Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Courteney Cox wants another child

Forty-three isn't too old to have a baby. Many people choose to wait until they are settled and have good jobs and can give their children a better life. There is nothing selfish about that. When you hit sixty, you aren't exactly tottering around with a walker in the last throws of dementia. I mean, for heaven's sake. My dad was forty when he had me, and when he was in his sixties, he was travelling around Canada, renovating his house, brewing and bottling his own beer, and loving his life.

I would much rather see a married woman in her forties having kids than teenagers on welfare who have neither the maturity nor the finances to take care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    ^I agree. And the kid will have a 63 year old mother at twenty!
    I get what you're saying but my Mister's mom was in her late 30s when she had him (and he's the first or 3); his dad was 50+..... She's not 76 and it never effected them, it was just "normal"..... I think that today there are parents of all sorts of ages, at least around me there are...

However, (back to Courtney "Coke" Cox....) I agree that she needs to a) eat, b) stop doing the coke c) seriously think about adopting because after the problems she reported having last time, is it really worth going through all that? Adopt a child, give it a loving home, there are too many kids in the world already!

And I still don't beleive that she's only 43... it's like she's been 43 for 3+ years now.....

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Forty-three isn't too old to have a baby and it isn't selfish. When you hit sixty, you aren't exactly tottering around with a walker in the last throws of dementia. For heaven's sake. My dad was forty when he had me, and when he was in his sixties, he was travelling around Canada, renovating his house, brewing and bottling his own beer, and loving his life.

I would much rather see a married woman in her forties having kids than teenagers on welfare who have neither the maturity nor the finances to take care of them.
    LOL! you type faster than I do! and I completely agree with your last point!
    Free Charmed.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Forty-three isn't too old to have a baby. Many people choose to wait until they are settled and have good jobs and can give their children a better life. There is nothing selfish about that. I would much rather see a married woman in her forties having kids than teenagers on welfare who have neither the maturity nor the finances to take care of them.
    I agree. I don't think a woman has to be married necessarily but do think the early 40s isn't too old to have a child and it is definitely preferable to this generation of teenage mothers we have. I actually had a student tell me this year that she "was going to wait and have a baby until she could afford a car" and that it would "be okay" because she could "get a check" each month. Ahhh yes, the American Dream. Ugh.

I believe CC and DA had several miscarriages before she was able to carry a baby to term. I am sure that, coupled with her age, is what she is referring to.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Forty-three isn't too old to have a baby. Many people choose to wait until they are settled and have good jobs and can give their children a better life. There is nothing selfish about that. When you hit sixty, you aren't exactly tottering around with a walker in the last throws of dementia. I mean, for heaven's sake. My dad was forty when he had me, and when he was in his sixties, he was travelling around Canada, renovating his house, brewing and bottling his own beer, and loving his life.

iTA. We don't know how long we have to live, and just because someone is older doesn't mean that they won't live to see their grandchildren. Plus, as we age, we react more calmly to things, so it helps when someone learns the art of patience (through experience) before they have kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    I agree. I don't think a woman has to be married necessarily but do think the early 40s isn't too old to have a child and it is definitely preferable to this generation of teenage mothers we have. I actually had a student tell me this year that she "was going to wait and have a baby until she could afford a car" and that it would "be okay" because she could "get a check" each month. Ahhh yes, the American Dream. Ugh.

I believe CC and DA had several miscarriages before she was able to carry a baby to term. I am sure that, coupled with her age, is what she is referring to.
    That pisses me off. There are too many people like that in the world.Little does she know that the check she'll be receiving doesn't cover all of her expenses, nor does it cover emergencies either. Maybe she thinks it's spending money that she can use at the mall.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hit By Ban Bus!

why is it selfish to have a child at 43 but not selfish to adopt?

I think the woman is beautiful but comes across as a bitch in interviews.

I've been hearing about her wanting a child for the last year or two.

Speaking of wanting a child Sandra Bullock said she was trying to have a child after she married Jesse she seems to have disappeared.

"I do wanna have another one... I don't know how to achieve that at my age but I would like to have one more."

How about having sex with your husband? .
    HAHAHa. You crack me up, aabbcc!

I think the woman is beautiful but comes across as a bitch in interviews.
    I've always thought that as well. Her character on Dirt is probably closest to how she is in real life.

Did anyone catch her on Dirt getting a Brazilian? I did not need to see that.

I saw her with Ellen. Ellen pretty much made her say she wanted another child-really. Ellen also suggested adoption ! I got the distinct impression she (Courtney) is not at all keen on having another one! She was pretty much cornered with no way out in this interview IMO!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

She apparently had many, many miscarriages before having sucess with her daughter. I read an interview once where she talked about the pain of losing child after child. I wouldn't blame her for not having another baby at 43.

Can a woman have a child at 43? Sure. Can they be great mothers? Absolutely. But lets not kid ourselves that that is an ideal situation. Complication rates skyrocket, congenital defects skyrocket, chromosomal abnormalities skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    Isn't she too old???
    As far as I know her previous pregnancy problems were not age related.

Had nothing to do with her being "too old".

Zee

I'm all for the older mother trying to get pregnant. I'm leaning towards no more babies for Courtney. That Arquette family is just a bit beyond eccentric.

There's a Lainey blind out there that relates to a southern lady not wanting to adopt. Gotta go find it.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

she's southern? I guess I always thought that she was a northern due to her Springsteen appearence... LOL!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    She apparently had many, many miscarriages before having sucess with her daughter. I read an interview once where she talked about the pain of losing child after child. I wouldn't blame her for not having another baby at 43.

Can a woman have a child at 43? Sure. Can they be great mothers? Absolutely. But lets not kid ourselves that that is an ideal situation. Complication rates skyrocket, congenital defects skyrocket, chromosomal abnormalities skyrocket.
    Bella this is just what I was thinking.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    she's southern? I guess I always thought that she was a northern due to her Springsteen appearence... LOL!
    She's from Alabama-- very southern.

Zee

Found the link and the blind wasn't what I quite remembered. The Belle from Hell! Lainey's Blind Item 07/05

For what it's worth
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information