Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Cristiano Ronaldo hit with 'bizarre gay rumors'

How very dare you!

effie2 likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

I really disliked him when he stated that the little boy he payed 10m euro to have,certainly does NOT need a mother as he alone totally covers all the boy,s needs.Asshole.
    deenz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Maybe he is just concerned for his teammates well-being.
    Is this for real!? Lol

I thought he was gay when he became a father like the Vida loca guy, whats his face, Ricky Martin. Sort of same out of the blue, I am now a father thing.

Elite Member

I'm trying to care, but can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post
    Is this for real!? Lol

I thought he was gay when he became a father like the Vida loca guy, whats his face, Ricky Martin. Sort of same out of the blue, I am now a father thing.
    The poor guy is under a microscope for real. The paps photograph his every move; he's pretty popular in Europe.

But with a net worth of $260 million USD, I wouldn't really care if folks knew.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

He is pretty popular / known everywhere expect the US maybe.
    effie2 likes this.
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

My only concern here is his son. Where is he when his father is flying back and forth for this relationship?
    lindsaywhit and Kittylady like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    My only concern here is his son. Where is he when his father is flying back and forth for this relationship?
    Same place he always is - in the family home with grandma and the hired help.

What, you think Cristiano actually raises his own son? Pfft. He's a trophy son. Trots him out for photo ops, but there's always his mother and sister in the background. There's no doubt who is raising the child and it ain't golden toes....

Also - it's interesting that while zero people would be surprised if Cristiano Ronaldo came out, he would cop shit for it. There's a neanderthal element to some football fans (and I say that as an active Melbourne Victory and Liverpool supporter - many have no place for homophobia in sport, but many react terribly.) I mean, we talk about the lunacy of homophobic Hollywood studio producers who force actors to stay in the closet in order to get roles, despite the fact that by and large it would have zero affect on their popularity as an actor if they were out. I don't think it's the same with professional sportsmen. Sports women, it's more accepted that a percentage of high profile sports women will be lesbians or bi, and no one really cares. But that's because it's the same percentage of women in any society that you would expect to be bi or lesbian - and because women's sport is so shat on by the patriarchal media, it's less that people don't care and more than no one knows about them anyway. There's also the bullshit assumption that women good at sport = butch dyke

Whereas with professional sportsmen, especially those footballing heroes of any code who are held up as the bastion of masculinity.... the homophobic minivan majority would flip their shit if someone high profile came out, even though it's illogical. Just on a basic statistical understanding, there must be a reasonable percentage of professional sportsmen who are not heterosexual - but they rarely come out while still playing whatever sport they play. Those few who have come out, like Ian whatsisface ... Robertson? The Australian rugby player who was the first rugby player, possibly the first professional sportsman of any kind in Australia to be out. He has spoken a lot about the level of bullying and intimidation he received, not only as a younger player, but from club management - "you do not show your faggy ways or you don't have a job" kind of stuff. And then there's the AFL take on it: No Cookies | Perth Now

I am curious as to whether it's part of Ronaldo's Real Madrid contract that he keep his sexuality under wraps while at the club. Perhaps if we have some Spanish posters who can comment with more accuracy and an informed view on whether it's a the football culture or the Madrid old-boys business club culture that would lead someone so obviously not hetero to be closeted?
    BITTER, effie2 and Belt Up like this.

It would be one thing to have a child because he loves kids and wanted to be a dad. It's totally lame and mercenary to father a child via surrogate and then having your family practically raise the kid while you only use him for PR and photo ops. I hope the kid doesn't turn out to be f&&ked in the head.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    It would be one thing to have a child because he loves kids and wanted to be a dad. It's totally lame and mercenary to father a child via surrogate and then having your family practically raise the kid while you only use him for PR and photo ops. I hope the kid doesn't turn out to be f&&ked in the head.
    But there were planes to catch and bills to pay!
    BITTER and Sassiness like this.

He learned to walk while his dad was gay!

And he was talkin' 'fore I knew it, and as he grew
    he said, the Daily Mail's talkin' bout you dad, the Daily Mail's talkin' bout you

And the cat's in the cradle with a silver spoon,
    While his daddy gets a cuddle every afternoon.

I like the turn this has taken.

But for the record - I hate the Who's Gay section of the board. IMO this topic is about his sex life and is gossip just as if he was straight.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I like the turn this has taken.

But for the record - I hate the Who's Gay section of the board. IMO this topic is about his sex life and is gossip just as if he was straight.
    I've never liked the section either and don't really know why we have it. But the obsessive part of my brain REALLY wants things to be in the "right" place. The section is literally called, "Who's Gay?" so something like gay rumors seemed to fit - whereas I would never put a thread on something like Ellen and Portia's relationship in this forum, for example. We can certainly move it back though.
    Sassiness likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information