Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Demi Lovato enters 'treatment center,' quits tour and Twitter

Not much new news but still some:

Demi Lovato -- Bullying Is the Root Problem

11/2/2010 9:20 AM PDT by TMZ Staff
    The issues that Disney superstar Demi Lovato is hoping to tackle in her treatment center all stem from a painful history of being bullied ... sources extremely close to the singer tell TMZ.

We're told Demi's issues with bullies go all the way back to middle school -- where she felt her acting career made her a target. Our sources say Demi subsequently engaged in self-destructive behavior that is a manifestation of being bullied.

In fact -- back in 2008, Demi told Ellen DeGeneres that she was bullied so badly in 7th grade, she pulled out of her middle school and switched to a home school program.

As we first reported, Lovato just quit her international concert tour with the Jonas Brothers ... and admitted herself into a treatment center for "emotional and physical issues."
    Demi Lovato -- Bullying Is the Root Problem | TMZ.com

please, she just needs to own up to the fact that she's a little coke whore!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by FreeLL View Post
    This person who lives in Richland Hills is always saying that blind was Demi

CDAN
    Demi tweeted about a band
    Has Chillwave Gone TweenStream? | HIPSTER RUNOFF

North Richland Hills man (David Osborn) drowns while tubing on Brazos River | News | News from Fort Wor...

Maybe if the blind was about her and this person is telling the truth then his death took a toll on her along with everything else
    I refuse to believe anything this guy says. I dont know why, I just refuse to believe him. This is almost like hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    please, she just needs to own up to the fact that she's a little coke whore!

Right!

bullying is truly a bigger problem than people realize, especially when it occurs to a child in their teens when they're looking for acceptance. it's one of those things that you can't fully understand unless you've been there yourself day after day.
    i hope she gets the help she needs and the media respects her privacy.

It's only a matter of time before the "female tour member" leaks out details. Maybe someone was talking shit, Demi heard, and finally snapped. Either way, I hope she gets help. I was sure Miley was going to be the first.

If you can't get over kids being retards to you in high school, then you have bigger things to worry about. Fuck those heathens.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    If you can't get over kids being retards to you in high school, then you have bigger things to worry about. Fuck those heathens.
    Easier said than done really. She's still only young too.

Im hoping for the best here. I dont understand how people bullying in high school pertains to her now but what do I know? Maybe it shaped her confidence or something, hence the cutting and possible drug usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Easier said than done really. She's still only young too.

That's true. I guess I keep forgetting how out of control bullying is, now. :/

'The pressure got to her': Demi Lovato's father blames Hollywood for his 18-year-old daughter's admission to rehab

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 9:00 AM on 3rd November 2010
    Yesterday Demi Lovato stunned fans with the news she has checked into rehab for 'emotional and physical' issues.
    And now the Disney teen's father Patrick is blaming the pressures of Hollywood for his daughter's problems.

'There are a lot of pressures,' he told U.S. website RadarOnline. 'That is one of the things I worried about when she signed with Disney. It's just going to happen.'

Stress: Demi Lovato, pictured in Mexico City just over a week ago, had been on a tour with the Jonas Brothers when she decided to get help for her problems

However, Patrick confessed he has not seen or spoken to his 18-year-old daughter for a while.

'It’s been a couple of months,' he admitted. 'I've had cancer, I've been in the hospital for two months and I just got out. She hasn't visited, she's been too busy, she's been way too busy.'
    A representative for the star announced yesterday she was leaving her tour with the Jonas Brothers to seek 'medical treatment for emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time.'
    This weekend, Demi is alleged to have got in a scuffle with a backing dancer at the airport in Peru on Saturday, where she had been touring with the band.

'Demi has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help,' the representative added to E! News.

'Demi and her family ask that the media please respect their privacy during this difficult time. She regrets not being able to finish her tour, but is looking forward to getting back to work in the near future.'
    The Disney star's mother Dianna, her step father and manager Eddie De La Garza and her half sister Madison, who appears on Desperate Housewives, looked grim as they returned to their Los Angeles home earlier today.
    Family united: Demi's mother Dianna, her step father Eddie De La Garza and her half sister Madison De La Garza return to their L.A. home today

The Jonas Brothers today said they had no plans to replace Demi for the remaining six days of the tour.

A source told E! Online that Demi may have found it difficult to tour alongside her ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas, who is now dating Twilight star Ashley Greene.

'After she split with Joe, it was just a whole bunch of drama, very awkward,' the source said. 'Everyone tried to be professional, but you could tell it was wearing down Demi.

'It was a taboo subject to bring up, but clearly she wasn't over Joe.'
    The source added that the stress of the tour and promoting movie Camp Rock 2 may have been too much for the young star.

'The [Jonas] boys got a break after the tour, but Demi went a non-stop promo campaign for Camp Rock 2 and was pushing the single for that movie. It really was too much ask of a girl that young. She just couldn't handle it.'

Rehab: Demi Lovato with ex-boyfriend Joe Joans, left, and his younger brother Nick at her 18th birthday in August

'I think Demi has a lot of issues she is dealing with, but at the source of them all is a great deal of stress.
    The 18-year-old had a tough childhood, dropping out of school after being bullied.

More...

Back in September, she discussed her past on TV talk show The View.

'I had no idea why [I was being bullied],' Demi told Barbara Walters on the U.S. daytime show.

'People would say: "They're just jealous girls." But you don't want to hear that - you want to know a reason, so you just keep pinning it on yourself.
    'I wasn't going to be the girl who was like "Oh they're just jealous of me."'

Opening up: Demi Lovato discussed how she was bullied at school on an episode of The View which aired in September

Issues: The star told the show's hosts how the bullying led her to drop out of school when she was younger

She wrote more about her experiences in an October letter on the PACER's Teens Against Bullying website.
    'Many people think of bullying as getting beat up in school, but it is so much more than that,' she wrote.
    'For me it was all of the verbal harassment I had to deal with. People say sticks and stones may break your bones but names can never hurt you, but that's not true. Words can hurt. They hurt me. Things were said to me that I still haven't forgotten.'
    Meanwhile, Demi's hit Disney show Sonny With A Chance, is still on a scheduled hiatus, but Disney today backed their star.

'We support Demi's decision to put her health first and we send her our best wishes,' a Disney spokesperson told People.

Confessional: Currently receiving treatment, Demi opened up about her past to View host Barbara Walters

Read more: Demi Lovato's father blames Hollywood for daughter's rehab admission | Mail Online

I always wonder what's going to happen with Madison when she's older. Being 'the fat kid' on Desperate housewives has got to be a mind fuck. She's not even that chunky...just really round in the face.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

It must have been tough for her to see her father go through cancer treatments. Poor girl.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Being forced into the biz to support her family and then bullied for it is an awful lot of pressure for a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Didn't you drop out? You might have a different perspective if you had attended high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    It must have been tough for her to see her father go through cancer treatments. Poor girl.
    Looks like she wasn't there for him at all. He said he was in the hospital for 2 months but hasn't seen or spoken to her.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information