Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree3713Likes

Thread: The continuing saga of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

She's got a baby to birth and maybe two more after which will keep her busy and take her mind off the fact that she'll be in the suburbs with no friends and only Harry to talk to. I have no special feelings about her either way. She's lucky to be photogenic and so far she's been poised in public. After seeing photos wearing a one shouldered gown she looked very at home with being a glam event host, like she was back in showbiz.
    effie2, Labelwhore, Indya and 2 others like this.

Apparently Mm had a secret instagram account

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...027bb948d3513a

Elite Member

OK, every time I see "bolthole" I read "butthole."

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    OK, every time I see "bolthole" I read "butthole."
    Exact same here
    Waterslide, tulip, MsDark and 1 others like this.

^I kept thinking, look it's not Kensington Palace but no reason to call it a butthole...oh.

Anyway you guys, Meghan should start packing up to go back to the colonies because she's committed her biggest faux pas yet: avocado toast. At afternoon TEA. The horror.

Meghan's VERY unorthodox afternoon tea: Friend reveals Duchess served him avocado toast on silver plates, Sandringham truffles and a cuppa at Kensington Palace - but royal fans are NOT impressed by the 'bland' snack

• Duchess of Sussex hosted her make-up artist for afternoon tea over the weekend
    • Pregnant Meghan is thought to have invited Daniel Martin to Kensington Palace
    • Daniel shared a photo of the spread served by the 'consummate hostess'
    • Enjoyed black tea, 'Sandringham' truffles and avocado toast on silver plates

By STEPHANIE LINNING FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 06:05 EST, 21 January 2019 | UPDATED: 10:34 EST, 21 January 2019

The Duchess of Sussex's make-up artist revealed the unorthodox spread served by the royal when he joined her for afternoon tea over the weekend.

Pregnant Meghan, who is expecting her first child with Prince Harry this spring, is understood to have invited US-based beauty guru Daniel Martin for an intimate catch-up at Kensington Palace while he was in London.

The pair enjoyed black tea, posh 'Sandringham' coffee truffles and slices of avocado toast served on silver crockery.

Daniel, who was responsible for Meghan's wedding make-up:, delighted fans by sharing a snap of the spread, writing: 'Back to our Tig days...

'Thank you Meghan for being the consummate hostess this weekend and still being the #avocadotoast whisperer, YUM! #foodie #foodiegram.'

While many fans were impressed by the 'down to earth' Duchess' choice of snack, others claimed the avocado toast looked 'bland'.

+6

American make-up artist Daniel Martin shared a photo of the afternoon tea served by the Duchess at Kensington Palace. The pair enjoyed black tea, Fortnum and Mason's 'Sandringham' coffee truffles and smashed avocado toast, served on silver plates

Earlier today the Duchess of Sussex made a visit to the Mayhew Animal Home, of which she is now a patron of, wearing a beige H&M maternity dress and Armani coat.

But tonight, as she attends a performance of Cirque du Soleil at the Royal Albert Hall alongside the Duke of Sussex, she brought all the glam in this Roland Mouret dress, which she styled with her beloved Givenchy satin clutch, Stuart Weitzman 'Nudistsong' sandals and Princess Diana's gold bracelet.

It’s no secret that the royal loves the brand having worn the designer on numerous occasions, but this has to be our favorite look by far.

The sequin embellished dress is perfect for such a regal occasion with the maxi length. It carries all the signature styles of Roland Mouret with the ruffle draping the slit-front and boat neck design… a key feature for any Meghan look!

Sparkle in style at your next event by clicking (right) to buy her dress or get the look with one of our embellished picks including Teri Jon, Galvan and Badgley Mischka plus a steal of a deal from TNFC!

One commented: 'I'm surprised there isn't any chopped red onion and diced pimento in there to give it some colour and taste. These look very bland to me!'

Another pointed out the unusual take on afternoon tea, writing: 'I thought hi-tea in London must have scones.'

The photo features the sort of stylish 'flat lay' that was once commonplace on Meghan's Instagram account and now defunct blog, The Tig.

Both Meghan and Daniel tucked into two modest slices of seeded toast smothered in avocado, washing them down with cups of tea apparently served without milk.

