Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: Dean McDermott Wants Tori Spelling to File for Bankruptcy

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I'm not trying to defend Tori at all, but IMO Candy Spelling is no better when it comes to money. She just has enough of it that there's less chance of her running out and having to live like Tori. Her extravagance knew no bounds when she was bringing up her kids. Come on, having snow trucked in for a birthday party? Don't be turning your nose up at your daughter like your shit doesn't stink Mrs. Stripper-name Spelling.

Maybe you should have said "no" every once in awhile and made your teenage daughter stay in school instead of letting her daddy (stand up to him too) make her fugly ass an actress. A kid who is basically Aaron in a drag definitely needs a fallback plan in life!
    I agree with you, they created the monster. They never should have put her on 90210 or let her believe she had the looks or talent to make it as an actress. Aaron was a failed actor before he turned to writing and producing, so he of all people should have known better. At least Randy finally realized he wasn't going to make it in show biz and went off to lead a somewhat normal life.
    tulip likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm not trying to defend Tori at all, but IMO Candy Spelling is no better when it comes to money. She just has enough of it that there's less chance of her running out and having to live like Tori. Her extravagance knew no bounds when she was bringing up her kids. Come on, having snow trucked in for a birthday party? Don't be turning your nose up at your daughter like your shit doesn't stink Mrs. Stripper-name Spelling.

Maybe you should have said "no" every once in awhile and made your teenage daughter stay in school instead of letting her daddy (stand up to him too) make her fugly ass an actress. A kid who is basically Aaron in a drag definitely needs a fallback plan in life!
    "Carole Gene Spelling".....

So was Candy her stage name? Didn't Aaron meet her in some club when she was a teenager?

I can't believe he was married to Carolyn Jones (Morticia).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Has anyone seen the new commercial on WE TV for David Tutera CELABartions ? Tori/Donna Martin is going to help him plan her party or a party for someone else. If I can find the clip I'll post it ,she refers to herself as her 90210 character

So was Candy her stage name? Didn't Aaron meet her in some club when she was a teenager?

I can't believe he was married to Carolyn Jones (Morticia).
    From what I can see, she was from Beverly / Holmby Hills & had more $$$ than he did (I read that she was from a wealthy family, but who knows?)

[quote]
    Life not always sweet for Tori Spelling's mother Candy

You won't be catching Candy Spelling shopping at Labels for Less.

View 2 photos
    zoom

By: Rita Zekas Special to the Star, Published on Thu Aug 27 2009
    You won't be catching Candy Spelling shopping at Labels for Less.

Well turned out in Louboutin snake skin stilettos (size 7 1/2, but look size 5), chic black business suit and black Prada bag with leather like butter, she is the epitome of The Lady Who Lunches, though she doesn't partake of the vegetarian club sandwiches in front of her at the Intercontinental Hotel.

She is in T.O. tub-thumping her autobio Stories From Candyland: Confections from One of Hollywood's Most Famous Wives and Mothers.

Spelling, 63, is also one of Tinseltown's most famous Hollywood Widows, whose gazillionaire producer husband Aaron Spelling died of a stroke in 2006. Aaron Spelling's credits include Beverly Hills 90210, Charlie's Angels, Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Dynasty, Mod Squad and Melrose Place.

Candy, née Carole Gene Marer, was 19 when she met him; he was 42. They wed in 1968.

"He reminded me of Fred Astaire," she explains. "I had a huge crush on him."

Aaron Spelling was an occasional actor and notorious playboy; when they hooked up, she had more dough than he did through her modelling and designing. She had gone to art college and worked her way up in a department store to manager of the lingerie department.

Early in their marriage, they were so cash-strapped they borrowed suitcases from the set of Hotel when they travelled. She now has 90 suitcases.

She was the quintessential Hollywood trophy wife and proud of it. Many of Nolan Miller's clothes on Dynasty were based on her taste, and she actually stopped production on the show because Krystle Carrington's engagement ring wasn't spectacular enough.

Is she sweet Krystle or nasty Alexis?

"I am neither and both characters," she claims.

Spelling says she wrote the book to further her husband's legacy.

"My husband made quite a statement in the TV industry," she says. "I tell stories about how we lived a very quiet life. I want to get that out there."

She also wants to set the record straight that she wasn't just "that rich lady with the gift-wrapping room." Actually she has three (purportedly to gift a 1,000 or more staffers and biz associates) in the 70,000-square-foot Spelling Manor, the largest single family dwelling in Hollywood, which she has on the market for a reported $150 million. Contrary to reports, she says it is not sold, though she is downsizing to a 17,000-square-foot condo, the size of her attic.

In the book, there are three pages of Candy Spelling Collections alphabetized from American European Impressionist Art to Vienna bronze animals.

A Los Angeles native, she met Aaron Spelling while on a double date with Tina Sinatra and her fiancé.

"We went to Daisy after dinner. It was a private members-only club. Aaron was on a date and said to the owner, `I'd like to meet that girl.' Eight dances later, my date was handing me my coat."

She also had a huge crush on Rock Hudson and when Aaron took her to a party at Hudson's house on their second date, she was so freaked at actually meeting Hudson, she locked herself in his bathroom. Presumably his closet was already occupied.

