany, we met and befriended Giorgio Bulgari, the last heir of the Bulgari family still designing and making jewelry,” she wrote.

The iconic jewelry brand’s founder, Sotirios Bulgari, died in 1932; his son Giorgio passed away in 1966, survived by sons Paolo, Nicola and Gianni, the latter of whom founded his own brand, GB Enigma, in 1989.

Savoie was likely referring to Gianni Bulgari’s son, also named Giorgio, who works at the new brand. Quaid’s fiancée added that a member of the Bulgari family personally picked out several diamonds and presented them to the couple at dinner in Geneva one week after meeting in Italy.

“The last stone he showed us was a wild card he threw into the mix, an old mine cut cushion estimated to be up to 5 centuries old. It’s so special and perfect,” Savoie wrote.

Once they picked the perfect center stone, Quaid had Bible verses from Romans engraved onto the thin gold band.

According to Savoie’s post, the lines read: “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”

Though the couple picked out the stone together, Quaid said that he held onto the the sparkler for more than a month, waiting for the right time to surprise Savoie, whom Page Six first confirmed the “Parent Trap” star was dating in June.

“It happened on the very northernmost point of Oahu, at Turtle Bay. It was kind of spontaneous,” Quaid told Extra. “It was very much a surprise … She was actually taking a selfie of us, and I put the ring in front and said, ‘Will you marry me?’ — and then she fell down.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/25/denni...centuries-old/

pic at the link.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Once they picked the perfect center stone, Quaid had Bible verses from Romans engraved onto the thin gold band. According to Savoie’s post, the lines read:

“Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”

ALL that was engraved into the ring band?? What size is her finger, 15??
    Kittylady, fgg, Sarzy and 8 others like this.

^^ Size 15? Hope the ring fit.

fgg, Sarzy, Lalasnake and 2 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Once they picked the perfect center stone, Quaid had Bible verses from Romans engraved onto the thin gold band. According to Savoie’s post, the lines read:

“Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”

ALL that was engraved into the ring band?? What size is her finger, 15??
    You could get it all on the head of a pin with micro-engraving. Is that not a thing in the US?

Five centuries? I find this pretty hard to believe for some reason.

It's as old as her fiance.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    Five centuries? I find this pretty hard to believe for some reason.
    I googled & Antwerp was getting into diamonds in 15C. But she did say “estimated to be” which makes is 15C....

There are plenty of interesting articles on the web but this one is pretty straightforward:-

https://erstwhilejewelry.com/blogs/s...iamond-cutting

So they met up with this Bulgari dude (the actual jeweler) and had dinner with him in Italy?

I believe that he's just shallow and egotistical enough for just this entirely to have resulted in him buying a big ass diamond and proposing to this little girl like she's gonna be anything different than the other women he's been married to.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    So they met up with this Bulgari dude (the actual jeweler) and had dinner with him in Italy?

I believe that he's just shallow and egotistical enough for just this entirely to have resulted in him buying a big ass diamond and proposing to this little girl like she's gonna be anything different than the other women he's been married to.

Or that he's gonna be anything different than the lousy husband he was to the other women he's been married to. (*cheater,*alkie,*druggie*cough*cough*)
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

^^^ did he cheat on the last one? i think that's the one he had twins with.

The heparin babies. I guess going through that wasn't enough to keep the together.

And you know this dumb heifer is going to want a baybee with him. Someone should kick him in the balls for the sake of humanity. He's already created enough children with (now) broken homes.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information