Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Demi Lovato engaged to some dude she'll divorce before you remember his name

Damn, forget the crappy manicure, those are some deal-breaker fingers right there.
    sprynkles, Trixie, Novice and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

Giving her a pass on the nails because at 54 I have yet to do a decent polish job on my own nails. I've given up. However... if I were taking a photo of that rock and posting for all to see, I'd make sure they were done professionally... but, Covid... so I'm going to give her a big ol' pass this time. I'm sure they look fine from farther away.

She's obviously a very fragile person and sobriety must be a daily battle....so, I really hope this relationship works out for her. Wonder if this guy has his own sobriety worries. Wish her well.
    sprynkles likes this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    ^well, maybe the proposal took her by surprise lol

i don't care about her hands, nails, manicure. or her, at all but doesn't she had addiction problems and a recent hospitalization?
    the pics at the link look so fake, i think if this ends up in divorce, it will be a win for her.
    Hopefully he'll be good to her but it does seem fast to me - but I'm happily single so what do I know?
    Max and Demi have been dating since early March—and things are getting serious.

According to E! News, though Ehrich and Lovato's relationship is still fairly new, the two couldn't be more perfect of a pair.

"Max is very into music and health, and he doesn't like to party. He is a good influence on Demi, and they have a lot in common," a source told the outlet. "It's very new but they are definitely hanging out and seeing where it leads."

Another source, per Us Weekly, declared how well the new relationship was going—so well that fans shouldn't be surprised if a walk down the aisle happens in the future for the couple.

"Max plans to propose to Demi after this whole pandemic is resolved and their families wouldn't be surprised by the proposal. They think they make a great couple," said a source.
    A source says Max might propose to Demi after quarantine ends.

According to Us Weekly, both Ehrich and Lovato have been discussing the prospect of marriage in recent weeks.

"They've been talking about getting engaged," a source said. "Her family really likes him. He'll likely propose within the next couple of months, but when quarantine is over." The source continued, saying that Ehrich has reportedly picked out a "very sizable" engagement ring for the "I Love Me" singer.
    sprynkles and palta like this.

fgg

Demi Lovato on the brink of a breakup with fiancé Max Ehrich

Demi Lovato and fiancé Max Ehrich likely won’t be saying “I do.”

A source close to the couple told Page Six that they are struggling to make their relationship work.

“It’s not over yet,” our insider shared, “but it’s on its way there.”

Reps for the couple didn’t return a request for comment.

Speculation has been running rampant that the two have called it quits after Lovato’s bodyguard and sister both unfollowed Ehrich on Instagram. Lovato, 28, and Ehrich, 29, haven’t “liked” each other’s last several social media posts, either.

The actor from “The Young and the Restless” came under fire recently when it appeared he had left thirsty messages on posts from Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus. Lovato came forward and claimed the screenshots were fake.

“It’s really sad when people FAKE images to put women against each other,” she wrote. “If women have conflict that’s between them NOT YOU.”

The “OK Not to Be OK” singer and Ehrich got engaged in June after only several months of dating.

https://pagesix.com/2020/09/24/demi-...for-a-breakup/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Surprise!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Speculation has been running rampant that the two have called it quits after Lovato’s bodyguard and sister both unfollowed Ehrich on Instagram. Lovato, 28, and Ehrich, 29, haven’t “liked” each other’s last several social media posts, either.

Okay, how weird is it that you can actually track the health of some third party's relationship this way? "Ohhhh, Kynthia Kardashian hasn't given Brad Bootycall a DipsyDoodleTM on his McSplatterTM account in 4 weeks!!! It's ovahhhhh!!!"

Elite Member

I saw today that they are officially done. Not shocked. Five months and engaged? Glad Demi got out before she got married.
    BrickHouse likes this.

So he was basically her quarantine hobby.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Her quarantine hubby, please!
    sputnik, fgg and Tati like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

fgg

Demi & Max are over

Around lunchtime yesterday Page Six published a report that Demi Lovato and fiancé Max Ehrich wouldn’t make it down the aisle. A source close to the couple said, “It’s not over yet, but it’s on its way there.” By dinner time PEOPLE was reporting on the couple’s split, six months into their relationship and two months into their engagement.

The report suggests recent “conflicts” led to the breakup, and that during their early days of dating (way back, six months ago) things were stress-free and fun because they lived in their own isolated bubbles they started when pandemic lockdowns initially rolled out. Now they’re getting back to work, with Max filming a movie in Atlanta, and the distance strained things. It’s also said that Max’s rising profile since linking up with Demi, added to the friction – “He got wrapped up in [Hollywood]” – although, if you ask the folks at Us Weekly, that’s putting it nicely.

