Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree417Likes

Thread: Dean McDermott Wants Tori Spelling to File for Bankruptcy

Also, Aaron Spelling was suffering from dementia when he died so any will amendment could easily have been challenged in court.

Tori Spelling and Family Move to Encino Rental Home Amid Reports of Financial Troubles

Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott
    Michael Buckner/Getty

By Aili Nahas and Aaron Couch
    02/05/2016 AT 05:05 PM EST

Tori Spelling has some new digs.

The actress and her family have moved from their home in Calabasas, California to a rental in Encino, PEOPLE has confirmed.

She, husband Dean McDermott and their four children have moved to a $7,500 per month rental, with the 3,900 square-ft. home boasting five bedrooms and four baths, as well as a pool, spa, a gym and a media room.

A source close to Spelling tells PEOPLE they moved to be closer to the kids' schools.

Spelling, who has experienced financial difficulties in recent years, is currently being sued by American Express for an outstanding balance of $37,981.97 on her card.

Spelling's mom Candy Spelling, who has had a sometimes rocky relationship with her daughter, told TMZ in January she was unsure why her daughter hadn't paid the bills and said she has been helping her out financially.

"I'm paying all her bills now. I'm not paying extras like that, I'm not paying any back payments," she said. "Just for the house and the kids' school and the food."

In October, Spelling revealed that her TV mogul father Aaron Spelling left her just $800,000 of his estimated $500 million estate when he died in 2006.

Spelling, 42, and her husband, 49, say their financial setbacks began in 2011 they sold their Encino home at a loss and the actress' retail space InvenTORI disappointed.

Back in 2013, Spelling opened up to PEOPLE about how some of her family's financial struggles, saying at the time that they were spending less on their kids' birthday parties and watching their medical expenses. McDermott opted against getting the vasectomy he wanted after their business manager said the couple couldn't afford it.

"We're in the entertainment business, and things change year to year," Spelling said. "We don't have a series on the air right now, so we have to be more restrictive of what we can spend, just like anyone who doesn't currently have a steady job."
    Tori Spelling and Family Move to Encino Rental Home : People.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hmmm I wonder what the rent was on their previous digs. Did Candy tell her she needed to move into a lower rent district since Candy's footing the bill? (Not that I know if it's a lower rent district or not..)
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

She had a retail space? And it was called InvenTORI?

If they couldn't make a "Bed and Breakfast" business happen, what made them (her) think she could handle another legitimate business/retail space? You know, one that she and/or Dean had to actually put some work into, like a majority of us "normal" folk.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Tori should have been banking her money from 90210 and her bazillion reality shows. She certainly doesn't have the talent to have a long career as an actress. If someone would have left me $800K ten years ago, I would be doing pretty good. She's just an irresponsible person.

As for the new rental, it's Encino. Parts are really, really nice and other parts are shitholes. Typical of the valley. If she's in a $7500 per month rental, she's probably in a pretty decent area. It's not Beverly Hills, but she's not slumming it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Tori should have been banking her money from 90210 and her bazillion reality shows. She certainly doesn't have the talent to have a long career as an actress. If someone would have left me $800K ten years ago, I would be doing pretty good. She's just an irresponsible person.

As for the new rental, it's Encino. Parts are really, really nice and other parts are shitholes. Typical of the valley. If she's in a $7500 per month rental, she's probably in a pretty decent area. It's not Beverly Hills, but she's not slumming it.
    $800,000 would set most people up. She's clueless. I watched one of her shows and she has serious spending issues.

I would think if her mother is covering her rent, it would be cheaper for her to purchase a home outright and let them live in it.

She does have income. She's one of the voices on Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Maybe not movie star money, but if her mom is paying her living expenses, it's probably a decent income.

^^Who is she on Jake? My kid watches that.

Elite Member

I have a hard time finding one little, teeny, tiny thing to feel sorry about with them. They need to live within their means. Period. $7900 per month rental on a house? Seriously? Boo-hoo. Stop living in fantasy land and live like typical people do -- that they could afford. They just don't want to give up the celeb lifestyle.

I'm not trying to defend Tori at all, but IMO Candy Spelling is no better when it comes to money. She just has enough of it that there's less chance of her running out and having to live like Tori. Her extravagance knew no bounds when she was bringing up her kids. Come on, having snow trucked in for a birthday party? Don't be turning your nose up at your daughter like your shit doesn't stink Mrs. Stripper-name Spelling.

Maybe you should have said "no" every once in awhile and made your teenage daughter stay in school instead of letting her daddy (stand up to him too) make her fugly ass an actress. A kid who is basically Aaron in a drag definitely needs a fallback plan in life!
    rollo, Mivvi21, Trixie and 9 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    ^^Who is she on Jake? My kid watches that.
    I think she is a pirate princess. There are quite a few famous voices that do recurring characters(Sharon Osbourne plays Hook's mom for instance).

I know @ Mrs. Dark. I remember her 'gift wrapping' room as well. They are a hopeless, useless family. It seems only Aaron knew how to make his own money and keep it.
    tulip likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

She had more than one gift wrapping room I think
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

LOL. Ridiculous family.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    I think she is a pirate princess. There are quite a few famous voices that do recurring characters(Sharon Osbourne plays Hook's mom for instance).
    That's funny. I knew about Josh Duhamel being one of the captains, but not about Sharon and Tori.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information