Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: David Cassidy Hospitalized for Multiple Organ Failure

David Cassidy Purposely Left His Daughter Katie Out of His Will

David Cassidy left his daughter Katie out of his will.

The Partridge Family actor, who died at the age of 67 in November, specifically stated in his will that “while he has two children — Beau and Katie — any references to his ‘child or children’ are only to Beau and NOT to Katie,” reports The Blast.

David had approximately $150,000 in assets, which goes solely to Beau, while his three half-siblings receive anything deemed “music memorabilia.”
    The documents state that Cassidy had approximately $150,000 in various assets, which all goes to Beau. His three half-siblings will get anything that is deemed to be “music memorabilia.”

“I wasn’t her father. I was her biological father but I didn’t raise her. She has a completely different life,” David, who had been battling dementia, said of his relationship with Katie earlier in the year.

Katie was raised by her mother, former model Sherry Williams.
    Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News | Just Jared

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

That's harsh. Maybe she will challenge the will although he didn't seem to have much money left.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Yes, very harsh. She said some sweet things about him after his death. And it's not her fault that he was an absentee father. That must sting.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Yuck. Not a great way to remember dear old dad.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I googled after he died, and couldn't really find much about Katie's mom or her relationship with David. I remember Katie did a cover of "I think I love you" and David made some comments that she was capitalizing on the Cassidy name to get famous although she wanted nothing to do with him. Which maybe was true, but she was only 15 at the time so I have to give her a pass on that, and wonder what her mom had to do with it.

I dunno....just think it's sad because David was the adult/parent and no matter what happened, the burden was on him and he should have acknowledged her, at least in death. He's gone, but she will continue to live with that rejection. It just seems to me he could've made more of an effort, but he didn't.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Maybe he got sick so suddenly that he never got the chance to change his will?

She was his daughter before his son even existed. What the hell did she do wrong?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Maybe he got sick so suddenly that he never got the chance to change his will?
    I don't think it was sudden at all. He's been featuring on GR for years.
    Kittylady likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    She was his daughter before his son even existed. What the hell did she do wrong?
    If he was anything like my father then she would be an inconvenient footnote in his history. I expect when mine kicks the bucket I'll be lucky to rate a mention at the funeral, never mind see a penny.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^ I got a mention in the obituary, such an honor.

I wonder if David paid child support?
    Kittylady likes this.

Maybe David left his daughter out of his will because she's a successful actress and he didn't have much to leave. I hope that's it instead of him disowning her.

That's a nice thought but I'm not buying it. He left memorabilia to his siblings...he could've left her a token something. Sorry, but to not even mention her in his will is a slap in the face.

I gotta admit I don't understand why she uses his name with their history but yeah I think it was a pretty asshole move in his will though I'm sure she didn't expect anything from him anyway.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Maybe her mom didn't WANT him in her life.....who knows.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I gotta admit I don't understand why she uses his name with their history but yeah I think it was a pretty asshole move in his will though I'm sure she didn't expect anything from him anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Maybe her mom didn't WANT him in her life.....who knows.
    Because he's her father? I do agree it seems David and the mom had some issues and I'm sure that affected the relationship, but if the mom didn't want him to be a part of her life, she could've given Katie her surname. The stepfather apparently raised her, but he apparently didn't adopt her.
    Bluebonnet and Kittylady like this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information