Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Denise Richards Is Suing Charlie Sheen

When I first became a single parent, I lived on 27,000 for two years while raising two young kids and we were F.I.N.E. Descent clothes, shoes and food. Hell, we even had steak all the time lol.
    Denise has/had way more $$ and obviously blown through it all. She can STFU.
    It kinda makes sense why Charlie is calling her all kinds of names.
    Novice likes this.

Charlie calls everybody names:

Every ex-wife
    His ex producer
    Pop stars
    People who took over his original role on the show
    rollo, SHELLEE, Kittylady and 1 others like this.

I don't think it really matters what she's already received, it's that she's due child support for her children until they are adults. I don't know CA laws and I'm not a lawyer, so maybe our resident legal eagles can weigh in. He is still obligated to pay child support based on his net worth and income (I'm sure he's still getting fat residual checks for 3-1/2 Men and other projects). My recent ex makes a good living, but nowhere near the stratosphere of anyone in Hollywood, and he was even required to get life insurance policies covering over a million dollars to cover my alimony and child support if he dies before those run out. You can't listen to either side as they've both lied (especially Charlie's), but both sides seem to agree that the child support he has given her was an amicable, but unordered, agreement. I just don't think a court would tally up what she's received so far and claim he's paid up until they're 18. And there's also precedent (which again, I'm not a lawyer) ... if he's been paying for their private school and other stuff all this time, especially housing if she relocated them to be near him, I'm not sure he'd get out of paying that unless he's no longer able ... again, with big residual checks coming in, I don't see how he's going to get out of paying Denise child support.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Socal, you are relying on what Charlie's lawyer has to say about the money from the divorce. The same lawyer (I'm guessing) who said that Charlie was really thinking he was texting Denise when he texted his daughter to "have a merry Christmas with your loser f*ck s**t mom." The credibility needle has already gone flying off the dial there.

Who knows how the deal was really structured and how much each got? Moreover, it sounds like she is asking for about $1.2 Million toward the cost of a new home. That part does not sound particularly extravagant.
    Good point. You're totally right. I agree...
    I admit I'm a little bias in that I've seen far too many couples split (yes, in the Los Angeles area) and one asking for a ridiculous amount of money for the sake asking for it, based out of personal vendetta(s) - as opposed to/for the cost of living/keeping their lifestyle - or however it's worded with divorce/alimony contracts and settlements.

And yes, I agree that $1.2 is definitely a fair amount for a home in the LA area.
    I guess I'm just wondering why Denise, knowing Charlie, his history (and present?) drug use, and all-over-the-place mental state, knowing his status before it became public knowledge - why is she now just filing this suit? Why she didn't file suit when he evicted her from the house (or whatever went down) if the situation was so dire, if she was so concerned about her children's financial future, if he wasn't making his payments or wasn't delivering on what he promised...
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

I was willing to read this shit until I got to her complaining about having to pay $15K/month for a rental. You know what, screw all of you! Wealth has been wasted on all of them. If I had one year of a $660K salary, I'd be able to live for YEARS.

Damn truth. These dumbasses need to learn how to manage their money.
    whitetigeress likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I was willing to read this shit until I got to her complaining about having to pay $15K/month for a rental. You know what, screw all of you! Wealth has been wasted on all of them. If I had one year of a $660K salary, I'd be able to live for YEARS.
    maybe where you live, but not LA and even here, that would just be middle class.

look, i'm not saying demise is an angel, but i don't think what's she's asking for is unreasonable. *maybe* charlie's failing health is the catalyst, but clearly she is just asking for what she was promised. and she might only get 1/2 of what she is asking for. that's the art of negotiation. *shrugs*
    faithanne, Novice and Kittylady like this.

^No I totally agree, of course she could move them all into a 2 bedroom apartment and live comfortably on $100K a year but why should she? Why should her daughters not live as well as their father? I don't think she's asking for a lot in relation to how much he earns, and also why does everyone keep saying she's "blown" all this money? You never see her or her kids flaunting their extravagant lifestyle. She's only asking for what he promised.

Charlie is a piece of shit and I just don't get the hate for Denise after the way she stepped up to help raise his crack babies.
    CornFlakegrl, czb, rollo and 11 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    maybe where you live, but not LA and even here, that would just be middle class.

look, i'm not saying demise is an angel, but i don't think what's she's asking for is unreasonable. *maybe* charlie's failing health is the catalyst, but clearly she is just asking for what she was promised. and she might only get 1/2 of what she is asking for. that's the art of negotiation. *shrugs*
    I cannot believe everyone in LA makes $600K/year. There have to be places in Southern California where she could live comfortably on that. It's impossible to feel sorry for anyone who whines over that kind of "salary." And just to be clear, I have come to loathe Charlie Sheen.

