Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Daryl Hall Lyme Disease Survivor

That chart is very misleading. many people who have Lyme are misdiagnosed with other diseases. CDC has been very laid back in recognizing this disease. In the Lyme disease world the CDC is a huge joke.

This really concerns me because I feed build shelters for a group of homeless cats in the woods behind my place.I have bad knees but that could be from many things. I've found ticks on the cats before too. Next Dr. visit I think I'll talk to him about it.
    Love Hall and Oates. I've seen them several times. I LOVED G.E Smith when he was with them. For some odd reason, I found him very sexy.

ETA: Yeah, my 2,000 post!
    Last edited by Fly_On_TheWall; August 18th, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    That chart is very misleading. many people who have Lyme are misdiagnosed with other diseases. CDC has been very laid back in recognizing this disease. In the Lyme disease world the CDC is a huge joke.
    Is it the CDC's fault that people are misdiagnosed and they report the data they receive? (genuine, non-sarcastic question).

If people with lyme don't even recognize their own symptoms as lyme, and the medical community often misdiagnosed the disease (especially in it's late stage-from what I've recently read about the disease), how can the CDC (or any reporting/health bureau for that matter) be "laid-back" in recognizing the disease? (again, a genuine, non-sarcastic question).

Germany is where ticks come to party, it's a high risk area. I fucking hate ticks, they are my arch enemies. Is it wrong to wish extinction on an entire species?

I know some people who have Lymes, the bad cases are the ones that went unnoticed for a long time. There is a blood test you can take right away, if you discover a tick bite. Have I mentioned that I HATE ticks?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Elite Member

I found a tick on my pillow Saturday morning. I'm really anal about checking myself and the dogs after a walk. Don't know how this one not only slipped past me but got in my bed.

Was it small or was it big and full? If it was big, it probably fed on you. Ugh. You can do the blood test at your GP's office, I bet.

Blood sucking is only sexy when it's done by a 6'4" Swedish vampire.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Gah...don't get me started. I know more about ticks and lyme than I ever wanted to know. 20 years ago, I barely knew what a tick looked like but it has become a big issue in this area. Sadly, many of the morons around here think that if they reduce the deer population, it will have an impact. While it's true that if deer were nearly exterminated, it would, but that will never happen in the U.S. Midwest world of gung-ho hunting, where deer make too much money for the States and retailers to ever disappear. And a mere reduction of deer in an area only means the ticks will find other mammals to feed on, like dogs and humans.

The truth is, ticks are infected with lyme in their tiny nymph stage by feeding on mice. While they're creepy and disgusting in any stage, that's when they are the most dangerous. The good news is, they usually have to be attached for about 48 hours before the lyme risk is high. And if caught right away, lyme can be zapped with a round of antibiotics. You may have flu-like symptoms or a tell-tale "bullseye" rash around the bite. If you are able to save the tick after removal, it can be analyzed for the lyme bacteria.

A few summers ago, I couldn't even go outside to work in the yard without having ticks crawling all over me. We started spraying our yard with insect killer, and of course spend a fortune on Frontline for our animals during tick season. Still find several in the house (I think they drop off the Frontlined animals and crawl to us) but it's not as bad as it was.

From what I've been reading, the top scientists are now moving away from targeting the tick hosts (deer and other large wildlife) to working on chemical solutions to eradicate the buggers. The sooner the better, because if lyme isn't caught early, it can really screw you up for life. The later symptoms are so varied that it's really hard to diagnose and treat.

Sorry for the tick-festo....
    Chilly Willy likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information