Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: David Beckham set to stop funding wife Victoria's troubled fashion business

I'm curious about this stuff about pumping cash in "to make her books look healthy". Making your books look healthy implies that he is doing something that would make her have better financial statement. I don't know much about her company, but if she has to produce audited financial statements, David Beckham would have limited ability to make her books look healthy and doing something funky could expose him to legal problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm curious about this stuff about pumping cash in "to make her books look healthy". Making your books look healthy implies that he is doing something that would make her have better financial statement. I don't know much about her company, but if she has to produce audited financial statements, David Beckham would have limited ability to make her books look healthy and doing something funky could expose him to legal problems.
    Hmmm, I was just thinking it was due to the infusion of cash to put the books in the black rather than the huge loss, but you might be onto something.
    DawnM74 and MohandasKGanja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    The problem with her clothes is that she's the only one who looks OK in them
    True!
    And also, the designs are not all awful (that garbage bag / skirt is), but they don't really stand out or say anything special.
    louiswinthorpe111 and DawnM74 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    There was a blind that she asked to be let back in at the last minute. She can't sing and she'd have to learn the 'dance' routines. Supposedly their tour sold out this time so maybe they don't need her.

I am sure they would still take her with on tour...

Gold Member

This article is ridiculous. I know people in real life who "inject" millions of dollars a year into their companies, and they are small beans suburban people who happen to be rich. I doubt they're cooking their books. This is "Posh and Becks" who are absurdly wealthy and have been for decades. Besides, "he" is funding "her" company? They've been married for ages, he cheats on her all the bloody time, and she's got plenty of her own money if they're the type of couple to keep track of mine vs. yours. Please. I think marital difficulties are ever present in this relationship, but this seems like a silly place to dig up drama.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    What will she do now? How's her Target line doing?
    I think the line was a one off, like Lilly Pulitzer. It sold well so Iím surprised it didnít continue.
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    Hmmm, I was just thinking it was due to the infusion of cash to put the books in the black rather than the huge loss, but you might be onto something.
    I would assume it's the constant purchase of stocks as owner's equity to provide more investment. Or taking loans from Becks' company/ies. The only legit way of using more money from another family business to balance the books in an underperforming family business.

it also happens when there is money laundering involved.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

They have partners in the fashion line too. A private equity group owns about a third now, and Simon Fullers company has a stake as well
    Waterslide likes this.

She is about the only one that can pull off her clothes.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Silver Member

Speaking of Becks, one of the gossip rags by the grocery checkout today had a screaming headline about Angelina Jolie stealing him away from Victoria. Now that would be interesting, Beckalina, Beckagina?

Now that would be funny. Almost a football team.
    palta and lindsaywhit like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartermrc View Post
    Speaking of Becks, one of the gossip rags by the grocery checkout today had a screaming headline about Angelina Jolie stealing him away from Victoria. Now that would be interesting, Beckalina, Beckagina?
    That's hysterical. I love Beckagina. And yes I'm 12 and yes I'm pronouncing it to rhyme with vagina.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    Barbora Strycova, tennis player. Not bad, but the dress is a bit overwhelming.
    I don't see what is "overwhelming" about that dress, its a classic design *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    I thought she was going on tour with them because she didnt think there would be an interest without her but surprisingly the tour got sold out. I use to like him but he is just as self centered and whiny as she is. So it's better they stay togethert
    Except with a higher pitched voice....... a bit like a dog whistle.
    Kittylady likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information