Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Danny Masterson Accused of Sexual Assault and Scientology of Cover-up

11/02/2017 12:43 pm ET Updated 7 hours ago
    Despite ‘Overwhelming’ Evidence Against Actor Danny Masterson, Rape Case Has Stalled

Four women have accused the “That ‘70s Show” star of raping them in the early 2000s. At least three of them were fellow Scientologists.

By Yashar Ali

ANNA WEBBER/GETTY IMAGES FOR NETFLIX
    Danny Masterson speaks to the press during a launch event for Netflix’s “The Ranch: Part 3” on June 7 in Nashville. Four women have accused Masterson of rape

A monthslong investigation into multiple allegations of rape against actor Danny Masterson has inexplicably stalled, despite the Los Angeles County district attorney having compelling evidence in the case, multiple sources told HuffPost. Four women have accused Masterson of raping them in the early 2000s.

Masterson is a longtime member of the Church of Scientology, an organization that has a history of covering up allegations of misconduct leveled against the organization and its members. At least three of the women who have accused him of rape were also Scientologists and reported the incidents to the Church of Scientology at the time.

Masterson, star of the sitcom “That ’70s Show,” has denied that he engaged in any sexual misconduct. In May, journalist Tony Ortega revealed that Masterson hired power lawyerThomas Mesereau to serve as his criminal defense attorney. Bill Cosby also hired Mesereau for a retrial of sexual assault charges in Pennsylvania.

Masterson is also represented by Hollywood litigator Marty Singer, who is also representing film director Brett Ratner in responding to allegations of sexual misconduct that were originally detailed in a Los Angeles Times report.

A spokesperson for Mesereau and a spokeswoman for the district attorney’s office both declined to comment.

One of Masterson’s accusers filed a police report in 2004 saying that she was raped in 2003, but the case didn’t move forward after the Church of Scientology intervened and submitted over 50 affidavits from Scientologists who denied the woman’s account. According to a report filed with the Los Angeles Police Department, the woman said Masterson raped her while she was “passed out,” and when she awoke and realized he was raping her, she struggled with him until he choked her and she passed out again.

In Scientology, reporting another Scientologist to law enforcement is considered a “suppressive act” and can lead to immediate expulsion from the organization. The church is known for attacking accusers rather than rebutting the accusations and for efficiently organizing its members to take action against accusers. According to two sources with knowledge of the case, the woman’s case file from 2004 vanished, leaving Deputy District Attorney Reinhold Mueller to reconstruct it.

HuffPost spoke to five sources for this story inside and outside the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. All of the sources spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak to a reporter about an ongoing law enforcement investigation.

The LAPD in late 2016 began to interview the women accusing Masterson of rape. Ortega first reported on the LAPD investigation in March 2017.

In April 2017, police referred the case to the district attorney. Since then, the district attorney’s office has examined the evidence turned over by LAPD and conducted its own investigation. Despite compelling ― what one law enforcement source described as “overwhelming” — evidence, the charges have not been approved for filing. The evidence includes audiotapes, emails sent to and from Scientology officers at the time the alleged rapes happened, forensic computer evidence and a threatening handwritten letter Masterson sent to one of the alleged victims, according to two people with knowledge of the evidence in the district attorney’s possession.

Mueller is a highly respected prosecutor in the district attorney’s office who is known for his thoroughness and objectivity, which is why two sources in the office are confused that the case, in one source’s words, has been “slow rolled.”

340853382 Victim B Police Report Redacted by Tommy Craggs on Scribd

Masterson has had a long, successful career in television. He starred in the comedy “That ’70s Show” for eight seasons, from 1998 to 2006, and most recently starred in the Netflix series “The Ranch” with Ashton Kutcher, who was his co-star on “That ’70s Show.”

Subscribe to the Entertainment email.
    Home to your favorite fan theories and the best movie recs.

Netflix appears not to have taken action against Masterson, despite multiple reports in publications including the Los Angeles Times that revealed the LAPD was conducting an investigation into allegations of rape. Within days of BuzzFeed’s report that actor Anthony Rapp accused “House of Cards” star Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct, Netflix suspended filming on the drama’s sixth season.

Netflix announced that part four of “The Ranch” would premiere on its website in December. The company made the announcement on Oct. 17, seven months after news of the LAPD investigation was made public.

A spokesperson for Netflix did not immediately return a request for comment.

This article has been updated to note the LA district attorney’s office declined to comment.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I so wish for the downfall of $cio. Even with Remini's show outing this cult, Scumbags like he and travolta still get away with sexual misconduct.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I'm glad they're reporting on this again. This asshole needs to go down with the rest of them.

