Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree335Likes

Thread: David Foster and Katharine McPhee are engaged

ren is fine but rennie is stupid, plus i grew up seeing ads for an antacid called rennie in switzerland so that's just where my mind goes when i see that.
    tulip and Kittylady like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Katharine McPhee and David Foster reveal their son’s name

Katharine McPhee and David Foster gave their son a “strong” name that has a long history in the Foster family.

McPhee revealed that the couple’s son — who was born last month — is named Rennie David Foster after the music producer’s great-grandfather and great-uncle.

“We had a couple names, but my husband was on a text chain with his sisters and one of his sisters suggested an old family name,” she said during an interview for “Today With Hoda & Jenna,” which airs Friday.

She added that the couple didn’t have a name picked out before their son’s arrival.

“My husband said, ‘Hi, Ren Foster’ and so we said, ‘That’s a good name. It’s a strong name.’”

McPhee, 36, gave birth late last month and told Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager that being a new mom is “the sweetest. It’s just the best. I mean, I’m in heaven. It’s really been amazing.”

Meanwhile, this isn’t her husband’s first rodeo.

Foster, 71, has five grown daughters from his previous relationships, Allison, 50, Amy, 47, Sara, 40, Erin, 38, and Jordan, 34.

Rennie is his first son.

The “American Idol” alum and Foster were first linked in 2017 and made their red carpet debut at the 2018 Met Gala.

Foster proposed to the “Waitress” star the same year while vacationing in Italy. They tied the knot in June 2019 and she revealed that she was pregnant in October 2020.

McPhee was previously married to Nick Cokas and Foster performed at their wedding.

Foster was previously married four times. His ex-wives include B.J. Cook, Rebecca Dyer, Linda Thompson and Yolanda Hadid.

https://pagesix.com/2021/03/17/katha...eir-sons-name/
    well done gold digger, you gave birth to the golden boy child of the family!

fgg

yeah, i don't like it either.
    tulip likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I wouldn't consider Ren a "strong" name and certainly not Rennie.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

So if it was a girl it would have been Stimpy?
    Be excellent to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    well done gold digger, you gave birth to the golden boy child of the family!
    I *hate* that the dad is 70+ & his oldest sister is 50.... why is nature so unfair???
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Well, she'll never have the career she wanted, but she has the money.
    tulip likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I *hate* that the dad is 70+ & his oldest sister is 50.... why is nature so unfair???
    It certainly the fuck is unfair. No rhyme or reason as to why anything happens, it's like nature just throws out 1 million pieces of confetti on 50 million people and your lucky if a piece lands on your head. Or maybe we all get a piece, we just don't get to decide what color or size it is. So if you get a pea sized, and pea soup colored piece, you better find a way to spin your mind into thinking pea soup is the greatest color in the world or you're going to be miserable.

That's a pretty lame way of trying to say we have very little control over a lot of aspects of our lives. If we aren't mentally strong enough to handle the blatantly unfair luck we get handed, then we're screwed. Our sadness and misery will destroy us.

I try to remind myself that everyone silently suffers a little bit, but it's kind of hard for me to identify with a 70 year old rich man who has spent his life fucking around with whatever he wants, been blessed with money, success, healthy children and was probably a dick the whole time. Now he gets to ride off into the sunset with an attractive young wife who idolizes him (or pretends to) enough to give her son a stupid name, and a healthy baby boy. I guess he might be sad that he's not going to live long enough to see Ren reach 30, but he probably doesn't even give a fuck, or realize how lucky he is to procreate at that advanced age. I feel like being bitchy and saying they probably hand picked that sex out of a petri dish. (My dad was upset he had 4 girls, and no boys, that obviously has made an impression on me).
    Novice, tulip, weathered1 and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ren is fine but rennie is stupid, plus i grew up seeing ads for an antacid called rennie in switzerland so that's just where my mind goes when i see that.
    Totally what I was thinking of, of course. Had no idea it was a Swiss thing though.
    sputnik and Kittylady like this.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    It certainly the fuck is unfair. No rhyme or reason as to why anything happens, it's like nature just throws out 1 million pieces of confetti on 50 million people and your lucky if a piece lands on your head. Or maybe we all get a piece, we just don't get to decide what color or size it is. So if you get a pea sized, and pea soup colored piece, you better find a way to spin your mind into thinking pea soup is the greatest color in the world or you're going to be miserable.

That's a pretty lame way of trying to say we have very little control over a lot of aspects of our lives. If we aren't mentally strong enough to handle the blatantly unfair luck we get handed, then we're screwed. Our sadness and misery will destroy us.

I try to remind myself that everyone silently suffers a little bit, but it's kind of hard for me to identify with a 70 year old rich man who has spent his life fucking around with whatever he wants, been blessed with money, success, healthy children and was probably a dick the whole time. Now he gets to ride off into the sunset with an attractive young wife who idolizes him (or pretends to) enough to give her son a stupid name, and a healthy baby boy. I guess he might be sad that he's not going to live long enough to see Ren reach 30, but he probably doesn't even give a fuck, or realize how lucky he is to procreate at that advanced age. I feel like being bitchy and saying they probably hand picked that sex out of a petri dish. (My dad was upset he had 4 girls, and no boys, that obviously has made an impression on me).
    My father had 2 girls but we both kept our maiden names so he liked that.
    My father is a feminist though so we were always told we could (& would) do anything we wanted.
    lindsaywhit, tulip, BITTER and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    Totally what I was thinking of, of course. Had no idea it was a Swiss thing though.
    i've never seen it anywhere else, not even in Austria. maybe it's german?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

We have Rennies both the anti acid and the name - Rennie Mackintosh anyone?
    it’s a Scottish name.
    sputnik and Kittylady like this.

it's a goofy name, whatever the origin
    ren on its own is lovely.

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^First thing I thought of. Me & my siblings grew up on that cartoon, lol. Snick anyone?
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information