Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 219
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: Dean McDermott Wants Tori Spelling to File for Bankruptcy

  1. #46
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I can't say I have much sympathy for Tori, but Candy saying calling her extravagant from her 123 room mansion is rich. At least Tori HAS made a living for herself at some point in her life.
    Sorry but Candy worked hard to earn what she and Aaron built together. She had to sleep with him!
    Trixie, stella blue, Nevan and 9 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  2. #47
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Well, that totally devalues the support that a wife can give the husband building a business and supporting him through out his career.
    He also married her when they both had very little. He was older than her but obviously enjoyed the "support" that she gave him.


    I didn't know that he was her 2nd husband though.
    Didn't mean to devalue it. I think the support spouses give one another is important and valuable. Still, fact is that no one was giving her a paycheck to write anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I can't say I have much sympathy for Tori, but Candy saying calling her extravagant from her 123 room mansion is rich. At least Tori HAS made a living for herself at some point in her life.
    Exactly. That's what gets me. I don't care if she she inherited a chunk of her husband's fortune. I would never begrudge any spouse that (ya know unless they killed their SO or were completely horrible to them or whatever). And yes I do think that Tori needs to take responsibility for her finances. However, it's quite rich Candy to call out Tori when she lives a very extravagant life her own self, now in a multimillion dollar penthouse or apartment of some kind IIRC, and I doubt she spends her time looking at price tags. Climb down off your pedestal.

    I believe that adults should take responsibility for their actions but I'm also always caught between not ignoring the fact that it's annoying when parents don't teach their children the value of a dollar and then are shocked, surprised, appalled, etc. when they end up like Tori or worse. Randy is one of those kids who turned out okay in spite of his parents shortcomings not because they taught him better.

  3. #48
    Elite Member NoNoRehab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LYNWOOD JAIL
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Tori spent her entire life living expecting to inherit the motherload when Aaron died. It's no coincidence that Dean magically started sniffing around right before Aaron died, either. But whoops, Tori supposedly pissed Aaron off with brattiness and he decided that he'd give his kids a modest sum instead. What she got would be enough for most of us to live on for decades, if not the rest of our lives, but she blew it.

    It sounds like that was the best thing that ever happened to her brother. I remember him and his crappy "acting" career. He probably would've been a useless drug addicted celebutard if he'd inherited a lot of money, but it seems like he took his inheritance and went to live a nice, regular life away from Hollywood. Good for him.

    I hope Candy has an iron clad trust for her grandkids that'll be enough to pay for an education and a modest start in life, but that their parents can't touch.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

  4. #49
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    55,894

    Default

    The difference is candy can afford her extravagant lifestyle, tori can't and shouldn't spend like she's still a millionaire.
    there is nothing hypocritical about candy calling tori extravagant because like I said, candy can afford it.
    Last edited by sputnik; January 24th, 2016 at 03:40 AM.
    Novice, Trixie, czb and 6 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  5. #50
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    30,162

    Default

    I remember the freaking fortune her daddy spent on that extravagant wedding when she married her first husband. The one she fucked over for Dean. I don't think that sat well with him (dad) at all. I can completely believe he changed his will. He probably took one look at Dean and knew what the fuck was really going on.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  6. #51
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    23,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Years ago Dominick Dunne wrote a piece on Candy, I think it's in Fatal Chams. I remember a few things:

    Candy used to have the nanny walk ahead of her and Tori on the beach and plant rare beautiful seashells in the sand so Tori could find them while she and Candy strolled.

    Candy had teamsters drive all night from No. CA on Christmas to have snow placed on the lawns so the Spelling kids could have a white Xmas.



    Having said that, Tori is now a middle aged woman. Grow up and take responsibility, I dont care how much her parents had. It's ridiculous to think Candy should foot the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Sorry but Candy worked hard to earn what she and Aaron built together. She had to sleep with him!
    I loved Dominick Dunne
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  7. #52
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    20,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I loved Dominick Dunne
    Me too. His books, essays for Vanity Fair, and even his cheesy Courtv show, there was something so magnetic about him.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



  8. #53
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    23,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Me too. His books, essays for Vanity Fair, and even his cheesy Courtv show, there was something so magnetic about him.
    I actually learned about Michael Skakel because of his book.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  9. #54
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post

    However Candy, the widow of multi-millionaire TV producer Aaron Spelling, insists that although she is helping Tori with her living expenses, she will not pay off her debts.

    "I've been helping her out, I'm paying all her bills now," the TV personality tells TMZ.com. "I'm not paying extras like that (credit card bill), I'm not paying any back payments, just for the house and the kids' school and the food that's all."
    If Candy is paying for the house, food, and school, then you'd think that Tori and Dean would be able to live debt free.

  10. #55
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Granted that bringing up four kids is not cheap, particularly in Hidden Hills, Candy seems to do more than just helping out. Yeah, she's got more money than she could ever spend, but Tori seems like a bottomless pit. And Tori must have made a buck or two with all the reality TV, books etc.

