Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: It Costs $600 to Say Hello to George and Amal Clooney in Lake Como

And the dumb non-yanks don't get jokes when they see them......
    sluce and SHELLEE like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I lived in Saddle River, NJ as a teenager and there were plenty of celebrities who lived in and around that neighborhood, the Simmons' and Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown to name a couple. Everyone knew they were there and no one bothered them. They shopped and dropped their kids off at school like normal people. In addition, plenty of celebs live in NYC- I see a couple whenever I visit there- and no one bothers them. They walk around or even ride the subway like non-celebs. It's not necessarily an "American" thing to freak out over celebs... I have seen Americans be blasŤ about seeing celebs and I have seen foreign tourists freaking out over them. And vice versa of course.
    arie_skop likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

One of my good friend lives in NYC. She has seen quite a few celebrities at her work and she says she treats them like everybody else and has yet to get starstruck by any of them. Said most are really nice and tip well. I recall her saying only a few were assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I lived in Saddle River, NJ as a teenager and there were plenty of celebrities who lived in and around that neighborhood, the Simmons' and Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown to name a couple. Everyone knew they were there and no one bothered them. They shopped and dropped their kids off at school like normal people. In addition, plenty of celebs live in NYC- I see a couple whenever I visit there- and no one bothers them. They walk around or even ride the subway like non-celebs. It's not necessarily an "American" thing to freak out over celebs... I have seen Americans be blasŤ about seeing celebs and I have seen foreign tourists freaking out over them. And vice versa of course.
    ^^Hey neighbor...I grew up in Fair Haven/Rumson (now live in Long Branch). Jon Bon Jovi (who I'm not a great fan of ) and Bruce Springsteen are staples around here. Bruce is always in the restaurant my son works at & is very nice and chats with him whenever he is there. I've seen Geraldo Rivera (years ago) who has a house in nearby Navesink. People are used to seeing them so just leave them alone.
    NickiDrea likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    No Way! I say I'm Canadian too, and that my name is Twitchy.
    YOU are what's wrong with America!

no wonder I've got a reputation.
    sluce, MontanaMama, msdeb and 1 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I want to buy one of those drones with a camera, fly it in his space to piss him off. Yet I'm sure he's restricted the air space above his villa.
    Linne likes this.
    Go Habs Go!!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    YOU are what's wrong with America!

no wonder I've got a reputation.
    You're welcome.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

i love long branch!

Quote Originally Posted by suzy83 View Post
    REALLY???? I heard about something like this when Americans travel overseas & people ask them where they are from. The dumb yanks always say Canadian.
    How are you and the doctor doing? Or has he been reported yet because of an ethics violation?
    sluce likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Suzy, you are 0-2 today. Are you purposefully trying to ruffle feathers? Just curious.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i tell them i'm from NY and my name is Witch. then they laugh at my jeans and fanny pack!
    And your big, white tennis shoes (sneakers)

I live amongst the Real Housewives and the Lamas chick. We're talking some serious celebs here

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    The temporary ban is reportedly centered around Clooney's 53rd birthday party, which will take place at his Villa Oleander and the adjoining Villa Margherita. While obviously aimed at paparazzi, the VIP regulation also blocks parking and boating around the area.
    He just wants to make sure he can get top price for the photos from his b-day party like he did for that papped out wedding of his.

It's a warm summer night and you're sitting outside La Locanda del Cantiere enjoying a nice Brunello
    First of all, if you are in Como sipping some Brunello, you fail at italian regional wines. You need to drink Sorsasso.
    Brunello di Montalcino is a wine from Tuscany.

And secondly, about this...
    the Lake Como town of Laglio just outlawed approaching Clooney, Amal, and their friends at and around their villas, as well as physically trespassing on the land when they're not home.
    Uhm... trespassing a property and harassing people outside their houses is illegal anyway...

I don't see what's wrong with the town major wanting to protect these people from paparazzi and crazed fans.

^ If that's what it is. My friend says he likes to hang out with his, um, posse there.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    And your big, white tennis shoes (sneakers)

I live amongst the Real Housewives and the Lamas chick. We're talking some serious celebs here
    we've got john grey, tyler florence, the short guy from metallica, and danielle steele. and we used to have robin williams.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information