Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree1922Likes

Thread: The continuing saga of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Ugh, when I was at a Rupaul drag race show the woman in front of me was holding up her phone the entire time to record it. I'm like, seriously? Can't we just enjoy these fabulous outfits, great hair and makeup? Also men doing the splits whilst being tucked? She watched the whole show via her phone. I guess I'm more of those "enjoy the moment" people.

Edit - yes my grammar sucks.
    That's what so many people do at concerts. Watch it through their damn phone. I don't get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Yeah, I've pulled a total Gran Torino moment with the teenagers that party at the park across from us. I don't care about you hanging out, just pick up your damn McDonalds trash. I get leaving the alcohol beverages behind, but it's annoying to see them toss out the fast food trash.
    Not just teenagers either, just yesterday saw some middle aged asshole throw a fast food bag out of his car window. Gran Torino, not an Eastwood fan, but I love that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Was that during a Royal appearance? (Just trying to get back on subject).
    arie_skop likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yes lol
    and 'big beer'
    and department stores
    and hooters
    and ESPN
    and mayonaise
    oh no not hooters, oh dearie dear dear
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Went to a metal concert behind a guy with an iPad. Recording with that huge thing, I couldn't see shit. It sucked.

Back to the subject at hand, I don't think avocado toast is such a big deal. It looks gross but it's not a scandal. The British rags are really grasping at straws. I'm not team Meghan yet (probably will never be) but she gets a pass for this one.
    Angeli likes this.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I'm team Grandma. Look how cute she is. That will be me when I'm 80, rocking pink glasses and admiring the young'uns.
    “You think I look like like a clown?” Kourtney shot back. “Well, you look you just won the Tour de France and you’re cycling around town.”

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Went to a metal concert behind a guy with an iPad. Recording with that huge thing, I couldn't see shit. It sucked.

Back to the subject at hand, I don't think avocado toast is such a big deal. It looks gross but it's not a scandal. The British rags are really grasping at straws. I'm not team Meghan yet (probably will never be) but she gets a pass for this one.
    I find it so annoying when people sit there filming the concert!

I don't understand the big deal about avocado on toast. Smashed Avocado toast is pretty popular in Australia especially in Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by denny View Post
    I'm team Grandma. Look how cute she is. That will be me when I'm 80, rocking pink glasses and admiring the young'uns.
    She looks like the only one enjoying the moment! I'm team Grandma too. I'll be rocking various animal prints and crazy colors.
    arie_skop and denny like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    the daily mail. and old, right wing people in general who are constantly bitching about how millennials are killing shopping malls, aren't buying houses, aren't getting married at 25 the way older generations did, are delaying having kids, don't want to live in the suburbs, etc... all the things that defined american and more broadly anglo-saxon culture. it's like a joke at this point. and sure, part of it is lifestyle shift but what these old farts don't realise is millennials are also starting off their lives with way more debt than previous generations, no job stability, and no money to spend on shopping and buying a house and getting married and having babies.

They said all this same stuff about the baby boomers, too -- wondering why women were going to grad school instead of getting married and having babies, fussing because the boomers were getting married later and not moving to the suburbs, etc. But the baby boomers got around to it eventually and many of the millenials will, too, if they can afford it.
    denny, Trixie, Kittylady and 2 others like this.

Meghan Markle accused of making Prince Harry 'grumpy,' 'high maintenance'

Meghan Markle has been accused of changing Prince Harry's personality for the worse since their royal wedding in May 2018, according to royal insiders.
    Duncan Larcombe, a veteran royal reporter, lamented that Harry and Markle have shunned the press since getting married — and he hinted that Markle isn't beloved by the Duke of Sussex's close friends and palace staff.
    "They basically blanked the media on this tour, which is very short-sighted," Larcombe complained to The New York Post.
    "All of Harry's staff have always thought he was fantastic, but the two of them [together] are high maintenance" Larcombe added, noting that Harry has allegedly been "quite grumpy and aloof from his own inner circle of staff. Harry was always very pally with [them], so this is very unlike him ... What people love about Harry is that he wears his heart on his sleeve. He's down to earth, a normal guy trapped in the royal world, and he doesn't take himself very seriously. But now he is."

Larcombe claimed that Markle's demands are unlike those of other royals, perhaps due to her Hollywood pedigree.
    "As an actress, Meghan expects perfection," he said. "But when you’re in the royal family, you have to learn that it’s not about you, it's about what you represent."
    Another palace insider accused Markle of being a social climber.
    "In the early days, Harry's closest friends tried to help Meghan out when she was the new girl on the block," the insider said, "but she didn't really need them after she got the ring on her finger."

A friend of Markle's told the outlet that the 37-year-old former "Suits" star "is a great girl — the kind you can go and have a drink with. She's always there for her friends and is extremely loyal ... [but] she's ballsy. She's unashamedly ambitious — she has a great work ethic — and I can only imagine how that's gone down inside the palace."
    Reps for Kensington Palace did not immediately return Fox News' request for comment.
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...gh-maintenance
    rollo likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

czb

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    "In the early days, Harry's closest friends tried to help Meghan out when she was the new girl on the block," the insider said, "but she didn't really need them after she got the ring on her finger."

piers, is that you??

Another palace insider accused Markle of being a social climber.
    Wow, that's a profound thought. People marrying into money and royalty are never accused of that whether it's true or not.

A friend of Markle's told the outlet that the 37-year-old former "Suits" star "is a great girl — the kind you can go and have a drink with. She's always there for her friends and is extremely loyal ... [but] she's ballsy. She's unashamedly ambitious — she has a great work ethic — and I can only imagine how that's gone down inside the palace."
    She's testicle-y and you know how royals detest genitalia. And I like how "the kind you can go and have a drink with" in this context is basically calling her a scullery maid.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    And I like how "the kind you can go and have a drink with" in this context is basically calling her a scullery maid.
    "Certainly not suitable for the Royal Family," a random Brit left unsaid.

Valid point, Waterslide. Americans. Tsk.

Having a good work ethic is go down marvously with HRH QEII as she herself has one.
    Kittylady likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Meghan Markle accused of making Prince Harry 'grumpy,' 'high

Larcombe claimed that Markle's demands are unlike those of other royals, he said. "But when you’re in the royal family, you have to learn that it’s not about you, it's about what you represent."
    This^...I just realized this is why she rubs me the wrong way. Even when she’s seems to be participating in worthy causes , I feel like it’s more about her than the cause .
    A*O, bootspaige, rollo and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Labelwhore View Post
    This^...I just realized this is why she rubs me the wrong way. Even when she’s seems to be participating in worthy causes , I feel like it’s more about her than the cause .
    I get the same impression. She makes the cause about her, perfect photo opportunity.
    Nevan, emkat and DawnM74 like this.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information