I'm proposing to bring in Alec Baldwin for an intervention.

czb

no, not everyone makes 600k+/year. but i don't see why her kids (and hence, demise) should live at a much lower level than charlie.

i know people here who live on 100k/year. and the houses they are able to purchase are total drek. what your dollar buys you here, LA, NY, is MUCH different than what it gets you in other places in the country.

Denise could certainly work, but let's face it. She doesn't, and never had the earning potential of Charlie Sheen.

I wonder if she knows something that we don't, that influenced the timing of the suit. There was a story recently about him going off his antivirals in order to pursue alternative treatments in Mexico (I think it was Mexico). Maybe he's off all his meds and preparing to go full tilt tiger blood WINNING! against AIDS. Some of those texts certainly sound like Warlock Mode Charlie is back. That's quality entertainment for us, but not so much if you foresee your kids' inheritance about to be blown.

Bronze Member

So I did some googling and it seems her situation isn't bad at all. She still owns a property in her own name in Hidden Hills.

The former Bond girl and ex-wife of Charlie Sheen has listed her luxe mansion for $7.3 million.

Actress Denise Richards is listing her six-bed, eight-bath home for sale in Hidden Hills, CA, for $7.3 million. (Miley Cyrus bought her own estate in Hidden Hills lasts year, while Drake also owns a home in the area. Block party barbecues must have been great!)
    The 8,300-square-foot property welcomes guests with a grand two-story entry. In the living room, cathedral ceilings tower overhead while a backlit onyx fireplace, wet bar, and built-in seating provide a cozy sense of home. A formal dining room has hardwood floors and cove lighting.
    All six bedrooms are en suite, including the luxurious master suite with its own fireplace, soaking tub, and stunning custom closet complete with a makeup counter and dressing area. After all, when you’ve got a reality show to shoot at home every day — remember It’s Complicated? — looking grungy just isn’t going to do!
    And for a true taste of Hollywood luxury, there’s a wine-tasting room with custom-controlled wine walls, a custom-built 800-square-foot cabana with an outdoor kitchen, fireplace, dining area, and music and television area, and even a “dog kennel/hotel.” When your dog has its own hotel, you know you’re living large. And since Denise has lots of pets — including a few pet pigs — she probably needs the space.
    The rolling, lush private grounds are highlighted by the beautiful beach-entry pool, complete with cascading waterfalls, a grotto with a fire pit, music area, and more. And anyone who has seen Wild Things knows Denise loves pools.
    She bought the home back in 2007 for $4.395 million and has extensively remodeled and expanded the property. No word on where she and her daughters are moving, but it’s safe to say they won’t be moving in with her ex-husband.
    - See more at: Denise Richards Is Selling Her Longtime Home In Hidden Hills - Celebrity - Trulia Blog

I googled again and apparently she and Charlie's divorce became final on November 30, 2006. The article says Denise bought this Hidden Hills house in 2007, which is, obviously, after they divorced.

According to Radar online

Richards hasn’t lived in that home for years, choosing instead to live in a house in Sheen’s gated community, Mulholland Estates, which the mercurial actor also owns. Their two daughters, Sam, and Lola went to school nearby.
    So she's chosen to spend 15K a month in rent just to be stupid. She could've moved herself and her kids into the Hidden Hills home but instead she's been blowing money renting when she didn't have to and trying to sell this house since last year. O_o

How do you know the house is just sitting there empty? She might have a long term tenant paying enough to cover her own rent, or she might not legally be able to force them out without paying compensation.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    Denise could certainly work, but let's face it. She doesn't, and never had the earning potential of Charlie Sheen.

I wonder if she knows something that we don't, that influenced the timing of the suit. There was a story recently about him going off his antivirals in order to pursue alternative treatments in Mexico (I think it was Mexico). Maybe he's off all his meds and preparing to go full tilt tiger blood WINNING! against AIDS. Some of those texts certainly sound like Warlock Mode Charlie is back. That's quality entertainment for us, but not so much if you foresee your kids' inheritance about to be blown.
    This is exactly it. He's either dying or likely to face a Lamar Odom situation. She has to strike now while he is alive (kinda) and good luck to her. He absolutely deserves what's coming to him and just wait till Brooke Mueller get started (again.) Denise has raised three of his kids (if the Charlie lookalike is his) and sometimes the twins as well (making five.) Good grief, just give her the money and be thankful some of your kids are going to be OK. He comes out by far the worst in this situation.
    faithanne, Nevan, Trixie and 7 others like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information