Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Corey Feldman details abuse, Corey Haim's bisexuality in 'Coreyography' memoir

I think what I find most disgusting is that he's protecting his abusers in order to save himself from a lawsuit. I'm sure the guy probably blew through whatever money he had, but still. That's a shitty reason to keep it quiet. If he was terrified or couldn't face them, that's one thing. Some victims just can't confront their abusers no matter how long it's been and I don't think it's right to force them. But to say they're still powerful in Hollywood (which imples they still have access to little kids) and you're just gonna keep your mouth shut to avoid litigation? Rubs me the wrong way. Especially when you write a book (for profit) detailing how screwed up you and your friend ended up after being sexually abused. But hey, who cares about the next crop of Coreys that you could possibly help avoid these creeps? Maybe they'll get over it when they cash the checks from their own tell-alls.

Or maybe they'll end up like Haim.
    KrisNine likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I guess I'm confused. I thought Haim himself already outed all this on their show The Two Coreys?

Also, maybe he's spread the word through the industry via gossip but isn't prepared to make a public statement.

Haim admitted abuse. To my knowledge, he never went into details, including admitting he was bisexual or that he wanted to have sex with Feldman all of the time. Feldman is giving the details to exploit and profit off of his friend. Douchelord Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    I guess I'm confused. I thought Haim himself already outed all this on their show The Two Coreys?

Also, maybe he's spread the word through the industry via gossip but isn't prepared to make a public statement.
    Maybe. But I can't imagine he runs in the same circles as today's child stars. Rumors don't always become legend. Even if he did spread the word back when he actually had connections, it doesn't mean people still know who not to trust with their kids.

I'm not trying to imply that it's his responsibility to sound the alarms. It's the job of the police to keep pedophiles behind bars and away from kids. Victims shouldn't be forced to relive their trauma if it's too hard. I firmly believe that, even if there are situations where a case can't be made without them. It's not their bag. The burden lies with the police to make a case, not an innocent person who's been through enough. But he's always tried to project this image that he's some reformed child star that's seen it all and come out stronger. I only caught snippets of his reality show, but I remember the main plot being that he was the turned around family man trying to save his floundering best friend. And he's made a career out of waxing poetic about his reformation in E! True Hollywood Story specials. He's spent years playing up his role as the good Corey, the survivor, the sole escapee of the curse of child stardom. Well, if you want to be some kind of advocate for avoiding the perils of young Hollywood, don't turn your backs on the kids you think your story can inspire. Not because of cash.

ETA: All this shit separately probably wouldn't ping my asshole raydar. But exploiting your "best friend" in the same book where you protect your abusers is just an obvious dick move. Corey Haim's mother probably doesn't have a pot to piss on, so who gives a shit about her son's memory? Someone upthread said she's stated before that she wishes he'd stop mentioning her son. So pedophiles with Hollywood weight behind them are worth his discretion, but he's cool with disrespecting the mother of his lifelong friend? Spitting on relaionships he's probably had for thirty or so years doesn't scare him a bit? With friends like that... You gotta wonder if Haim's biggest enemy really was himself. Feldman seems pretty worthy of the title too.

Sorry, rant over.
    Last edited by manningmsj; October 15th, 2013 at 06:00 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

He's not the only one who knows who they are. He did an incredibly brave thing by bringing this out in the first place. What should have happened was that those in the know should have come forward and backed him up and outed the person. If they are surrounded by people who are willing to cover it up and are in incredibly powerful places then how is a washed up teen star with a drug problem supposed to stand up to that. In any case he's gotten the word out there. If parents know behind the scenes they can protect their kids.

This is a really weird website but it seems to have some information out there.

Michael Jackson Justice: Corey Feldman and Michael Jackson

This guy looks very guilty, Bill Bray, security to MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Dimes a dead Corey Haim out, but is still protecting his own sexual abusers? Nice.
    It wouldn't surprise me if he did this based on advice from attorneys.

Still, it all sounds horrific.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I agree that his word wouldn't hold much weight in a court room. The statute's long past. And you're right that the adults in his and Haim's lives should've done something back when all this shit was going down. I'm not arguing that the guy wasn't totally let down as a kid. They were both totally failed by the people that should've kept them safe.

But thirty years later when you've made your whole image about how you got through all this shit? Yeah, I think he should name them. And if not then fine, but don't go and exploit another victim. He may not have outted Haim's abuse, but he's spilling his guts out about the effects it had on him. Nobody needs to know this shit. He can't play it both ways. He wants everybody to know how much he's endured, how he's the strong one and Haim couldn't hold it together, but then he bites his lip when it comes to naming the people responsible? It's like a fucking maze. This is where you end up when your childhood is riddled with abuse, so you want to avoid this one trick hallway if you're going to make it out alive. But I can't tell you which hallway cause that would just ruin all the fun.

He's not being brave. He's being sensational. Brave is naming your abusers so other kids don't suffer like you did. Fuck, he was brave to just survive. If he never said a word, he'd still be brave. What's not brave is to exploit your friend's struggles. What's not brave is to mark a victim with an X, using their secrets to detail where sexual abuse can lead, and then refuse to tell people where the detour is.

