Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: Dean McDermott Wants Tori Spelling to File for Bankruptcy

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I'm no Tori fan but Candy is a real piece of work. They raised Tori to think she could have anything she wanted and if Aaron was still alive, she'd be getting it. I realize Tori needs to learn to cope with the situation but her mother seems to be enjoying fucking with her daughter more than anything.
    I agree. Poor finance keeping aside for a moment, I have to say I also still find Randy and Tori's meager inheritances highly strange. Even Randy, has said that he doesn't know what happened and Aaron Spelling doesn't strike me as the type to have left them so little.

I do think Tori needs to grow up and handle her finances much better but something about Candy rubs me the wrong way too. I think it's the fact that for someone who has so much money through no hard work of her own, it's strange she's so unwilling to be more forthwith with her children. And I do think there is dysfunction in her and Candy's relationship. Something's just off.
    dexter7, Mivvi21 and gas_chick like this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I know, how dare that bitch expect a grown woman (and her husband ) pay for her own credit card bills after buying too many designer bags and shoes? Tori has 4(5) mouths to support through her own decision making. She needs to grow the fuck up, take responsibility for her own shitty finances, and get it together. If you're going to be pissed at anyone over taxes/cc interest, be pissed at the person who is actually responsible. Candy has no obligation any more than you do for Tori's debts. How often do we get pissed off about celebrities bailing out their troubled children and celebrities not facing consequences for their actions? Well here's Tori's chance.
    Candy Spelling raised Tori to be exactly what she is. Greedy, stupid, pampered, and useless. Now all the chickens have come home to roost. Let Candy Spelling clean up the mess her own shitty ass parenting made. She's got the money. If you don't take care of your own child when you have the infinite means to do so, especially when you did such a shitty job of raising her, you are one worthless POS.
    Novice likes this.

And at some point in life, kids become adults and must take responsibility for their own lives as her brother has done. Having a bad parent is not an excuse to be an irresponsible adult.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Years ago Dominick Dunne wrote a piece on Candy, I think it's in Fatal Chams. I remember a few things:

Candy used to have the nanny walk ahead of her and Tori on the beach and plant rare beautiful seashells in the sand so Tori could find them while she and Candy strolled.

Candy had teamsters drive all night from No. CA on Christmas to have snow placed on the lawns so the Spelling kids could have a white Xmas.

Having said that, Tori is now a middle aged woman. Grow up and take responsibility, I dont care how much her parents had. It's ridiculous to think Candy should foot the bill.
    Mrs P, Novice, Callalily and 2 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    And at some point in life, kids become adults and must take responsibility for their own lives as her brother has done. Having a bad parent is not an excuse to be an irresponsible adult.

Exactly this.
    Speaking from personal experience.
    Growing up in an upper class neighborhood, yet within that nice-looking, expensive home, I was growing up in a toxic environment with an absent parent (sometimes parent[s]), had the financial rug pulled out from under me/our family in my teens (parents went bankrupt, on top of one parent going in and out of rehab and mental wards for months at a time - not covered by insurance - crashing cars [4 total], legal/court mumbo-jumbo, etc.). I held down 2 jobs since the day I got my drivers license, while going to high school and throughout college.

I made a career for myself, I made a life for myself... And I think I got off easy. That is, there are many people that aren't so fortunate to have received the opportunities I did, even with how hard I worked for them, yet still "make it out of the cycle"- as I say.

I think there are a lot of people in this world, and on this board that have had their fair share of setbacks throughout their lives, having to deal with sh*tty people/family/situations in their lives - and they're still here, waking up with their heads on straight. Not blaming others for their circumstances or negating responsibility for their actions.

Sh*t Happens. Life can and does turn on a dime - whether you're prepared for it or not.
    Tori and Dean both need to swallow their pride and do what needs to be done to provide for those sweet children first and foremost. Not trying to keep up with a facade/certain lifestyle they can't afford for the sake of how they "look" to others/the media.
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; January 22nd, 2016 at 09:50 PM.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Anderson Cooper isn't going to get any money from his mom either after she dies and somehow I feel that he's going to be just fine. He also has a job.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    Anderson Cooper isn't going to get any money from his mom either after she dies and somehow I feel that he's going to be just fine. He also has a job.
    Yes, but Anderson Cooper is a hot silver fox. The same can't be said about Tori or Randy.

Anderson Cooper got an education and a job.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by CarryOn View Post
    I agree. Poor finance keeping aside for a moment, I have to say I also still find Randy and Tori's meager inheritances highly strange. Even Randy, has said that he doesn't know what happened and Aaron Spelling doesn't strike me as the type to have left them so little.