+6

Behind the scenes: Daniel Martin, pictured, who did Meghan's wedding day make-up, offered a rare look at the private life of the Duchess of Sussex with his photo of afternoon tea

+6

Gushing: Daniel, a long-time friend of the Duchess, shared details of the casual meet-up on his Instagram account, describing Meghan as the 'consummate hostess'

Etiquette expert offers his take on Meghan's afternoon tea

MailOnline columnist and etiquette expert William Hanson said: 'Smashed avocado on toast is not usually seen on tea menus, in hotels or private houses, so it is a somewhat unusual choice.
    'Avocado is usually seen on breakfast or brunch menus; nowadays it is very much a morning food.
    'However, I am a great believer in the "your house, your rules" school of thought so if HRH The Duchess of Sussex wishes to serve it at her teas then good luck to her.
    'I’m sure it was followed up with a delicious granola and hemp vegan scone.'

Fittingly, the chocolates are Fortnum and Mason's £13.95 Sandringham Coffee Truffles, which were served directly from the royal retailer's distinctive blue box.

The crockery was elegantly mismatched, with a brushed blue ceramic tea pot and cup sitting in contrast with the formal scalloped edged silver saucer and side plates.

Daniel, who has known Meghan for a number of years, discreetly shared details of the afternoon tea's venue by geo tagging his Instagram post 'London, United Kingdom'.

+6

Uninspired: Some fans were left unimpressed by the Duchess' choice of 'bland' avocado toast

It suggests the photo was taken at the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Kensington Palace residence.

The photo offers a rare, intimate look at the Duchess' life behind palace walls. It suggests she still finds ways to enjoy private and relaxed moments with friends.

Daniel has previously spoken publicly of the products he used to create the royal's radiant looks.

+6

Thrilled: Others praised the 'down to earth' Duchess for whipping up a snack herself
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...er-plates.html
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

that monster. who does she think she is, fucking up centuries of British tea tradition with weird fruit from the colonies? Also, avocados are expensive, how much did those cost? Kate is much more frugal and only serves (100% British) soda crackers from a tin that’s at least 3 years old.
    Last edited by sputnik; January 21st, 2019 at 01:19 PM.
    Waterslide, czb, Sarzy and 20 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Tax payers paying for avocados while Kate is recycling fruit cake from 2015.

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Good for her, I for one love avocados. And roach truffles.
    Waterslide and denny like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post

Reading that article, it’s incredibly sad that people are so nasty about her that she is in fear of being physically attacked. I know I keep saying it, but I don’t understand that hate and vitriol towards her. Holding her stomach, not understanding archaic traditions that she didn’t grow up in, being biracial, and liking to show affection towards her spouse are not capital offenses. She has done literally nothing to make her so hated that she legitimately thinks that people will harm her. It’s just ridiculous and if the hate is a result of a certain culture, that culture needs to change. I don’t care how long it’s been around. I’m sure that if the stress sent her into early labor, some people would say she somehow gave birth early to get attention. It’s bizarre.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Elite Member

I love avocado toast. I'm so basic, I know. Sprinkle some Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel seasoning on it, and I'm all set.

I hate egg salad, but I will eat it for tea on squishy white bread.

I ll make an avocado and egg salad tomorrow,lots of fresh onions and lemon,some olive oil and dill!
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Avocados are cheap down here in the South West US. I usually go to the Mexican store for produce. It's better and cheaper than regular grocery stores. That being said, there was a recent article that the drug cartels are now taking over Mexican avocado farmers because of how popular avacodos are now with all the trendy snowflakes. Someone was saying to boycott Mexican grown avocados. Sorry, I like 4 for one dollar as opposed to one for a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post

well it’s not secret any more is it?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    that monster. who does she think she is, fucking up centuries of British tea tradition with weird fruit from the colonies? Also, avocados are expensive, how much did those cost? Kate is much more frugal and only serves (100% British) soda crackers from a tin that’s at least 3 years old.
    expensive? Are they? I eat them all the time 70p-80p each or 2 for £1.50-ish???

Anyway the RF won’t appreciate the delicate taste since they all smoke.

Regarding Avacados it depends on the size and if they are ready ripeand/ or organic. The large ready ripe ones I get are usually around £1 each.
    Novice likes this.

A*O

I’m more concerned about the hideous crockery she used. “Silver” my arse.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information