And now that I've beat that metaphor into the ground, I'll wrap up. I want to be clear when I say I don't think victims should be forced to confront their abusers. It's the reasons he gives that bothers me. But even that I could let slide. Again, it's not his bag. But using money as an excuse for silence in the same book where you stab your friend's corpse is too much. Money is enough incentive to protect the guilty, so shouldn't straight up decency be enough to protect your friend?

Lastly, I agree once again that there is nothing he could do to put these miserable bastards behind bars now. And it wasn't his job to do it when all this went on. He was a kid and he was admittedly fucked up from it. None of that is on him. But how many accusers came forward about MJ years after their alleged abuse? I'm sure some were full of shit, but if they weren't... That is fucking brave. Even if nothing ever came of it, they put it out there. They faced down a giant who had millions of dollars to scare them at his disposal. And maybe it wasn't enough to stop every idiot from giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I guarantee it stopped a shit ton of parents from leaving their kids at Wonderland. He never went to prison, but the public knew that the guy should not be around little kids. Feldman is only covering his own ass, which is his right. I get it. But then don't drop your best friend's trou either.
    Last edited by manningmsj; October 16th, 2013 at 02:09 PM.
    ribbit likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Like I said, Haim is the one who blindsided Feldman during a filming of The Two Corey's when he brought it up on camera and blamed Feldman for setting him up. That was a horrible thing to do but they stuck it out together. I guess I'm just not seeing what needs to be preserved in Haim's image here. To me he and other young men who died from drug problems that they used to escape their emotions from their abuse, were constantly visible in the public eye when it was all going down. Brad Renfro was another one. It's not as if Haim was quiet about this.

Corey Feldman and Corey Haim discuss their abuse - THE TWO COREYS - YouTube

It has nothing to do with 'preserving' Haim's image.

huntsy_2000 and garysgirl1999 like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Then how is he being trashed by Feldman if he's discussing things that everyone already knows? Watch the clip, Haim blames it on Feldman Then later Haim dies. And Feldman isn't allowed to explain? I mean I believe him. I guess if you don't then it would come across differently. Haim practically accuses him of pimping him out.

Yeah i watched the clip and had seen that on the show. Feldman is giving more details than ever aired. And he's doing so because he knows that will sell his book. That's called exploiting his friend. Let the man rest. Let his mother remember her son in peace. Stop dragging this shit up to make $. Feldman certainly isn't doing it to a) expose the perpetrators or b) vindicate his friend. If he were, I might understand it. Feldman is making a buck off of his friend's pain and trama . Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Yeah i watched the clip and had seen that on the show. Feldman is giving more details than ever aired. And he's doing so because he knows that will sell his book. That's called exploiting his friend. Let the man rest. Let his mother remember her son in peace. Stop dragging this shit up to make $. Feldman certainly isn't doing it to a) expose the perpetrators or b) vindicate his friend. If he were, I might understand it. Feldman is making a buck off of his friend's pain and trama . Loser.
    Quick, ribbit, grab hold. This is the point.

This sounds bitchier than I intend it, but my phone is anti-emoticon. So pretend I wink faced.

Hit By Ban Bus!

If that's how you see it fine. But why is it OK for Haim to basically accuse Feldman of him out on national television and say he's responsible for it and no one cares? Haim put him in the position of having to explain it in the first place by bringing it up like that and blind siding him. He basically forced his hand to explain. I think Feldmen is very traumatized by it all and just looking at the both of them, completely fucked up and it's sad. But I can't fault him for explaining what happened and how he was involved. It's as if Feldman wasn't a victim of sexual abuse and has to shut up about it so as not to upset Haim. Haim is the one that brought it up. I feel bad for both of them.

I don't have a problem with him talking about Haims and not revealing the names of the abusers. He admits he doesn't want to get sued.

If this opens old wounds for the Haims family, that sucks but both men were vocal about the abuse and seemed to want to tell their story. They may or may not have known about Haims being into men but it's not much of a reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    If that's how you see it fine. But why is it OK for Haim to basically accuse Feldman of him out on national television and say he's responsible for it and no one cares? Haim put him in the position of having to explain it in the first place by bringing it up like that and blind siding him. He basically forced his hand to explain. I think Feldmen is very traumatized by it all and just looking at the both of them, completely fucked up and it's sad. But I can't fault him for explaining what happened and how he was involved. It's as if Feldman wasn't a victim of sexual abuse and has to shut up about it so as not to upset Haim. Haim is the one that brought it up. I feel bad for both of them.
    It's none of that. But how long ago was that show on? Why not explain it then? I assume they did press for the show. Or after? Or I don't know... Anytime in the years between the accusation and his death? No one is saying he has to keep quiet so as not to "upset" Haim. Cause uh, Haim's dead. If he weren't, this would be a totally different conversation. You say Feldman should be allowed to explain himself and I agree, but that's not even what he's doing. Explaining one comment from a million years ago on a reality show no one watched is one thing. Outting his bisexuality, making public the details of his sexual abuse by two men, and telling the world he constantly pressured him for sex? That's not an explanation. That's more like Feldman getting his digs in. And now, what of Haim? Where's his chance to explain?

Right. Feldman didn't give him one.

Moreover, you're still missing the point if you think this is all about Feldman explaining himself. If that were his motive, he wouldn't need to air more dirty laundry to do it. He's not trying to repair his image; he's trying to make a buck by exploiting Haim's.
    Butterfly and garysgirl1999 like this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information