Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Country Music Star Jason Aldean Dressed Up in Blackface for Halloween

  1. #16
    Gold Member dilligaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,309

    Default

    This is shameful.

  2. #17
    Elite Member kasippu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    We've been stationed in The Netherlands for years and we'll never get used to the blackface of their St. Nicks's celebrations early December. The whole commercial shit begins around now. Just been to the market and these hideous puppets were everywhere it's disgusting. And whenever you dare say something about it, the response you get is that is has nothing to do with racism and if you don't like it get the hell back to your own country!


    ^Most Dutch people don't find this offensive! Supposedly St. Nick's helpers got that dark because they slid down the chimney. Yep, that's how you get an Afro, full lips and that perfectly even dark skin tone, but keep your clothes spotless!

    We have this too. And they are also role playing to be the idiot, plus their boss 'Sinterklaas' is a white saint.
    As a kid, I found this totally normal. Now as an adult, not so much!


  3. #18
    Elite Member Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    If only this would kill his career.

    Not because he's a racist. But because he creates music so bad, it makes me want to stab myself with a fork.

    Him, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, and Florida Georgia Line should start a blackface group that sings old negro spirituals. Not because I would support them. But because it might get them all set on fire.
    ^^ All of this^^. Bravo!
    joebob likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

  4. #19
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    56,284

    Default

    I hate FGL and their autotune bullshit. That is not country.
    joebob likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  5. #20
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    24,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I hate FGL and their autotune bullshit. That is not country.
    Lol, I thought he was talking about the people who live on the Florida Georgia line. I've never heard of them.
    joebob, Bluebonnet and mostroop like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  6. #21
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Antartica.
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Lol, I thought he was talking about the people who live on the Florida Georgia line. I've never heard of them.
    They play bro country and look like redneck frat boys that should at a kegger, not on stage performing music.

    I wish someone like Sturgill Simpson got some attention. Now he's someone that plays actual country music. Not soft rock for soccer moms.
    ManxMouse and Bluebonnet like this.

  7. #22
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    24,162

    Default

    So not too different from the people that live there.
    ManxMouse likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  8. #23
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    56,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Lol, I thought he was talking about the people who live on the Florida Georgia line. I've never heard of them.

    Be thankful. Their shit sucks.

    I do like Luke and Blake though, I'm patiently waiting for all these artists who are currently leaning towards pop to capitalize on that (fuck) Lady Antebellum popularity, to get back to their roots. It will happen.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  9. #24
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Antartica.
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    So not too different from the people that live there.
    They're not all like that. Not that I have been to that area. LOL @ North Florida. No fucking way. And that is coming from someone that lives about 20 minutes from the Mississippi river.

  10. #25
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    We have this too. And they are also role playing to be the idiot, plus their boss 'Sinterklaas' is a white saint.
    As a kid, I found this totally normal. Now as an adult, not so much!

    We've seriously had some conversations with people that went like this:
    Us: "So, what exactly does this festivity stand for?
    Dutch people: "It is a traditional children's party. St. Terklaas is a bisshop and a friend of children. His friend Black Pete helps the bishop handing out the presents, because the bishop is over 300 years old."
    Us: "300 years? Really. Who is this Black Pete? You say he's his friend? What's with the outfit?"
    Dutch people: "That's just the clothes they wear where they come from. Black Pete also is a true friend of children, everyone loves him."
    Us: "Why is he black with an Afro? Is he from Africa? Where's the bisshop from?"
    Dutch people: "No, he's not from Africa! They're from Spain! Besides, he is not even black. He has this color because he slides down the chimney to put the presents into the children's shoes"
    Us: "What chimney? Most houses here have central heating, there hardly are any chimneys around. Does that mean only people with chimneys get presents?"
    Dutch people: "No, in the old days the houses still had chimneys. Black Pete would slide through the chimney and distribute the presents. It's a tradition."
    Us: "So, if there aren't enough chimneys to slide down through, how do they get the presents to the people now?"
    Dutch people "You can ask St. Klas to visit your home with Black Pete, or they just lay out the presents in the garden or on your doorstep."
    Us: "........ Okay......... but...... we still don't understand, why is he called black pete when he's only really black from the soot from the chimney? How come he's still black when he doesn't even slide down chimneys anymore? How come his skin is so evenly colored and his hair is an Afro when it's really a non black person covered in soot? How come his clothes aren't covered in soot? We're having a hard time understanding all this."
    Dutch people: "That's because you're not Dutch. This is a Dutch tradition, it's our culture. They are big kid's friends, especially the more needy children and the children who have behaved well all year get presents. Everybody loves Black Pete, there's nothing wrong with him because he isn't even black. So, it can't even be racist. You just don't understand because you're not from this country, this culture, this tradition. We don't like outsiders to mess with our traditions. We don't complain about your traditions either, if you do not like ours just fuck off and go back to your own country!"