But I still have a soft spot for Travolta. I know I shouldn't but I do.
    Bluebonnet, holly and Nevan like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Another blow to Harvey - he's way less scary than David Misgavige.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Even if they can't get the cases back on track (and I really hope they do) there still needs to be a fine tooth comb investigation about the files and evidence going missing. Heads should toll for this.
    sparkles likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I hope more of DM's victims come forward. I am sure they are out there.

So Netflix officially fired Danny masterson today. That was long overdue.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Wasn't aware he was in anything. I found nothing attractive about him and thought he was creepy. So far, almost all these guys have been on my creepy Ahole list.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Netflix Exec Tells Woman The Company Doesn’t Believe Actor’s Rape Accusers. Then She Said She Was One.

One of actor Danny Masterson’s alleged sexual assault victims says a Netflix executive told her this weekend that higher-ups at the company don’t believe the four women who have accused Masterson of rape.

Netflix confirmed in a statement thatAndy Yeatman, its director of global kids content, made those “careless” and “uninformed” comments, but noted that he was not initially aware that the woman he was speaking to had accused Masterson of rape.

Masterson stars in the Netflix program “The Ranch,” alongside his former “That ’70s Show” co-star Ashton Kutcher (“That ’70s Show” is also streaming on Netflix). Although four women have accused Masterson of raping them and the Los Angeles County District Attorney and Los Angeles Police Department are investigating the allegations, Netflix has not taken any action against the actor, not even a suspension pending investigation.

The lack of action on Netflix’s part ― even though the company moved quickly to suspend and then fire Kevin Spacey after BuzzFeed published a report detailing an allegation of sexual misconduct against the actor ― has led to outrage on Twitter, an online petition that had gained over 36,000 signatures by Monday morning, and a Daily Beast story titled “Netflix’s Disturbing Sexual-Assault Hypocrisy.”

Victim B told HuffPost she never expected Yeatman to say such a thing and was left stunned. She said she then told him, “I’m one of them.”
    Yeatman spoke with the woman, whom HuffPost is referring to as Victim B, on the sidelines of a kids’ soccer game in Los Angeles. Yeatman is the head coach of a soccer team for 8- and 9-year-old girls. Victim B’s husband is the head coach of the team that played against Yeatman’s on Sunday. Their respective daughters play on the teams that their fathers coach.

When Victim B approached Yeatman and asked him if he worked at Netflix, she says he answered in the affirmative.

Victim B said she asked Yeatman why Netflix was not taking action against Masterson in light of the district attorney’s investigation and the multiple accusations of rape. According to Victim B and another witness, Yeatman said Netflix takes sexual misconduct allegations seriously but that “we don’t believe them,” referring to Masterson’s four accusers.

Download

Victim B told HuffPost she never expected Yeatman to say such a thing and was left stunned. She said she then told him, “I’m one of them,” indicating she was one of Masterson’s accusers.

The conversation ended quickly.

Victim B said Yeatman approached her at the game about an hour later, ostensibly to clear the air, and told her that he’d had no idea she was one of Masterson’s alleged victims.

Victim B told HuffPost that she began to cry and told Yeatman, “I hope no one ever says that to your daughter.”

Yeatman then told her that he can’t decide whether Netflix takes action against Masterson.

Victim B told Yeatman that she and the other women accusing Masterson of rape were telling the truth and that “Netflix is going to regret this, this is a mistake, they’re going to see.”

Victim B said, and the witness confirmed, that Yeatman said, in what they described as a condescending tone, “we’ll see.”

A Netflix spokesman denied that Yeatman said “we’ll see.”

But the company confirmed in a statement that Yeatman told Victim B that Netflix executives didn’t believe the four women accusing Masterson of rape.

“While he was coaching a youth soccer match today, Mr. Yeatman ― a Netflix kids’ programming executive ― was approached by a stranger who did not identify herself or explain her connection to Danny Masterson,” the statement read. “Mr. Yeatman’s comments were careless, uninformed and do not represent the views of the company. Further, he would have no insights into decision making on The Ranch. We are aware of the allegations against Danny Masterson and we are following the current investigation, and will respond if developments occur.”

Victim B said she initially approached Yeatman when she found out from her husband that he was a Netflix executive. Frustrated by the silence from Netflix on the Masterson issue, she said she hoped he could provide some direction. She said she didn’t intend to identify herself as an alleged victim until Yeatman said higher-ups at Netflix didn’t believe Masterson’s accusers. Victim B noted that she had seen Yeatman in the past at other soccer games and that her husband knew him from previous games.