“In the beginning, Max was super careful about self-promotion [and] things with his career, but once they got engaged, he really hit the gas pedal and wanted to make the most out of his career opportunities.”

Insiders tell Us Weekly that Demi had been watching the way Max was loving his increased fame and that left a bad taste in her mouth. Taking everything into account, apparently their friends thought they were bound to implode. I know she dated Wilmer Valderrama for six years, and she was clearly the bigger star in that relationship, but is Demi really the type to care?

If we’re to believe the “Max is a famewhore” narrative, it may be telling that the breakup comes two weeks after alleged screenshots of Max thirsting over Selena Gomez and some other pop princesses who rose to prominence in the 2010s surfaced on Twitter. They appear to show (among a ton of other comments) Max writing “MARRY ME NOW” on one of Selena’s Instagram Lives and tweeting super cringe stuff, like “Selena Gomez and Demi are cute together, but boy if you think Demi is prettier… you’re WRONG!” as well as posting “I’m going to marry @Selenagomez” on his Twitter as recently as 2018. Which is a little weird, considering he would have been 27 in 2018, not a kid with a teenage crush on a pop star. Max deactivated his social media earlier this month, while Demi defended him in on her Instagram, writing:

“It’s really sad when people FAKE images to pit women against each other. If women have conflict that’s between them NOT YOU. Secondly, don’t y'all have more important shit to write about in 2020??? I challenge any tabloid that dares to type my name to mention Breonna Taylor and the fact that her murderers still haven’t been arrested. WRITE ABOUT THAT.”

But Demi, what’s sadder? That we live in a world where rogue Selena Gomez fans would totally photoshop evidence to try and break up the relationship of somebody their favourite artist had a falling out with… or that the many videos that have been dug up (and conveniently available here) where Max admits to having a crush on Selena Gomez since 2010 — suggesting the screenshots are very much real. One reality makes me sad for the world, the other makes me sad for Demi, just when I thought 2020 was delivering her some much deserved happiness. Not only is she dealing with her own mental health journey, and sobriety, but she always seems to get dragged back into this Selena vs. Demi drama. After establishing a “we’re not friends, but there’s no ill will" attitude earlier this year, things were good until fans accused Demi of running a finsta to bash Selena. That kind of sh-t is just playing with Demi’s head, when she’s clearly trying to surround herself with positivity two years after an overdose nearly ended her life.

Max’s (not alleged, but totally confirmed) love for Selena Gomez could have been a trigger for Demi, since nobody’s really sure why Selena and Demi’s friendship has been a rocky road over the last decade. I’d be insecure at the bare minimum if I was Demi and I saw his old tweets. That, plus going from being together in a bubble 24/7 to maintaining a more regular schedule now, that involves some long distance, within your first six months together is tough. But just a week and a half ago, as Max’s Selena thirst scandal was subsiding, Demi admitted that she’s started looking at wedding dresses. To be fair the interviewer did ask point-blank if she’s started looking, but if you’re having serious relationship troubles (or you’ve secretly already broken up) wouldn’t you just smile and skirt the question by saying something about how you’ve been too busy working on new music, but you’ll start looking soon? Instead, Demi pulled a “yes, and…” Not only did she say she was looking, but she said she was debating eloping with Max, given social distancing protocols as well as just wanting to keep things private.

Demi and I are nearly the same age and I can’t even fathom getting engaged or wanting to tie the knot any time soon, so it’s hard to imagine a going from wedding dress shopping to returning the ring in less than two weeks… but I’m not inside their relationship. From all the reports I’ve read, sources close to Demi say she’s doing okay despite the circumstances and she just felt it was in the best interest of both parties to split up and focus on their careers. Neither Max or Demi have officially confirmed the news through their reps, but Max returned to Instagram shortly after midnight to post the words “Jesus Loves You” on white background, and turned off comments on all posts. While Demi posted on her IG story around the same time news broke yesterday evening, and it’s the only confirmation needed. Her huge diamond ring is noticeably absent as she records herself in the mirror, zooming in on her t-shirt, which reads: DOGS OVER PEOPLE. Anything else to say on the matter, put it in your next song.

https://www.laineygossip.com/demi-lo...-engaged/67136
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I feel bad for Demi, and I want to like her, but she annoys me way too often. (shrugs)

Accuracy in thread-titling strikes again.
    tulip, sputnik, weathered1 and 5 others like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Accuracy in thread-titling strikes again.
    Yeah, turns out Sput was being kind.

2020 - what a year.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    I feel bad for Demi, and I want to like her, but she annoys me way too often. (shrugs)
    I can’t stand her and i think she’s as addicted to petty drama as she is to any drug, maybe even more.
    Last edited by sputnik; September 25th, 2020 at 03:52 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information