Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 106
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Corey Feldman details abuse, Corey Haim's bisexuality in 'Coreyography' memoir

  1. #31
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    339

    Default

    I don't think so, Haim is a washed up drug addict who died. If Feldman wanted to sell out secrets and make fortune, he was part of Michael Jacksons inner circle for a long time. When Jackson died he could have sold a book filled with whatever he wanted to say and sold a million of them. You really think people are going to run out to get the inside scoop on Corey frickin' Haim? Seriously?

  2. #32
    Elite Member CornFlakegrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hanging with the raisin girls
    Posts
    14,835

    Default

    But why is it OK for Haim to basically accuse Feldman of him out on national television
    Yes, because we all know reality tv is rill.

  3. #33
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    If that's how you see it fine. But why is it OK for Haim to basically accuse Feldman of him out on national television and say he's responsible for it and no one cares? Haim put him in the position of having to explain it in the first place by bringing it up like that and blind siding him. He basically forced his hand to explain. I think Feldmen is very traumatized by it all and just looking at the both of them, completely fucked up and it's sad. But I can't fault him for explaining what happened and how he was involved. It's as if Feldman wasn't a victim of sexual abuse and has to shut up about it so as not to upset Haim. Haim is the one that brought it up. I feel bad for both of them.
    sheesh. those shows are scripted and taped. if feldman had an issue with it they wouldn't have aired it.

    it's not the same thing as exposing someone's personal business after they're dead and not here to speak for themselves.

    if you don't get it there's no explaining it. it's part of being a decent human being.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  4. #34
    Elite Member Shinola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Smokin' with your baby
    Posts
    4,189

    Default

    It's not so easy to write bad things about living people in a memoir. The publisher is going to comb the manuscript for potentially lawsuit-triggering stuff, and it sounds to me like he was more or less passing along what the publisher and literary agents etc. would have told him, which is that even if what he says of his abusers is true, it has to be provably true, and if it gets at the abuser's employability it's especially contentious. Book publishing is too narrow in its profit margin to deal with this kind of scenario, and book publishers get less leeway than periodicals reportage does because there is no time sensitivity since the production cycle is months to years long, that is, plenty of time to decide if the material could be libelous.

    I agree if he wants to protect others, he could perhaps do some anonymous tipstering somehow, but ... we don't know he hasn't done that. And if he wants to name names publicly, someplace other than a book will work better.
    ribbit likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

  5. #35
    Elite Member manningmsj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fattymatty View Post
    I don't have a problem with him talking about Haims and not revealing the names of the abusers. He admits he doesn't want to get sued.

    If this opens old wounds for the Haims family, that sucks but both men were vocal about the abuse and seemed to want to tell their story. They may or may not have known about Haims being into men but it's not much of a reveal.
    Because like witchcurlgirl said, it's not about that. It's about decency. None of this shit is a surprise, except for the fact that it's being broadcast by his best fucking friend. Everybody knows that Haim had issues, but that doesn't mean his private life is a free-for-all for Feldman to cash in on.

    Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    I don't think so, Haim is a washed up drug addict who died. If Feldman wanted to sell out secrets and make fortune, he was part of Michael Jacksons inner circle for a long time. When Jackson died he could have sold a book filled with whatever he wanted to say and sold a million of them. You really think people are going to run out to get the inside scoop on Corey frickin' Haim? Seriously?
    No, I don't think people will be lining up for this book, but seriously? He's Corey frickin' Feldman and all his fame in the last fifteen years is tied to being this guy's friend. When that's your only calling card, you use it. As for Jackson, he does mention him in the book. But maybe he didn't have enough dirt on him to fill a book. Maybe like the article said, he truly wasn't abused by him. Or maybe he's just being smart, writing about a "washed up drug addict" instead of one of the most beloved singers of all time. Going after Jackson would not endear him to many. Even if he was a victim, and he said he wasn't, MJ's fan base is so large and rabid they would make his life hell. Every message board on the internet would have pages upon pages like this of people calling him an asshole, even if he was telling the truth. Personally, that would be something entirely different as far as I'm concerned. Calling out someone who abused you is different than putting your dead (and innocent) friend's business on blast. But I digress. Sure, writing about Jackson could make him some cash if he had something to say, but maybe he just didn't have anything new to offer. It's not like the guy's "quirks" aren't well-documented. But like I said before, I think he wrote about Haim because it's the path of least resistance. Nobody cares enough to do anything, except maybe buy the damn book.

    ETA: I agree with you, Shinola. I'm sure he had legitimate reasons for not naming his abusers in the book. A public statement would be different, but I'm not especially put out by that part of it. It's the trade off. Avoiding a lawsuit is a legitimate reason to keep quiet about one thing, but common decency and respect for his dead friend doesn't meet the criteria for the other?

  6. #36
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manningmsj View Post
    Because like witchcurlgirl said, it's not about that. It's about decency. None of this shit is a surprise, except for the fact that it's being broadcast by his best fucking friend. Everybody knows that Haim had issues, but that doesn't mean his private life is a free-for-all for Feldman to cash in on.



