Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree964Likes

Thread: The continuing saga of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

So even with the Charles and Camilla scandal, Prince Andrew and the underage girls, Fergie selling out the royals, the daughters not working and one of them dating a guy who was living with his baby mama, Meghan is the one dragging down this family? Ih let's not forget when that rugby player was cheating on Zara. Lol. Also, she wrote a letter to her dad so that he would sell it to the tabloids because..... I think now people are just reaching. I've never been particularly close with my dad as my dad. I bought him a cell phone years ago and taught him to text. This way I do not have to talk to him on the phone. If we dont communicate by texting then it will be through email. I feel uncomfortable talking to him over the phone. It's so much easier to do it that way and avoid awkward phone conversations. And yes, my email and text start out Hi daddy.

^ Most of those are old scandals except for the Prince Andrew one and Beatrice's current boyfriend which have both been commented on. It's not like the rest of the family is perfect but they don't go on and on trying to change and correct the narrative. Besides, she is new and supposed to be learning her job.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Yeah the fact that this pretty unexceptional family dysfunction and her slightly different way of doing things are getting more traction, when Andrew’s fucking underage girls, partying with paedophiles and cozying up to the Saudis, prove there’s a whole lot of bad faith and some nasty attitudes towards foreigners underlying the British public’s reaction to Meaghan. You know if she were following the rule book like a total sycophant they’d be blasting her for trying too hard or pretending to be British.
    Of course she wrote that letter to her father knowing he’d sell it, and it was a smart PR move. There’s also no way it was sent without the palace’s approval. As for her friends speaking anonymously to the press, that also happened after they hired the new PR guy so I’m not buying that she went rogue, it’s a classic PR damage control move and I bet they went with the american press as a snub to the British tabloids for having her idiot dad on the payroll, so now they’re pissed because they got bypassed.
    Last edited by sputnik; February 11th, 2019 at 08:56 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ Most of those are old scandals except for the Prince Andrew one and Beatrice's current boyfriend which have both been commented on. It's not like the rest of the family is perfect but they don't go on and on trying to change and correct the narrative. Besides, she is new and supposed to be learning her job.
    So adultery and sleeping with underage girls is a lesser offense than having friends make harmless comments in support of them. Wow

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I honestly cannot remember any other member of the RF - born or marital - getting the amount of venom directed at them as consistently or as long as Meghan has been. Even Camilla didn't get it so rough from the press. meanwhile the behaviour of Andrew alone has been morally abhorrent and certainly illegal but that was treated as a flash in the media's pan.

So Meghan wrote to her father and - as expected - he sold her out so the press trash her. But when she wasn't in contact with him previously - because he sold her out - the press trashed her for it. What exactly is she supposed to do?

However in defence of the British public Meghan seems to have been mostly well received by people on her engagements and I personally haven't heard anyone in my varied friend groups slating her, and certainly not to the extent that the British tabloids would have the world believe is the common feeling amongst Brits. The U.S has Cheetolini emboldening and acting as a rallying cry for the fanatics to rail on anyone not seen to be 'Murrican enough (I.e. white or male) and we have the same thing happening with the right wing Brexiteers. To judge us all by their standards is as fair as judging all Americans by Trumpteer standards.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    So adultery and sleeping with underage girls is a lesser offense than having friends make harmless comments in support of them. Wow
    Where did I say that? "Wow."

I think Andrew's case is being heard sub judice which is why we don't hear much about it. Of course it's serious as if that needs stating in a Meghan thread.

What I'm getting from this is that 'Meghan isn't that bad' and that 'PR damage control is legitimate.' So why has she had so much need for damage control already? What is wrong with her learning the ropes and doing the minimum until she knows what she's doing? Because she doesn't.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I honestly cannot remember any other member of the RF - born or marital - getting the amount of venom directed at them as consistently or as long as Meghan has been. Even Camilla didn't get it so rough from the press. meanwhile the behaviour of Andrew alone has been morally abhorrent and certainly illegal but that was treated as a flash in the media's pan.

So Meghan wrote to her father and - as expected - he sold her out so the press trash her. But when she wasn't in contact with him previously - because he sold her out - the press trashed her for it. What exactly is she supposed to do?