Lilly Yeatman, the wife of Andy Yeatman, sent an email to the husband of Victim B after this piece was initially published, saying Victim B “has really done a terrible thing to a great guy” and that her husband “is terribly sad and heartbroken for any woman who has been hurt or mistreated.” The email, which Victim B provided to HuffPost, was sent from Lilly Yeatman’s professional email address at Disney.

Victim B

Neither Disney nor Lilly Yeatman immediately responded to a request for comment.

Masterson has been the subject of an almost year-long investigation conducted by the LAPD and the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. Four women have accused Masterson of violently raping them in the early 2000s. They have told law enforcement that they believe Masterson spiked their drinks with something that led them to black out before and during the alleged rapes.

Masterson has denied all allegations of rape and said that the encounters in question were consensual. An attorney for the actor denied that Masterson ever placed any drugs in someone else’s drink and said that as a Scientologist, Masterson has a strict anti-drug policy for himself and for guests in his home.

Sources in the police department and district attorney’s office have described the evidence against Masterson as “compelling” and “overwhelming.”
    Netflix has known about the accusations since at least March, when journalist Tony Ortega revealed that the LAPD had an active investigation into multiple allegations of rape against the actor.

Three of the women who have accused Masterson were members of the Church of Scientology at the time they say they were raped. Church doctrine says that contacting law enforcement to report another Scientologist is a high crime and will lead to being declared a suppressive person ― meaning that person will be shunned from the church, and their friends and family members who are church members must stop speaking to them.

Despite that edict, Victim B filed a police report against Masterson in 2004. But the case was quickly thwarted when dozens of Scientologists filed affidavits with the LAPD claiming that Victim B wasn’t telling the truth.

The LAPD officially reopened the case against Masterson in January, and referred it to the district attorney in April. Sources in the police department and district attorney’s office have described the evidence against Masterson as “compelling” and “overwhelming.”

This article has been updated with details from Lilly Yeatman’s email to the husband of Victim B.

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

LAPD must have some Scientologists high up the chain. Seems that LAPD investigations against Scibots are dismissed or quickly determined to have no merit.

fgg

Danny Masterson ousted from ‘The Ranch’ amid rape claims

Danny Masterson has left production of Netflix comedy “The Ranch.”

“As a result of ongoing discussions, Netflix and the producers have written Danny Masterson out of ‘The Ranch,’” a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement Tuesday. “Yesterday was his last day on the show, and production will resume in early 2018 without him.”

Masterson’s departure comes amid mounting pressure over claims by four women who have accused the actor of rape. The Los Angeles County district attorney and Los Angeles Police Department are currently investigating allegations against Masterson.

Part 4 of “The Ranch” is set to premiere on Netflix as scheduled Dec. 15, with additional episodes slated to premiere sometime in 2018. Netflix has traditionally divided the series into 10-episode batches, each of which is part of a longer season. It is unknown how many episodes will debut this month and how many will be held until next year. Masterson is not expected to appear in any episodes released after Dec. 15. Also unresolved is the fate of Masterson’s executive producer credit on the series.

The Huffington Post reported Monday that a Netflix executive, Andy Yeatman, told a woman who claims that Masterson raped her that the company does not believe any of Masterson’s accusers. According to the report, Yeatman was unaware at the time that the woman he was speaking to was herself one of Masterson’s accusers.

“The Ranch” was Netflix’s first multi-camera comedy — an area in which it has since expanded with additional series such as “Fuller House,” “One Day at a Time” and “Disjointed.” The series stars Masterson and fellow “That ’70s Show” alum Ashton Kutcher as well as Debra Winger and Sam Elliott.

The decision to part ways with Masterson comes one day after Netflix content chief Ted Sarandos confirmed that original drama “House of Cards” would resume production in 2018 on a sixth and final season, this one set to star Robin Wright, but not her onscreen partner Kevin Spacey. Production of “House of Cards” Season 6 was halted in October following sexual assault allegations against Spacey, who was later suspended from the production.

https://pagesix.com/2017/12/05/danny...d-rape-claims/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

I> really, really hope some of these assholes see jail time. Otherwise it will all blow over and it will all be put down to hysterical women who can't take a joke.

Wow that Lilly Yeatman is a reall piece of work. Fuck her.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Wow that Lilly Yeatman is a reall piece of work. Fuck her.
    Fixed it: "Your wife has done a terrible thing to a great guy who told her to her face she wasn't raped."

I've never liked him and he always gave me the creeps. Add into the fact that he's got the $cienobots behind him...ugh, he's a disgusting monster. May he rot along with the rest of them.
    Beeyotch, Jadestone and Mivvi21 like this.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information