Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: David and Victoria Beckham expecting 4th child

Bronze Member

Harper is 100x's better than "Apple"

But not as cool as Moxie CrimeFighter.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think it's kinda dumb when parents do that. the other kids can name babies when they grow up and have them.
    i know a couple who did that because they didn't want the other kid to feel left out. and now their second kid has a stupid name.
    Hmm. You would hate our family! Most of the second borns were named by the first borns. I don't think anyone would ever guess.
    The suggestions were sometimes re-interpeted, like when my eldest cousin wanted to name his baby sister "Hi-O, Silver" after the horse in Lone Ranger. He was persuaded that Sylvia was the right name for a girl horse. I named my sister (with slight adjustments) after a major holiday.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think it's kinda dumb when parents do that. the other kids can name babies when they grow up and have them.
    i know a couple who did that because they didn't want the other kid to feel left out. and now their second kid has a stupid name.
    My stepsons were 12 & 15 when my daughter was born. We let them help name her. They made some stupid suggestions and we explained why they would not be appropriate and taught them to look for possible bad nicknames that would come from names they suggested. It stuck with them and when the oldest became a father he chose his daughter's name by thinking it through very carefully. She still ended up with a variation of a strippers name according to some here on GR.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    If my mother had decided to let my brother name me after his favourite tv character at the time there's a good chance I could have been called Captain Caveman.

Harper isn't bad though. Its something you can live with and beats the shit out of some other celebuspawn names.
    Captain Caveman would have been the coolest name ever! Love that cartoon!!!!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Hmm. You would hate our family! Most of the second borns were named by the first borns. I don't think anyone would ever guess.
    The suggestions were sometimes re-interpeted, like when my eldest cousin wanted to name his baby sister "Hi-O, Silver" after the horse in Lone Ranger. He was persuaded that Sylvia was the right name for a girl horse. I named my sister (with slight adjustments) after a major holiday.
    lol 'sylvia' is fine. i just think it's dumb when the parents name their kid what their firstborn suggested, no filter at all. the family i know ended up with a kid named after a very famous footballer with a very distinctive name that is beyond ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    My stepsons were 12 & 15 when my daughter was born. We let them help name her. They made some stupid suggestions and we explained why they would not be appropriate and taught them to look for possible bad nicknames that would come from names they suggested. It stuck with them and when the oldest became a father he chose his daughter's name by thinking it through very carefully. She still ended up with a variation of a strippers name according to some here on GR.
    again, you didn't just take what the kid said and stick that name on the baby. that's fine. although personally i wouldn't do it. it's hard enough choosing a baby name between two people, why add even more to the decision-making process?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Valentina? Valentine? Julia/Julie? Christina? Patrika? Hallie? Can't think of one for Thanksgiving or Easter though.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

pascale? (easter)
    grace? (thanksgiving)
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Esther (for Easter)
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Noelle.

Elite Member

Celebrities usually give their kids really crazy names. Bronx, Knox, Harper Seven, Apple, Shiloh, Kal-el and Presley Walker are no better.

I agree, Stella is used much too often. Most Stellas I know are older hispanic ladies who are actually Estela and just go by Stella. Ava, Stella, Lola, Ella, Isabella (or Isabel) got super popular but especially in Hollywood. Same for Max and Sam.

awwwww,David and his girl!!!
    Posh looks good too.
    That baby is gonna be sooo loved.

beautiful baby - good for the beckhams!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Cute pics. Don't like the name but still like them.

Thread Information