I do think Tori needs to grow up and handle her finances much better but something about Candy rubs me the wrong way too. I think it's the fact that for someone who has so much money through no hard work of her own, it's strange she's so unwilling to be more forthwith with her children. And I do think there is dysfunction in her and Candy's relationship. Something's just off.
    Well, that totally devalues the support that a wife can give the husband building a business and supporting him through out his career.
    He also married her when they both had very little. He was older than her but obviously enjoyed the "support" that she gave him.

I didn't know that he was her 2nd husband though.

While promoting her new memoir, Candy at Last, Candy Spelling told The New York Times that her daughter 'would close a store and drop $50,000 to $60,000,' adding, 'I never did anything like that. She just went crazy.'

In fact, Candy, 68, says that's why Tori famously inherited just $800,000 of the estimated $600 million fortune left by her late father, TV producer Aaron Spelling, who died in 2006http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2672737/Tori-close-store-drop-50-000-60-000-Candy-Spelling-reveals-daughter-got-800-000-fathers-600-million-inheritance.html.

Candy’s book takes on a more heartbreaking tone when she describes the gradual decline of her husband, who suffered from Alzheimer’s. He grew paranoid, angry and irrational, calling her incessantly when she went for a lunch with friends. He would phone to ask when she was returning and grew increasingly belligerent with each call.
    Candy Spelling says she didn't meet daughter Tori's current husband, Dean McDermott, until the death of husband Aaron. Here, Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott on the red carpet.
    David Livingston/Getty Images
    Candy Spelling says she didn't meet daughter Tori's current husband, Dean McDermott, until the death of husband Aaron. Here, Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott on the red carpet.

The memoir covers her often-fractured relationship with daughter Tori and explains Candy’s side of the story. She claims Tori cut off communication soon after her first daughter’s marriage to Charlie Shanian. Candy and Aaron then discovered the pair were filming a VH1 series loosely based on Tori’s childhood, which infuriated her parents.

The first time Candy met Tori’s current husband, Dean McDermott, was at Aaron’s funeral, creating an awkward tension. It wasn’t until the birth of Tori’s first child, Liam, that they healed the rift. She admits they have “never discussed that painful period in our lives when we didn’t speak. We just tried carefully to move past it.”

Candy also sets the record straight on Tori’s supposed disinheritance from her father’s will. “What nobody knew was that both Tori and (brother) Randy had already received disbursements from a trust while Aaron was still alive,” she writes, adding that she has established college funds for her six grandchildren.

Randy has chosen to live in Portland, Ore., and doesn’t allow his two daughters to watch TV. Hopefully he monitors what they read, too
    Last edited by Novice; January 23rd, 2016 at 09:21 AM.

Candy "going for lunch with friends." Mmm, hmm.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Well, that totally devalues the support that a wife can give the husband building a business and supporting him through out his career.
    He also married her when they both had very little. He was older than her but obviously enjoyed the "support" that she gave him.

I didn't know that he was her 2nd husband though.
    Yeah, I'm sure there was no "hard work" on Candy's part during close to 40 years of marriage. How dare she inherit all his money. *rolleyes*

Actually, I don't think he was all that wealthy or successful when she first met him, he didn't come from money and had a failed acting career before getting into writing and producing. I read that his former wife (actress Carolyn Jones who later played Morticia on tv's Addams Family) was the one who encouraged him to give up acting and go into writing instead. Per imdb, Candy had a brief first marriage when she was 18, looks like they divorced within a year.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

This thread makes me think of a documentary called "The Good Life" about a 50+ yo woman and her 80+ yo mother (both Danish) living in Portugal. They had been extremely wealthy but lost everything, when the Portugese government nationalised the banks in the 70s. The daughter had little education or job training, and they had to live on the mother's modest pension.

While I feel bad for them for losing everything, the daughter did not handle it well. She was in her early 20s, when they lost their money, but in stead of accepting things and getting an education, a job, or even a husband, she spent the next 40 years (and the entire documentary) yelling at her poor old mother for not preparing her for life without money. Their dysfunctional relationship was heartbreaking. If Candy has lost/spent the money, I can totally see her and Tori living like this years from now. Possibly with four adult kids in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I read that his former wife (actress Carolyn Jones who later played Morticia on tv's Addams Family) was the one who encouraged him to give up acting and go into writing instead.
    This has nothing to do with anything but, Carolyn is one of my "Old Hollywood" favorites... *fangirl sigh*

Anyway, back to the topic...
    Kittylady likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

I can't say I have much sympathy for Tori, but Candy saying calling her extravagant from her 123 room mansion is rich. At least Tori HAS made a living for herself at some point in her life.
    CarryOn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I can't say I have much sympathy for Tori, but Candy saying calling her extravagant from her 123 room mansion is rich. At least Tori HAS made a living for herself at some point in her life.
    the Spelling mansion was sold to a British heiress fir $85 million.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information