Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cynthia Nixon: "I'm in love with her!"

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    She did get prettier as the show went on, and I especially loved the brighter red color they used on her hair. She's by far my favorite character on the show, and I related to her the most. This may not be true, but I heard that the movie will have Miranda dealing with an atrraction and feelings for another woman.
    She was very pretty during Charlotte's wedding to Harry.

Yeah, she could have always done better then Steve imo. Sweet guy yes, but such a puss. I hope they do do something like that or at least make her single again. She was always the most confident out of the group on needing not needing a guy around.

^^^
    it always pissed me off that they had her end up with that wimpy loser steve. i detested his character. it really bugged me because she was my fave too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I liked Steve...I thought they balanced one another.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Oh no, I don't want the movie to show Miranda and Steve separated or divorced. They truly loved one another and made a perfect couple. As Lola said, they balanced each other out.
    Playful~

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten89 View Post
    She was very pretty during Charlotte's wedding to Harry.

Yeah, she could have always done better then Steve imo. Sweet guy yes, but such a puss. I hope they do do something like that or at least make her single again. She was always the most confident out of the group on needing not needing a guy around.
    I also love how she's so independent and not emotionally needy, like some of the other characters. I didn't like Steve a whole lot, but I think he softened up her cynical view of love. It's going to be awesome to see what happens in the movie.

Gold Member

Ok, really want to be supportive about this relationship but...EWWWW...Felix and Oscar, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    ^^ Hopefully in Cynthia's case, her vision will fade too.
    Funny

Did she leave her hubby for this woman? It says the two lesbians bring the kids up, so wondered where he features.

Hell, for the longest I thought the gf was a man!

her girlfriend looks like she could be her chubby teenaged son.

steve balanced miranda out? how? he wasn't half as smart or witty as miranda and he had a shitty personality and a wimpy voice. she was way too good for him. i started liking satc less and less as the seasons went on and the steve-miranda thing pretty much turned me off the show.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i started liking satc less and less as the seasons went on and the steve-miranda thing pretty much turned me off the show.
    ^^I agree Sputnik. The thing, though, that turned me off the most about the Miranda storyline (and not to piss off/annoy any of the moms on here--I'm just talking about a TV show) was when they had Miranda become a mom. I liked the show SOOOO much better when it was about 4 SINGLE, CHILDLESS women. And Miranda was the LAST one who you would've thought would've ended up with a child. (which is, i suppose, why the writers did it.) I liked single, independent Miranda who happily lived alone with her cat and her nightstand-drawer full of vibrators (), and was into her career & didn't need a man to fulfill her, and who didn't particularly like kids. --the consummate independent, professional, Manhattan single woman. I loved the episode where she was all skeeved out & uncomfortable at her Connecticut-soccer-mom's baby shower where she was surrounded by soccer moms & she was all like, "Ewww....I NEVER want to be like this!..Get me out of here!".(I can relate!) To end the show by turning her into exactly what she once loathed--a married Brooklyn mom (NOT that there's anything wrong with that; it just was NOT Miranda), really rubbed me the wrong way.

OK enough about this show.... But oh how i miss SATC!!!!
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I liked Steve...I thought they balanced one another.
    Me too, he seemed to keep her grounded...not lose herself in work and let life slip her by.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

GoldDust ... Cynthia was actually pregnant at the time. Maybe the writers thought it would be easier to just write the pregnancy into the storyline instead of trying to hide her stomach ... like they had to do later with SJP.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    steve balanced miranda out? how? he wasn't half as smart or witty as miranda and he had a shitty personality and a wimpy voice. she was way too good for him. i started liking satc less and less as the seasons went on and the steve-miranda thing pretty much turned me off the show.
    Steve isn't unintelligent, he just isn't an intellectual. He is sometimes far more perceptive than Miranda, especially about people and their emotions. I think the honeymoon episode was a really good indicator of that. Miranda is so matter of fact, and so very much in her own head that often times she doesn't make the connections between activity and the triggering/resulting emotion. Steve's character balanced her in that he kept her in touch with that. He so often relaxed her and reminded her there was more to life than just doing what was necessary.

I liked them very much as a couple. They remind me of some of my favorite rl couples. Steve isn't someone I would choose for ME, but I think he and Miranda paired up nicely.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

^ I wouldn't mind a Steve type, caring, compassionate, optimistic and non-judgemental.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information