Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: David Beckham Responds to Critics Who Thinks His Daughter, 4, Shouldn't Use Pacifier

My son had to give his dummy up around 4,when the elastic part became rotten and fell off.He was moaning for days for his *rotten*one and he wouldnt have any of the new ones i bought him,yes i did.Middle one,the most normal,gave it up when she started doing the ballet,around 4 too.The little one was a thump sucker.Gave it up early teens,cost us a shit load of money and years of therapy.She has perfect teeth and the most beautiful smile now.
    David should not feel the need to defend their parenting,his kids look fine to me..they are doing a good job and harper is a dollie!

Elite Member

I was given a pacifier in the hospital at birth because I couldn't suckle. At a mere 4 pounds there was a real concern and the pacifier was to teach me. Many kids are given them as soothers. Both my nephews had one for the first few months, but only the one used in the hospital. Eventually, they learned to self soothe and my sister tossed the binks.

I'll never forget the night I babysat my then 3 year old godson. He woke up crying looking for his binkie. I couldn't find it- it was the last one and when it was gone that was it no more were being bought. The poor little guy cried his heart out for a couple of hours. I finally loaded him and his sleeping older brother into the car at 3am and bought a new one. I just wanted the kid to STFU.
    effie2, *DIVA!, cherrypye and 1 others like this.

My daughter was definitely between 4-5 when she finally gave it up, but it stopped going out of the house at around 4. She was pretty gross and was such a drooler. But what used to crack me up was that she would spin it constantly on one side or put it off to the side when she was speaking. Such an odd little nut, damn, why do they have to grow up?
    effie2, lindsaywhit, sluce and 4 others like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Lol,MontanaMama,that was the funniest..they stuck the damned thing in one side of their mouth,talk with the other and drool ,not to mention when they whined or cried..throwing snoot into the lot..lol..good times.

Elite Member

Who cares.....it doesn't bother anyone. I would rather the focus be on all the young kids I see not restrained properly in car seats. That's a life or death issue, a binky is not.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Meh, they get such positive press that I think this is one thing they can be called out for. Take it away!
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

My sister and I both sucked our thumbs until we were over 10, and we both have very straight teeth, never needed braces.

I will add that it looks gormless. I get that they don't want the kid to whinge and cry on the FROW or on the pap walk unless she is being carried. And without a doubt, she is being raised MUCH better than poor Ignori, a lone with her personal trainer.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Jebus. What happened to the snarky bunch of haters I know and love? You people need to step up your game!
    BeantownBitch, rollo, A*O and 2 others like this.

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

I know right?? What the fuck is wrong with you people?? THAT kid needs a beating!

I'm sure David tries his best to exert his authority on the pacifier issue, but whenever he tries to sound stern with that little girl voice of his, it just makes Harper giggle.

Is that better?

Not hateful enough, I know. My heart just isn't in it.
    Last edited by Ravenna; August 13th, 2015 at 03:48 PM.
    lindsaywhit, Linne, effie2 and 3 others like this.

My avi's got something to say to you aabbcc....
    lindsaywhit, gas_chick and effie2 like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

They're just so adorable together. An explosion of cuteness.
    Makisa and BeantownBitch like this.

Elite Member

OK, I'll be honest…I hate seeing kids with pacifiers (never heard them called a dummy before!) at preschool age. Once they begin to talk I think they need to be tossed. My great niece still uses a pacifier at 3 and it drives me nuts when she talks with it in her mouth. But, I also believe there are bigger fish to fry, and I know I'm not a perfect parent, so whatever.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    My sister and I both sucked our thumbs until we were over 10, and we both have very straight teeth, never needed braces.
    And I never sucked my thumb, only had a pacifier for a very short time and I had the most crooked teeth in the whole family and needed braces for years
    llamamama likes this.
    -

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information