Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Denise Richards Is Suing Charlie Sheen

Bronze Member

$20 million dollar settlement, $55K a month in CS, and she spent years living in a house that she didn't have to foot any bills for but somehow she wouldn't have the money to compensate a tenant or would need to rent out her house to cover her rent in the first place? That makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah Charlie Sheen's a douche bag, we all know this. However, I don't believe Denise got nothing out of the divorce and I do believe he foots the bill for their kids financially. I could not see her just accepting a pittance and she could never afford to take care of those kids on her own because she doesn't work. Again, yes he's a douche but she's either bad with money or she's having a money grab, which would explain why she's only now filing against him almost two years later instead of when he first kicked her out.
    holly, Bellatheball and Mivvi21 like this.

What's wrong with having a money grab against Charlie Sheen when in her case she has absolutely the right to do so? It's what everyone does with a POS like him who uses and abuses women (maybe men) for his own purposes and thinks the most serious things are a joke. Most of 'em have less reason than she does.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

^^I'm not saying she couldn't afford to keep her house empty, I was just throwing out hypotheticals because you were making claims about her based on nothing in that article you posted.

I'd rather see her and their kids get the money than a bunch of hookers, coke dealers and people he's paying hush money to. He is (or was) worth a shit ton, more than able to provide the same standard of living that he enjoys to the various families he's created. I still don't see why she's the bad guy in this scenario.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Denise isn't crying poor, she's crying foul. And rightly so.

Charlie's lawyers putting out what he paid in the divorce settlement (20M) and child support is a red herring. So what? That's what he was legally supposed to pay.

He tossed his children out their home on some warlock whim. He thinks he can act with impunity disrupting his children's lives and being a hateful bastard. Let's see what a judge says. Again, this isn't about being destitute, it's about what is fair given what he promised. For once in his crazy life I'd like to see him held responsible for his actions.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I think faithanne is talking to Carry On 'cause I agreed with you!
    faithanne likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Really, who cares how much he's paid her? Granted, she was awarded an obscene amount of money and child support in their divorce settlement, but at the time, Charlie had an obscene amount of money and was the highest paid actor on tv. I highly doubt she's spent it all, and for those who are saying she doesn't work, check out her imdb--there are 10 acting credits in the past 3 years. She might not be doing high-profile work, but she does work. She's also raising 3 kids, her two with Charlie who are 11 and 10, and the adopted girl is around 4 or 5 I think.

If I recall correctly, it was Charlie's idea to buy them the house, he bought one for Brooke Mueller as well, so they could all live near each other. (I think he's in the process of evicting her too) Then, in typical Charlie fashion, when Denise did something to piss him off, like not letting him see the girls without supervision when he was in a manic, drug fueled haze, he went on a tirade and pulled the plug on the house deal and may have cut off her support too.

I'm no big Denise fan, but it seems to me she has tried to keep things on an even keel with him, for her girls' sake and yeah probably to keep the money flowing too. It has to be exhausting. I don't blame her at all for fighting for support, her kids are still young and he has a legal responsibility to provide for them. And to pay her whatever they agreed upon in their divorce.

So yeah...team Denise.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Team Kids!!!

Demise is financially & career savy, she courted & caught CS "Hollywood royalty"; he was just coming out of rehab & was in Spin City or similar.
    After the birth of no 1 kid when she was thinking of divorce her lawyer told her that she'd get more $$$ with 2, so out popped another one.
    Bingo $55k/mth CS, and about $10m alimony (she was a SAHM while they were young).
    She wanted more kids, adopted Halloween/Emental/Ellouise, who may or may not be a step-sister to her two girls. She did talk about the 1st adoption falling through so I have my doubts about her parentage.
    When she filed for divorce, she was living in Encino, then she moved near Heather Locklear, then after they fell out she moved to Hidden Hills. She then (allegedly) tried to blackmail CS for more $$$ & sold her house on the basis, when he didn't stump up the cash to enable her to buy a $7m house she moved to the house opposite the one she had just sold.
    Shhle bought for a similar price she had sold for but then she has spent ??? However much having the whole house and garden/grounds practically demolished & rebuilt. She then sued the builder/contractor.
    This took 8 mths - <a year during which time she lived in a rented property in Pacific Palicades.

