Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Country Singer Joey Feek Enters Hospice

I've been sort of peripherally following this. I don't know much of their music, but their "Important to Me" song they sing gets stuck in my head every time I hear it.

I think I read that they only found the cervical cancer at the point that she was pregnant and having the baby, so I'm not sure if maybe she hadn't had a pap in several years or if perhaps it was just particularly fast growing and metastasized quickly. It's a heartbreaking thing to have happen.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I don't listen to much country music so I don't know them outside of this story, but this is heartbreaking. I wish them lots of peace and comfort.
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

Well shit. Reading about her recording her voice to books so she can still read to her child after passing, that made my cold heart tear up.
    Niki Taylor and Wisher like this.

Joey Feek's Final Goodbye: Terminally-Ill Singer Will 'Most Likely Only Be with Us for a Few More Days,' Writes Husband Rory

By Naja Rayne
    @najarayne 02/29/2016 AT 09:25 PM EST

After celebrating a very special month, Joey Feek is down to her last days after battling terminal cancer.

Following her Valentine's Day dinner and daughter Indiana's second birthday, Joey, 40, gathered her family to say goodbye to those closest to her.

"She was ready to stop fighting and she told me so. She said the flowers would soon be blooming back in Tennessee. It's time to go home," Rory Feek, 50, wrote on his blog Monday. "Joey gathered her family together around her and said goodbye to each of them. There were lots of tears as she explained to each one how much she loved them and that she was going to be going home soon.

Joey and Indiana Feek
    Courtesy Joey Feek

"And then she asked me to bring our baby in. And so… I set out little Indy on Joey's lap and we all cried with my wife as she told her how much her mama loved her … and then she pulled Indiana up and she kissed her. One last kiss.'

Since her tearful goodbye, Joey has been in a deep sleep, according to Rory. After months of being on her deathbed, nurses have told Feek that his wife will "most-likely only be with us for a few more days…at most."

"Sometimes I feel like the boy who cried wolf," Feek continued. "We've been here going through this for months and months now. Nearing the end, doing better, nearing the end again. Hoping. Praying. Believing. But through it all, most of us have known down-deep for a while now, that the end would eventually come."

While Feek admits that saying goodbye to his wife is emotional and difficult, he's trying to focus on the good times. Noting all that Joey accomplished in her 40 years, he added in his blog, that like the lyrics in one of their songs, Joey has "given all she could give. She's loved all she could love and lived all she could live."

There's been some discussion on the websites where his blog posts are shared as to whether or not it was appropriate for Rory to put all these pictures of Joey for public consumption during this last part of her life. Some people think it's exploitative or that he's hoping to get some publicity out of it for their record sales but maybe I think he just felt better sharing his story with other people.
    Does anyone else think it's inappropriate? I just feel so sorry for their precious daughter, I'm glad she has so much love and such a great support system around her.

I don't see the problem since I presume she is on board with it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

she is good with everything that's been posted, i read somewhere. I think it's wonderful that they are sharing this with family etc. i like them, her voice is so pretty.
    greysfang likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I don't know who they are aside from this story. IT has seemed odd at times to me, as if he was milking the attention. Right around the holidays there was another post about her making her final goodbyes, then a miraculous recovery. That is not uncommon with illness and I guess their fans want it.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

This is also something their daughter can see in the future and might help her to know her mother. I can't hate on that.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I don't care for country music so I don't know much about them, but this is really sad. They seem like very nice people.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I posted this a long time ago for novice. This is the song that first caught my interest. I only have a handful of their songs, they switch from country to gospel frequently, but she always sounds amazing. They are such a sweet, genuine couple.

They met on some sort of country reality singing show. The judges/coaches paired them up for a duet episode and they've been inseparable ever since.
    msdeb and Serendipity like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

She had such a pretty voice, whispery and light as a feather, sort of reminds me of Allison Krause or Dolly Parton. I don't usually like Country music but I do like Bluegrass and she had that sort of voice that fit that genre well.

My friend's a huge country and bluegrass fan and she sent me a link to a video of Joey and her daughter that's just adorable. I'd never heard of them before but this video of Indy trying to make her mother feel better on her first day of chemo just warmed my cold heart.

bootspaige likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If, by posting the pictures and updates, they are removing some of the fear and stigma surrounding the final weeks and months in a terminal sick room then I'm all for it. We shouldn't hide people away like they are something unmentionable when they are drawing near to the end of their life, unless the individual themselves chooses that seclusion.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Gold Member

She passed away earlier this afternoon. May her family find peace. His blog is just so heartbreaking

Very sad. FU Cancer and RIP Joey.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information