"On our next date, Aaron taught me how to shake hands and look people in the eye," she says.

It was her second marriage. She married for the first time at age 17 because it was her get-out-of-jail-free card. Her mother was controlling and intimidating – "Auntie Mame as a strict disciplinarian" – and she was pathologically shy.

"In those days, nice girls went to college, got a job or got married," she says. "I tell my kids, don't marry anyone you haven't slept with."

She was divorced at 19.

"He was a latent homosexual. I was still a virgin 2 1/2 weeks after the honeymoon."

She is dating again. "It is nothing exciting," she insists. "It's not my Prince Charming."

As anyone familiar with celebrity squabbling knows, Spelling has two kids, actor Tori (her godmother Barbara Stanwyck gave her the nickname; she was named Victoria), born in 1973, and Randy, born in 1978.

Randy is a relationship coach. He might start with Mom and Sis, who have a "complicated" relationship, exacerbated by the rant Mom put out on TMZ, claiming the estrangement between daughter and parents in the latter years "killed my husband. He just didn't want to live after that."

"That's not what I meant," Spelling says. "He was depressed because she cut off all ties after her marriage to Charlie, her first husband."

She doesn't slag Tori in the book. The worst she says is, give her back grandma's recipes.

"Tori seems to think our good times weren't as good as others remember them. I think they were."

Furthermore, Tori's dad didn't cut her out of the will, leaving her a measly $80,000 of his millions.

Both kids have multi-million-dollar trust funds, she says. As do her two grandchildren, Liam Aaron, 2, and Stella Doreen, 14 months.

She calls herself their "Candygram" but has yet to meet Stella, declining an invitation to come to the child's birthday party on her daughter's reality show, Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.

"A big party wasn't how I envisioned meeting my granddaughter for the first time, but hey, this is Hollywood and my grandchildren have become reality show props."

Nor has she read Tori's books sTORItelling and Mommywood.

Why don't they just make up and play nice?

"As a parent, I have unconditional love. I call her and she doesn't respond.

"I love Tori; she is my child."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    $800,000 would set most people up. She's clueless. I watched one of her shows and she has serious spending issues.

I would think if her mother is covering her rent, it would be cheaper for her to purchase a home outright and let them live in it.
    Perhaps Candy is living in the vain hope that her daughter and son in law are going to get their shit together and start supporting themselves properly and paying their own rent. Buying them a house won't go anywhere towards making them even think of their responsibilities.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Louboutin snake skin stilettos (size 7 1/2, but look size 5)

Who writes this ass-kissing shit? In what universe does a size 7.5 shoe look like a size 5? Even in a "Louboutin"?

Small feet here. I can look at a damn shoe that's a single size higher than what I wear and tell it's gonna be too fucking big. Unless it's a bulky ass tennis shoe or boot!

The whole 'Candy came from money and didn't need/care about marrying it' jazz was probably written by the same people who turned her clodhoppers into little baby feet.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I can't believe Candy is a couple years younger than my mom. She looks much older.

eta - nevermind. I just read that she's 70. She's older than my mom. I didn't pay attention to the date on the article.

Elite Member

I agree that they created a monster, but she's a grown woman with her own family. It's time for her to grow up and take some responsibility for her life and stop letting mommy pay the bills.
    Trixie likes this.

Louboutin snake skin stilettos (size 7 1/2, but look size 5)

Who writes this ass-kissing shit? In what universe does a size 7.5 shoe look like a size 5? Even in a "Louboutin"?

Small feet here. I can look at a damn shoe that's a single size higher than what I wear and tell it's gonna be too fucking big. Unless it's a bulky ass tennis shoe or boot!

The whole 'Candy came from money and didn't need/care about marrying it' jazz was probably written by the same people who turned her clodhoppers into little baby feet.
    I don't understand why they are writing about/mentioning her shoe size like it's her weight.
    "She wears a size 8 but, she looks like a size 4..."

It's not like being a 7.5 in shoe size is a bad thing, that it's something people look down upon.
    Hell, I think close to the "national average" for women. I wear a 7 to 7.5... And? Who give a flying f*ck?
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Perhaps Candy is living in the vain hope that her daughter and son in law are going to get their shit together and start supporting themselves properly and paying their own rent. Buying them a house won't go anywhere towards making them even think of their responsibilities.
    Also, if Candy buys them a house, she is stuck paying for repairs. If she rents a house for them, that's the land lord's problem.
    Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Elite Member

Maybe Tori can get a few free "Life Coaching" sessions from her brother.

Both kids have multi-million-dollar trust funds, she says. As do her two grandchildren, Liam Aaron, 2, and Stella Doreen, 14 months.
    Is this true? If so, Tori really needs to crawl away and be quiet.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Is this true? If so, Tori really needs to crawl away and be quiet.
    Why do you think Tori popped out 2 more kids???

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Why do you think Tori popped out 2 more kids???
    Do you think that Tori is clever enough for that? I believe that the last two were accidents, just like Tori said (great that her kids will find that information online in a few years).

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information