The kids were going to a school fairly local " in LA terms, to HHs but then CS went batshit (again) & threatened the teachers/students/parents when his kids were bullied during the Warlock/tigerblood episode.

From what I understand the house that CS bought was convenient for the new school the girls had to go to, by I believe that she was reticent to move in because she didntwant this whole on/off/on/off to go on & knew what would happen.

They moved in, he has (another) epidode & evicted her.
    At this point I I think that she is trying to safeguard so.e of the $$$ for their kids.

What Charlie did was wrong l, the whole text message thing - thinking it was Demise has some historic context to it. She has been known to call him 20times on the days that he had custody when he was first with Brooke l; so I'm guessing that she has text him from the kids phones before to get an answer when they were fighting.

So I cannot be team demise (bringing kids into thus knowing what CS was like), nor can I be team charlie (except that he is obviously either bi-polar or mentally ill or suffering from undiagnosed PTSD/mental/personality disorder due to his own upbringing plus his addiction issues. I also suspect that there maybe brain damage due to previous ODs); therefore Team Kids!
    Trixie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I cannot believe everyone in LA makes $600K/year. There have to be places in Southern California where she could live comfortably on that. It's impossible to feel sorry for anyone who whines over that kind of "salary." And just to be clear, I have come to loathe Charlie Sheen.
    This is one reason why I love living in Iowa, everything is cheap and we have no traffic. We went to LA on vacation a couple of years ago, and I saw a sign posted for a studio apt rental for $5000 per month. I thought, "WTF, I pay all the bills in my house for less than that!" And I have a 4 bd/4bth with 2800 sq ft and a 1/2 acre lot. The cost of living in other parts of the country just SLAY me.

Denise did a great job in "catching" her cash cow. I don't believe she's broke by any stretch. I'm sure Charlie made promises that he's backed out on; he doesn't really have the reputation of being honest and trustworthy. Give that money to the kids, considering they have to deal with the fact that Charlie Sheen is their father.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I dont care how much he has given her or what she did with it.The man kicked her and their kids out of their home and he abuses the lot of them for no reason.Even if he was an angel he is on his last legs and blowing his fortune away.I see no wrong in her trying to secure whatever she can for her kids..she just has to do it.I am no fan of either but i know how it feels defending your kids and their future.

He is a pestilence. He makes Donald Trump seem like Fred Rogers.
    firebrat1229 likes this.

Both are no angels. Him, especially.
    I'm sure there are a lot of things and situations that have gone on between them that we (the public) don't know about. I don't doubt she works very hard as a mother to maintain stable lifestyle for her children. Especially when their father was/is absent.

The children deserve to grow up in a stable, caring environment - whatever amount of money and legal whathaveyou that entails. I'm "Team Kids" - first and foremost.

It was dumb of me to compare their situation to "real life" situations.
    This stuff happens all the time to people - getting evicted from homes from their heartless spouses, spouses walking out - leaving a parent and children to fend from themselves. Addicts treating their families like sh*t, creating toxic environments. This happens/is happing to people, no matter where they are in the world, no matter if they are upper, middle, lower class...

It happen to me during my childhood (like I stated in the Tori thread). And I/my parent that was present - didn't have a two pennies to rub together at some points, after living a very comfortable lifestyle in a very prominent neighborhood in CA before the sh*t it the fan. And I turned out fine - graduated from a public multiple National Blue Ribbon Award-winnning High School, graduated from a UC college, I'm a functioning member of society, never been in legal trouble, have a good therapist (), etc... without hundreds of thousands in my (or my parent's) bank accounts - where there once was.

So, I'm going to be a little bias. My mistake in taking their situation personally because I lived through a situation very similar to theirs. Including having a parent going bat-sh*t crazy.

Money is an important factor in life, especially in living a "Hollywood"/public life. I get that.
    But, I'm still not going to say "poor Denise" because she "got evicted" from her house at one point. It's not as though she and her children were left on the streets. I'm also definitely not "Team Charlie."
    I am "Team Kids." And yes, of course I agree that money owed should go to the children over hookers and blow, hands down.