    What I remember about her as a teen is Aaron continually pushing for MORE screen time, plot lines etc devoted to his daughter on 90210. I didn't watch it that often, but I remember one seen when Tori walked into a party and the boys were all "She's so gorgeous!" Guess we know who wrote those lines..

  11. #56
    Gold Member coolade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I remember the freaking fortune her daddy spent on that extravagant wedding when she married her first husband. The one she fucked over for Dean. I don't think that sat well with him (dad) at all. I can completely believe he changed his will. He probably took one look at Dean and knew what the fuck was really going on.
    If I remember correctly, Aaron told Tori if she married Dean she would be written out of the will because he knew Dean was after the $.

  12. #57
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    55,894

    Default

    I doubt tori's choice of husbands or cheating on her first husband had anything to do with the amount she was given because her brother was given the same and he didn't cheat or fuck dean McDermott (that we know).
    sprynkles, Novice, sluce and 5 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  13. #58
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    20,685

    Default

    ^ yeah, that would really suck for Randy if he got screwed out of a big inheritance because of his sister's bad behavior.

    And if Candy is paying all Tori's bills now I hope Randy is getting something to even things out. It would also suck being shortchanged for being the "good" one. I've seen it happen in families before and it usually leads to some very hard feelings.
    sluce and garysgirl1999 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



  14. #59
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    44,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ yeah, that would really suck for Randy if he got screwed out of a big inheritance because of his sister's bad behavior.

    And if Candy is paying all Tori's bills now I hope Randy is getting something to even things out. It would also suck being shortchanged for being the "good" one. I've seen it happen in families before and it usually leads to some very hard feelings.
    Yup, my sister has borrowed yet more money from my folks and my pa is getting to the point where he is trying to force cash on me so that we are "equal".

    Anyway, back to Randy
    andy Spelling Gets Candid About Receiving A Fraction Of His Late Father's Fortune (VIDEO)

    11/10/2014 09:28 am ET | Updated Sep 18, 2015

    • OWN

    X





    As the son of the famed late Hollywood producer Aaron Spelling, Randy Spelling grew up in what many would consider a fantasy world. His home was "Spelling Manor," a 123-room mansion that included 27 bathrooms, its own bowling alley and an ice rink. His sister, Tori, starred alongside hot young celebrities on Aaron's hit series "90210." His father's famous friends -- like Burt Reynolds and Sophia Loren -- would casually stop by the house to hang out or bowl with the family.
    The surrealism of his early teen years growing up in that environment isn't lost on Randy today, as he tells "Oprah: Where Are They Now?"
    "Spelling Manor [was] a fantastical place," he says. "It quickly became a fun playground."
    Now 36, Randy's life is a far cry from what it once was. "My life is really different from how I grew up. It's definitely more quiet and more simple," he says. "I am a husband, I'm a father of two amazing girls. We do a lot of cooking. I mean, 90 percent of the food that we eat is all home-cooked."
    As a child, Randy remembers connecting with his parents and sister often at the dinner table. "Growing up, one of the ways that my family came together a lot was for a meal," he explains. "My dad liked steak, he liked meat, he liked potatoes, he liked corned beef sandwiches. He would say... 'Why are you cooking that? Why don't you make a sandwich!?'"
    In 2006, Aaron passed away, leaving behind a fortune reportedly worth nearly half a billion dollars. It was also reported that Randy and Tori each received less than $1 million in cash after his death.
    "I don't know what really happened with my father's will," Randy admits. "To a lot of people, [our inheritance] was probably out of balance, considering what he had. To my knowing, my sister and I got equal amounts.
    "Would it have been nice to have been left a whole lot of money? Yes," he adds. "[But] things happen the way they need to, and my life right now might look very different if I had $10 million sitting in the bank. So, I had to get my wings burned a little bit and fall to learn how to just live rather normally."
    Randy currently lives in Portland, Ore., and works as a life coach. As for his sister, who stars in her own reality series called "True Tori," Randy says that they both still make time to connect.
    "Tori and I have an interesting relationship. It's one of love that isn't always as close as I would like it to be. [But] she's really busy. She has a lot of stuff going on, and she's managing four children and a career and a husband," Randy says. "So, we stay in touch how we can, what works for us.




    Ha also said somewhere that it was a really old will & hadn't been updated. Aaron probably thought it was a lot of money when he wrote it.

  15. #60
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    55,894

    Default

    It's pretty normal for people to leave everything to their spouse, especially if they were still married and there are no children from previous relationships. The assumption is children inherit once both parents have passed.
    The brother is probably less of a fame whore and decided to take the money he did get and live far away from his mother and sister and just get on with his life.
    Last edited by sputnik; January 24th, 2016 at 09:51 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 158
    Last Post: December 9th, 2018, 09:11 AM
  2. Tori Spelling & Dean McDermott are on the move
    By Honey in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 8th, 2008, 03:06 PM
  3. Dean McDermott's Ex on Losing Him to Tori Spelling
    By sharon_b in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 28th, 2007, 01:03 PM
  4. Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott: Inn love
    By teforde23 in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: April 6th, 2007, 06:38 PM
  5. Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott welcome a boy
    By CRAZY 'N' NUTS in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: March 21st, 2007, 05:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •