Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Like Tree3713Likes

Thread: The continuing saga of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

czb

yeah, i have to agree with you, the dishware is not pretty.

but is it kosher that this guest took pics and put it on SM?? that seems pretty inappropriate ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Avocados are cheap down here in the South West US. I usually go to the Mexican store for produce. It's better and cheaper than regular grocery stores. That being said, there was a recent article that the drug cartels are now taking over Mexican avocado farmers because of how popular avacodos are now with all the trendy snowflakes. Someone was saying to boycott Mexican grown avocados. Sorry, I like 4 for one dollar as opposed to one for a dollar.
    Four for a dollar is just dreaming, lady. Here they are a steal for $1. They are usually $1.50-2 each.
    czb, Waterslide, Mrs P and 5 others like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

A*O

Yes, taking food pics is very tacky, especially at a royal tea party.
    czb, rollo and DawnM74 like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I like the teapot.
    palta likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

This is just another example of people being outraged at Meghan for the sake of being outraged at Meghan. They've known each other a long time and based on his comments this is something that they have been doing together for years. It would be far more shallow to start serving up dinky cucumber sandwiches and inedible fruit cake simply because she's a duchess now.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    yeah, i have to agree with you, the dishware is not pretty.

but is it kosher that this guest took pics and put it on SM?? that seems pretty inappropriate ....
    It's definitely not going to make William like her more .
    rollo likes this.

There is or was a place in the Wisconsin Dells called Paul Bunyan's and it was basically a log cabin tourist attraction with really hearty American breakfasts and they served everything on metal plates or in metal mugs to make you feel old timey and that's what the plates remind me of.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Good for her, I for one love avocados. And roach truffles.
    LOL! But I say, those are proper Sandringham roaches!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    This is just another example of people being outraged at Meghan for the sake of being outraged at Meghan. They've known each other a long time and based on his comments this is something that they have been doing together for years. It would be far more shallow to start serving up dinky cucumber sandwiches and inedible fruit cake simply because she's a duchess now.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It sounded more like an a snack with a friend than actual afternoon tea.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    There is or was a place in the Wisconsin Dells called Paul Bunyan's and it was basically a log cabin tourist attraction with really hearty American breakfasts and they served everything on metal plates or in metal mugs to make you feel old timey and that's what the plates remind me of.

LOL! But I say, those are proper Sandringham roaches!

That's exactly what I was thinking. It sounded more like an a snack with a friend than actual afternoon tea.
    Given how thin she is I’d say this was her main meal of the day. Had it been Waity Katie, I’d have said week........ lol!
    Waterslide and lindsaywhit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Given how thin she is I’d say this was her main meal of the day. Had it been Waity Katie, I’d have said week........ lol!
    Lol, true. And avocados are terribly fattening after all...
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Bronze Member

I thought pictures can not be taking in the palace?
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KingProtea View Post

Call the guards!

(I can't wait for The Windsors to come back.)
    Waterslide and Ravenna like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Except no one was actually anything close to outraged. One person said it looked bland, another mentioned a lack of scones, and an etiquette expert said it was unusual -- hardly strongly worded condemnations. Nothing to see here, just the Daily Fail making a whole article out of nothing, as they tend to do.
    Kittylady, Sarzy, effie2 and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KingProtea View Post
    There was a rumour that SHE was allegedly caught taking pictures of some rooms in the early days. Definitely no pics in Nott Cottage or wherever they are going next. These are Crown residences, not actually theirs. Extremely tacky to post food pics. Paul Burrell was roundly condemned for publishing pics of Diana's Kensington Palace apartment after she had died. I mean, if Meghan and Harry are going to scream about their privacy, it makes no sense whatsoever to have your friends (however longstanding) post bragging pics about their visits. And yes, this is another stick to beat Meghan with but it's her fault if her friends get their phones out.
    czb, Waterslide and DawnM74 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I agree. I have no problem with food pics if you're at a restaurant (and even then not a very expensive place) or in your own house...in fact, I like food pics. But it wouldn't even occur to me to take a food pic in my friend's house and my friends aren't royal or famous. And great, maybe he did ask permission, but she should have said no. Not trying to beat her with a stick, because I don't care that much and I just thought the story was humorous, but that's common sense under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I've been there!
    Waterslide likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information