I also recognize now (after reading through this thread) that they have "#HollywoodProblems" - in a sense - not "#RealLifeProblems." In that, types of things/situations get... exacerbated (I guess would be the word?) in a lot of different ways, when you add the Hollywood/public media factor to it.
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; January 23rd, 2016 at 01:45 PM.
    holly likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Elite Member

After reading today's article in The Daily Mail that Denise has a $7.7m house on the market, I dont think she needs to be asking for $1.2 to buy another house. I do believe that is greedy. You can always pay your tenants to move out early, etc. She needs to stay in her lane and wuit trying to climb the ladder, because he cash cow will be gone soon if the reports are true. Her current house is on a beautiful piece of property (minus her hideous remodel/decorating).

Securing her kids trust fund is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    After reading today's article in The Daily Mail that Denise has a $7.7m house on the market, I dont think she needs to be asking for $1.2 to buy another house. I do believe that is greedy. You can always pay your tenants to move out early, etc. She needs to stay in her lane and wuit trying to climb the ladder, because he cash cow will be gone soon if the reports are true. Her current house is on a beautiful piece of property (minus her hideous remodel/decorating).

Securing her kids trust fund is fair game.
    It doesn't matter if she can afford another house on her own. She probably can. What matters is that their father promised to provide a house for the kids to live in, he can afford to do so, and he's trying to go back on his word. And Denise is in the position, financially, and with the legal and media resources, to force him to keep that promise. (Most divorced spouses with custody and a crazy ex aren't.) I know she's got some unsavory stuff in her past. She may very well have dug for some gold. But now she's trying to make Charlie follow through on a promise he made to his kids, so I say Go Team Denise.
    czb and garysgirl1999 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    It doesn't matter if she can afford another house on her own. She probably can. What matters is that their father promised to provide a house for the kids to live in, he can afford to do so, and he's trying to go back on his word. And Denise is in the position, financially, and with the legal and media resources, to force him to keep that promise. (Most divorced spouses with custody and a crazy ex aren't.) I know she's got some unsavory stuff in her past. She may very well have dug for some gold. But now she's trying to make Charlie follow through on a promise he made to his kids, so I say Go Team Denise.
    She should have gotten it in writing. Yes, Charlie is a total scumbag, but if he's paying his legally obligated support and doing what's supposed to be done per their divorce decree, then it seems like it would be better for everyone to just let it go. He probably promised to not be a crackhead too, but good luck enforcing that.
    holly likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    ^^I'm not saying she couldn't afford to keep her house empty, I was just throwing out hypotheticals because you were making claims about her based on nothing in that article you posted.

I'd rather see her and their kids get the money than a bunch of hookers, coke dealers and people he's paying hush money to. He is (or was) worth a shit ton, more than able to provide the same standard of living that he enjoys to the various families he's created. I still don't see why she's the bad guy in this scenario.
    My claims weren't based on nothing. It is fact that she outright owns a house that she could've been living in instead of blowing 15K on rent every month. You then tried to throw out a grasping at straws hypothetical scenario about her needing a tenant to cover her rent but if she could afford 15K in rent and was getting 55K a month in CS, then she certainly wouldn't need a tenant in the first place and/or need to waste 15K a month in rent. However, if she did have a tenant, she could've taken that money and compensated them. That's called deductive reasoning.

Charlie is a douche bag. But I'm also not going to entertain this woman's airhead notion that her only option was to spend 15K a month when she could've been living in a house that she outright owns and when she could've sued Charlie in 2014 when he kicked them out that house and not almost two years later.

If he's paying $55K a month in child support, on top of paying for their schooling and basically everything else because Denise doesn't work, then he is keeping them in the style on par with his lifestyle. $55K sounds about what a judge would order him to pay and if he weren't cutting a big check every month, she would've been taken him to court to get it. That amount is on par with a lot of other celebrity kids, even more than some.

If he's covering that obligation than whatever else he chooses to spend his money on is his business. If all she has to do is keep a roof over the kids heads and she has the means to do so in the form of multimillion dollar house that she already owns, then I think for once it's okay to skip the damn drama and court battles and keep it moving.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information