    Yep, theirs is a rich tradition, I tells ya!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  11. #26
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Antartica.
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Be thankful. Their shit sucks.

    I do like Luke and Blake though, I'm patiently waiting for all these artists who are currently leaning towards pop to capitalize on that (fuck) Lady Antebellum popularity, to get back to their roots. It will happen.
    What is Luke Bryan's roots in? Wrangler commercials?

  12. #27
    Elite Member Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,994

    Default

    I just stick to Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Patsy Cline, George Jones, Reba McEntire, Loretta Lynn....bascially...the TRUE country artists.
    joebob likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

  13. #28
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    We've seriously had some conversations with people that went like this:
    Us: "So, what exactly does this festivity stand for?
    Dutch people: "It is a traditional children's party. St. Terklaas is a bisshop and a friend of children. His friend Black Pete helps the bishop handing out the presents, because the bishop is over 300 years old."
    Us: "300 years? Really. Who is this Black Pete? You say he's his friend? What's with the outfit?"
    Dutch people: "That's just the clothes they wear where they come from. Black Pete also is a true friend of children, everyone loves him."
    Us: "Why is he black with an Afro? Is he from Africa? Where's the bisshop from?"
    Dutch people: "No, he's not from Africa! They're from Spain! Besides, he is not even black. He has this color because he slides down the chimney to put the presents into the children's shoes"
    Us: "What chimney? Most houses here have central heating, there hardly are any chimneys around. Does that mean only people with chimneys get presents?"
    Dutch people: "No, in the old days the houses still had chimneys. Black Pete would slide through the chimney and distribute the presents. It's a tradition."
    Us: "So, if there aren't enough chimneys to slide down through, how do they get the presents to the people now?"
    Dutch people "You can ask St. Klas to visit your home with Black Pete, or they just lay out the presents in the garden or on your doorstep."
    Us: "........ Okay......... but...... we still don't understand, why is he called black pete when he's only really black from the soot from the chimney? How come he's still black when he doesn't even slide down chimneys anymore? How come his skin is so evenly colored and his hair is an Afro when it's really a non black person covered in soot? How come his clothes aren't covered in soot? We're having a hard time understanding all this."
    Dutch people: "That's because you're not Dutch. This is a Dutch tradition, it's our culture. They are big kid's friends, especially the more needy children and the children who have behaved well all year get presents. Everybody loves Black Pete, there's nothing wrong with him because he isn't even black. So, it can't even be racist. You just don't understand because you're not from this country, this culture, this tradition. We don't like outsiders to mess with our traditions. We don't complain about your traditions either, if you do not like ours just fuck off and go back to your own country!"

    Yep, theirs is a rich tradition, I tells ya!
    From what I've read, Pete is a Moor from Spain. So, yeah he'd be black and potentially sporting an afro.

    With that being said, I just don't get the whole blackface thing. Never have and never will.
    HWBL, GRuser1 and Lalasnake like this.

  14. #29
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,352

    Default

    Today in our adopted home town:




    The worst thing is the intro was a bunch of black (I think from Surinam) break dancing teens. They were really dark and not in the black pete outfits, just their own gear. Some people have no idea about their history and to them being included and getting attention on a stage for a performance is more important than pointing out that blackface is just wrong. And the white Dutch people use the ignorance of such black people to prove their point that blackface ISN'T racist because look: there's 6 black teens doing our intro, so that means it's okay. JFC!!!!!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  15. #30
    Elite Member Lofty Bike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,774

    Default

    ^^^ I just came home from Venlo, NL. I saw the exact same costumes on 2 people in blackface. My husband and I were just standing there, mouths open when they passed by. I love the Netherlands, but that was bizarre and really wrong.
    HWBL likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 105
    Last Post: September 27th, 2014, 10:17 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 5th, 2014, 10:11 AM
  3. Jason Aldean's Tour Bus Kills Pedestrian
    By Seth82 in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 30th, 2013, 01:04 PM
  4. Rick Moranis - the country music star?
    By muchlove in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 10th, 2006, 04:12 AM
  5. John Corbett - country music's next star?
    By muchlove in forum Music and Music Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 24th, 2005, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •