Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dane Cook: "The Unfunniest Comic"

The next time one of my friends makes me sit and watch Dane Cook bullshit, I'm gonna take the computer, ram it up their ass, make them shit it out, and repeat the process as necessary.

Question.....if he steals all his material, doesn't that make the big names that are saying he stole their material, horrible comedians themselves?

^ No, because chances are, they made the material themselves. Just being a bad comic is one thing, actually stealing someone else's material is another. Not only does it make said "comedian" unfunny, it makes them unoriginal and very asshole-ish.

Well, everyone is saying he's not funny. How do they know if he's funny or not when he's using someone else's material? That would mean the writer of that material isn't funny either.....(all the big names that are bitching at him for stealing material)
    And I agree, stealing material is asshole-ish but it still doesn't take away from the fact that the big comedians that originally wrote the lame stuff sucks too.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    The next time one of my friends makes me sit and watch Dane Cook bullshit, I'm gonna take the computer, ram it up their ass, make them shit it out, and repeat the process as necessary.
    omg i have a friend who does that too damnit! im like, if you think this shit is funny, then i cant beleive that we're friends!

another unfunny, joke-stealing, phoney, dumbass is Carlos Mencia; i hate that bitch!

My teenage son and all his friends think this guy is a God. I tried to watch his HBO special and I couldn't get past the first ten minutes. I couldn't figure out where he was going with his stuff. But the arena was packed. I was a little confused as to how he could pack in 18k people, cause I didn't get him at all.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Well, everyone is saying he's not funny. How do they know if he's funny or not when he's using someone else's material? That would mean the writer of that material isn't funny either.....(all the big names that are bitching at him for stealing material)
    And I agree, stealing material is asshole-ish but it still doesn't take away from the fact that the big comedians that originally wrote the lame stuff sucks too.
    Oh, I think that a lot of his material is funny. It was funnier when Louis CK, Joe Rogan and Emo Phillips did if first.

It is not cool to take someone else's intellectual property and pass it off as your own. Its called plagiarism and its not funny.

PS - Robin Williams, Dennis Leary and Carlos Mencia are all joke thieves, too.

I know what's it's called, and I never said it wasn't wrong. I was just proving a point that if his jokes are lame, then it's really not his fault, since he didn't write them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I know what's it's called, and I never said it wasn't wrong. I was just proving a point that if his jokes are lame, then it's really not his fault, since he didn't write them.
    Oh gosh, I'm sorry. That didn't sound snotty in my head when I wrote it, but reading it - well, it sure does, and I didn't mean it that way at all. I'm sorry.

And I get your point.

I think a lot of his special brand of unfunny stems from the lack of punchlines and just general weird noisemaking disguised as jokes.

This guy bugs the shit out of me and makes me loose my manners. Again, I'm really sorry...

It's all cool, babe.

Ok...well then I'm definitely NOT making you watch this!

But it made me laugh--probably because he's making fun of Tom Cruise. How can making fun of Tom Cruise not be funny?

YouTube - Dane Cook making fun of Tom Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    omg i have a friend who does that too damnit! im like, if you think this shit is funny, then i cant beleive that we're friends!

another unfunny, joke-stealing, phoney, dumbass is Carlos Mencia; i hate that bitch!

Oh God, don't even get me started on Carlos Mencia... He's about as funny as atomic diarrhea.

He's not attractive with that pockmarked face. He's too loud and I didn't like his last film with Alba. Can't imagine his movie with Kate Hudson is going to do any bizness either. Maybe he'll simply fade away like his ex-girlfriend Chestica Simpson.....?
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by TonjaLasagna View Post
    He's not attractive with that pockmarked face. He's too loud and I didn't like his last film with Alba. Can't imagine his movie with Kate Hudson is going to do any bizness either. Maybe he'll simply fade away like his ex-girlfriend Chestica Simpson.....?
    oh god - he is box office poison.

Dane Cook - Box Office Data Movie Star

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Angry

Oh God, don't even get me started on Carlos Mencia... He's about as funny as atomic diarrhea.
    I fucking hate that fat asshat. He puts me in a nasty mood.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information