Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Bowie sings on Scarlett Johansson's album

^^ No, no. She does anal in the elevator, at least that's what Benicio says.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Scarlett is bringing out an album? Since when?

Silver Member

I found some more info for those interested. Personally I wonder what Lindsay thinks. Lohan gets Ne-Yo. ScarJo gets Bowie. Not only does ScarJo get better roles but better collaborators as well. Also if you go to the source link. There is a flash player that plays a song Scarlett sung on the Unexpected Dreams - Songs from the Stars CD. She doesn't actually sound bad too be honest. Though I'd wait to see how good she can do with Tom Waits

Source

David Bowie has contributed guest vocals to Scarlett Johansson's Tom Waits covers album, Anywhere I Lay My Head.

The album, which as previously reported is due May 20 via Atco Rhino, contains 10 covers by the gruff, booze-soaked singer and one original called, "Song for Jo" penned by Johansson and producer Dave Sitek of TV On The Radio.

What Waits songs is she covering and from what era? After all his career spans over 30 years. Evidently A mix of songs that tends to draw from Waits more recent albums. Bowie lends his vocals to the tracks "Fannin Street" (from the album Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards) and "Fallin' Down" (Big Time). Johansson apparently wanted to originally make a standards cover album but then became drawn to the idea of all Waits-c0vers. "His melodies are so beautiful and his voice is so distinct," she told reporters at a press conference.

As previously reported, Anywhere was produced by TVOTR's Dave Sitek and features members of the band Celebration and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zinner throughout. Sitek told reporters that he was going for a "cough medicine/Tinker Bell" vibe. According to a source close to the Playlist, the album sounds as if it were "produced like a Cocteau Twins record [with] big synth washes, crazy swampy blurs of sound," and hushed vocals by Scarjo. Rolling Stone said, "the ambient music Sitek created features a church organ, a brass section, drum machines, a musical box," and he compared Johanssonís deep voice to Debbie Harry.

Sounds like Sitek has really made his mark on this thing and we should be expecting something very Pitchfork-friendly.

Anywhere I Lay My Head tracklist
    "Fawn" (from Alice)
    "Town With No Cheer" (from Swordfish Trombone)
    "Falling Down" (from Big Time)
    "Anywhere I Lay My Head" (from Rain Dogs)
    "Fannin' Street" (from Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards)
    "Song for Jo"
    "Green Grass" (from Real Gone)
    "I Wish I Was in New Orleans" (Small Change)
    "I Don't Want To Grow Up" (from Bone Machine)
    "No One Knows I'm Gone" (Alice)
    "Who Are You?" (from Bone Machine)

agree scarjo at least has better taste in music and collaborators than the rest of the singer-starlets. but i'm reserving judgement until i listen to the end product.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Arcade Fire is overdone and hackneyed. Downgrade.

blasphemy!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    ^^ No, no. She does anal in the elevator, at least that's what Benicio says.
    Oh God, I don't know the details of that story. All I know is that Scarlett denied it. What was the story?

like anyone in their right mind would turn down a chance to make out with benicio del toro in an elevator.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^ Right

I won't say a word until I heard it.

Except for: David, what the fuck is wrong with you?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I have never been more disappointed in David Bowie

I just don't know what to say

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information