However in defence of the British public Meghan seems to have been mostly well received by people on her engagements and I personally haven't heard anyone in my varied friend groups slating her, and certainly not to the extent that the British tabloids would have the world believe is the common feeling amongst Brits. The U.S has Cheetolini emboldening and acting as a rallying cry for the fanatics to rail on anyone not seen to be 'Murrican enough (I.e. white or male) and we have the same thing happening with the right wing Brexiteers. To judge us all by their standards is as fair as judging all Americans by Trumpteer standards.
    Labelwhore and BelledeJour like this.

Brexit is the Brits’ own fault for letting the right wing manipulate their xenophobia, and anxiety due to growing economic instability and disparity (caused by the right wing a couple of decades prior, ironically, though the electorate was too dumb to understand that). The only ones I feel bad for are the ones who voted “remain” and got fucked by their compatriots. Its also not a fucking coincidence that this is the welcome a foreign half black royal is getting in the current political climate. But no, let’s blame it on her minor deviations from royal protocol, the fact that she doesn’t always wear British designers, stilettos during pregnancy and her loose bits of hair. Oh and early morning texting.

I mean, I have no great love for markle, she was a crap actress on a mediocre show (and the worst character on that to boot), and she’s a total climber (just like Kate!), though I do respect her ambition, and unlike Kate she had a career other than waiting for her boyfriend to propose. And I get finding her annoying. However the refusal to see the bigger picture of what her arrival into the British family represents, in the current climate, and the denial about the fact that it’s not the minor rule breaking that has people (by which I mean the British public, I am not pointing fingers) overreacting but rather the fact that a half black self made woman is refusing to genuflect so to speak and is maintaining at least a modicum of independence through very minor breaches of protocol, well... we judge perceived outsiders more harshly, all the more if they’re women and/or people of colour. That’s just a fact.
    anyhoo, that’s enough marklefesfos for today. In my defence i am in the middle of a very long layover.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

That's spot on, thanks Sput. I wish I could articulate like you
    sputnik likes this.
    -

i respect sputs take though i do not totally agree with it.my reasons for disliking her are not included on the megafesto!lol
    sputnik and A*O like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    So even with the Charles and Camilla scandal, Prince Andrew and the underage girls, Fergie selling out the royals, the daughters not working and one of them dating a guy who was living with his baby mama, Meghan is the one dragging down this family? Ih let's not forget when that rugby player was cheating on Zara. Lol. Also, she wrote a letter to her dad so that he would sell it to the tabloids because..... I think now people are just reaching. I've never been particularly close with my dad as my dad. I bought him a cell phone years ago and taught him to text. This way I do not have to talk to him on the phone. If we dont communicate by texting then it will be through email. I feel uncomfortable talking to him over the phone. It's so much easier to do it that way and avoid awkward phone conversations. And yes, my email and text start out Hi daddy.
    Mike Tendall cheated on Zara?? No, please not. They are one of my favourite couples.

A*O

Yes, he was on a rugby tour in New Zealand as I recall. Zara found out and quickly put a stop to it by removing his balls with rusty spoon.
    teforde23, tulip, palta and 2 others like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Bronze Member

George Clooney compares Markle coverage to Princess Di

Amal Clooney and George Clooney arrive for the wedding ceremony of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at St. George's Chapel in Windsor Castle in Windsor, near London, England, Saturday, May 19, 2018. (Gareth Fuller/pool photo via AP)

The Associated Press
    Published Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:47AM EST
    Last Updated Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:55AM EST
    LOS ANGELES -- George Clooney is frustrated by the way the media is treating Meghan Markle, comparing it to how the media covered Princess Diana.

Clooney told reporters the American actress who became the Duchess of Sussex is "a woman who is seven months pregnant and she has been pursued and vilified and chased in the same way that Diana was and it's history repeating itself."
    RELATED STORIES

Diana died in a car crash while being pursued by paparazzi in 1997.
    Clooney and his wife attended Markle's wedding to Diana's son, Prince Harry, last year.
    Clooney made the comments at the Television Critics Association conference in Pasadena, California. He is promoting his upcoming Hulu series "Catch-22."

Sometimes George just needs to STFU. When has she been chased and pursued?? Please.
    Mrs P, Oasis, emkat and 5 others like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Completely different coverage and situation.
    I don't agree with George, was he one of the five friends...
    effie2 and DawnM74 like this.

Thread Information