Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree498Likes

Thread: David Bowie has died

I'm really just miserable about this. He was just everything, he meant so much to so many. Damn, ChangesOneBowie got me through some teenage angst.
    effie2 likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

He never did anything for me and still doesn't. Although he had a pleasant sounding voice I'm not a fan of most of his work. Also never understood the physical attraction to him. But I'm sad for his loved ones, his wife and teenaged daughter especially, and his fans. He did a great job of keeping his illness a private affair, and that alone should be admired in this day and age where some people seek attention on social media for everything about themselves they feel is of importance to share, farts included.
    Mivvi21 and I'mNotBitter like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i can't believe it either. but in true bowie fashion he made his death into art, and released his (phenomenal) last album right at the end of it.
    In true fashion indeed, that's why I can't stop smiling.
    That s.o.b did it!! He battled cancer with barely anyone knowing then releases a record right before he passes. *mouth drops. IN TRUE BOWIE FASHION!!
    He was able to do his craft, and be with family to the end. In true bowie fashion. Amazing!
    I can't stop smiling. I'm sad yes, disheartened by the fact he may have suffered any pain but I am in awe.

To the moonbeams Ziggy!! Whoohooo, you did it !!!! *applauses*

My deepest and heartfelt sympathies to his family, friends and all that loved him, his fans.
    sputnik, Mrs P, KrisNine and 2 others like this.

Rest In Peace Mr. Bowie...

His work, his impact, his legacy are too great to put into words.
    I found this beautiful illustration that I thought was fitting to share...

Image/Caption Credit: Pawel Nolbert via behance.net (https://www.behance.net/hellocolor)

Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

What a shitty 2016 this is so far. R.I.P David, listened to you all the way home from work.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I'm stunned as well, how he kept this a secret for so long is unbelievable. I saw him in concert and stood through the entire thing dancing away with my brother. So versatile and I agree he was born way before his time and died much too soon. Loved loved his music.
    stella blue likes this.

One of my favorite David Bowie songs is probably a little more obscure. It was the theme song from the remake of "Cat People" (Nastassja Kinski, Malcom McDowell), a really lurid, sensual film that I love. "Putting out the Fire" starts really slow and hypnotically, and then quickly builds to a crescendo. Tarantino also used it in the finale of "Inglourious Basterds".

No words for this, really. Just such a huge bummer.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Such a shitty start to 2016, this hurts. I am happy for him that he kept his illness to himself so he could go in PEACE. I just realized today his birth name was David Jones. I knew immediately why he changed his last name....Davy Jones was the name of the lead singer of the Monkees. Last comment on this, I share the same name he gave his son and I was always thought it was cool he spelled to to match his Dad's last name - Bowie. Friends used to call me Zowie Bowie as a nickname growing up. I think his son no longer goes by Zowie since I think he is in the entertainment business.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

This really hurts. He made me feel that it was ok not to be normal. To be who you are. To love who you are. This man, so elegant and so untouchable, but yet, we all felt like we were his friend. Back to the stars you go. Thank you for coming to visit us even though it wasn't long enough.
    Belt Up, gas_chick, panic and 9 others like this.

What a loss. He was so beautiful in so many ways and his body of work will rock forever. So many good songs, love me some panic in detroit.

"The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

FROM THE MAGAZINE

JULY 31, 1998 8:00 PMDavid Bowie Answers the Proust Questionnaire

Illustration by Risko.
    In our August 1998 issue, the rocker reflected on happiness, misery, and regret.
    BY

From the glammed-out androgyny of Ziggy Stardust to his big 80s anthem, “Let’s Dance,” to his current “jungle-influenced” sound, David Bowie has proved to be rock’s indestructible chameleon. This month, the Thin White Duke prepares to release a new album and demonstrates here that, even though he is 51, his taste for oddities remains the same.
    What is your idea of perfect happiness?Reading.
    What is your most marked characteristic? Getting a word in edgewise.
    What do you consider your greatest achievement? Discovering morning.
    What is your greatest fear? Converting kilometers to miles.
    Which historical figure do you most identify with? Santa ClausWhich historical figure do you most identify with? Santa Claus.

Which living person do you most admire? Elvis.
    Who are your heroes in real life? The consumer.
    What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? While in New York, tolerance. Outside of New York, intolerance.
    What is the trait you most deplore in others? Talent.
    What is your favorite journey? The road of artistic excess.
    What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Sympathy and originality.
    Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Chthonic, miasma.
    What is your greatest regret? That I never wore bell-bottoms.
    What is your current state of mind? Pregnant.
    If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? My fear of them (wife and son excluded).
    What is your most treasured possession? A photograph held together by cellophane tape of Little Richard that I bought in 1958, and a pressed and dried chrysanthemum picked on my honeymoon in Kyoto.
    What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Living in fear.
    Where would you like to live? Northeast Bali or south Java.
    What is your favorite occupation? Squishing paint about a senseless canvas.
    What is the quality you most like in a man? The ability to return books.
    What is the quality you most like in a woman? The ability to burp on command.
    What are your favorite names? Sears & Roebuck.
    What is your motto? “What” is my motto.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/01/david-bowie-proust-questionnaire?mbid=nl_011116_Daily&CNDID=12129265& spMailingID=8420760&spUserID=MTA5MzMxMjQyNjkzS0&sp JobID=841230850&spReportId=ODQxMjMwODUwS0

Elite Member

Blue Jean came out when i was in my teens, and i LOVED the line "she's got a turned up nose".. because i had a turned up nose and was teased like mad about it..

So the fact David made it sound so sweet, gave me a life long soft spot for him.. He seems like such a sweet, laid back cool dude.

Wilson and Mrs P like this.

Elite Member

And here is another fabulous song and video of David's 'Lets Dance'.

i miss him already .. and wish his family and loved ones all the very best especially during this difficult time.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information