    No, I don't think people will be lining up for this book, but seriously? He's Corey frickin' Feldman and all his fame in the last fifteen years is tied to being this guy's friend. When that's your only calling card, you use it. As for Jackson, he does mention him in the book. But maybe he didn't have enough dirt on him to fill a book. Maybe like the article said, he truly wasn't abused by him. Or maybe he's just being smart, writing about a "washed up drug addict" instead of one of the most beloved singers of all time. Going after Jackson would not endear him to many. Even if he was a victim, and he said he wasn't, MJ's fan base is so large and rabid they would make his life hell. Every message board on the internet would have pages upon pages like this of people calling him an asshole, even if he was telling the truth. Personally, that would be something entirely different as far as I'm concerned. Calling out someone who abused you is different than putting your dead (and innocent) friend's business on blast. But I digress. Sure, writing about Jackson could make him some cash if he had something to say, but maybe he just didn't have anything new to offer. It's not like the guy's "quirks" aren't well-documented. But like I said before, I think he wrote about Haim because it's the path of least resistance. Nobody cares enough to do anything, except maybe buy the damn book.

    Your argument is that Corey Feldman is selling out his friend to make money. And yet Corey Feldman is well known for being an insider in the world of Michael Jackson, a world that after his death years later is still in the news every single day. And Feldman, who is being motivate by money weighed out the option of a tell all and figured that the way to go was to blow the top off of Corey Haim's bisexuality rather than discussing Michael Jackson. He could have written stories about good things about Michael Jackson, it wouldn't have to be scandelous. That's seriously what you are suggesting? LOL OK.

    I think he felt guilt and cornered by that interview by Haim and put on the spot and didn't really address it. It seems more of an explanation and an atonement than trying make money. I mean seriously Corey Haim versus Michael Jackson........hmmmm I'll go with Haim.

  7. #37
    Elite Member manningmsj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,653

    Default

    Corey Feldman hasn't been linked to Michael Jackson in years, except from his own mouth. Writing a biography of Jackson wouldn't be any more distinguishable from the tons already out there. Especially if it was glowing. When I think Feldman, I think Haim. I'm not saying he's going to make millions off this, but he's an irrelevant child star. He wrote about another dead irrelevant child star. When life hands you lemons... Squeeze them dry.

  8. #38
    Elite Member Shinola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Smokin' with your baby
    Posts
    4,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manningmsj View Post

    ETA: I agree with you, Shinola. I'm sure he had legitimate reasons for not naming his abusers in the book. A public statement would be different, but I'm not especially put out by that part of it. It's the trade off. Avoiding a lawsuit is a legitimate reason to keep quiet about one thing, but common decency and respect for his dead friend doesn't meet the criteria for the other?
    Yeah, I don't think I know enough about the Coreys to comment on that part of it.

    I'm very curious how many copies this book will sell. Methinks not all that many.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

  9. #39
    Elite Member louiswinthorpe111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    13,806

    Default

    Forget all the who's trashing who after who's dead.....who do you think tony burnham is?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

  10. #40
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Billy, the guy in the picture above with MJ. He was their security.

  11. #41
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,382

    Default

    Feldman is an ass for sharing these stories after his "best friend" is dead and can't tell his side. That said, it is very telling that Feldman claims that Haim said that "this is what guys do" when trying to explain why they should have sex together, after being asked if he was gay. Many young victims do whatever is necessary to rationalize what happened to them and find a way to believe it is normal.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  12. #42
    Elite Member louiswinthorpe111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    13,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    Billy, the guy in the picture above with MJ. He was their security.
    Well that's not the giant revelation i was hoping for. Did any of MJ's victims point any fingers at the bodyguard? If not, that raises a red flag for me.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

  13. #43
    Elite Member dolem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,816

    Default

    I'm just horrified and completely disgusted that there are powerful people in Hollywood who abuse the child stars in this manner. I know it's been going on for years - Roman Polanski anyone? But, what is worse is that it seems to be an open secret in Hollywood and no one does anything about it. Say what you will about Feldman and Haim, but it sounds like a lot of people knew they were into drugs and were being abused yet they did nothing to stop it. Is making money more important that outing these horrible human beings? I assume a lot of the abusers are wealthy and therefore can afford a good lawyer yet it seems to me like there probably could be ample evidence to at least send them to jail.

    It's like how a lot Hollywood stars still support Polanski. Just because he makes good movies it's okay that he raped a young girl? I don't understand that rational at all. Do you just completely sell your soul if you want to be a star in Hollywood?

  14. #44
    Elite Member CornFlakegrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hanging with the raisin girls
    Posts
    14,835

    Default

    Apparently, money is more important. After all, Feldman won't out the perp, but he'll make bank on his friend's trauma.

  15. #45
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    56,181

    Default

    Fucking coreyfestos. Really?
    BoogsBun, maddyG and garysgirl1999 like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Corey Haim wants to work
    By mrs.v in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: August 27th, 2013, 10:34 PM
  2. Corey Haim Found Dead
    By PurpleHaze in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: May 5th, 2010, 11:38 AM
  3. Someone is actually marrying Corey Haim
    By mrs.v in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: October 31st, 2008, 02:31 PM
  4. Corey Haim and Corey Feldman open up about molestation, abuse
    By CherryDarling in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: July 28th, 2008, 07:44 AM
  5. Corey Haim and Corey Feldman were molested
    By mrs.v in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: June 26th, 2008, 04:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •