Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
Like Tree5014Likes

Thread: The continuing saga of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Elite Member

I'd never heard of Meghan Markle before she became engaged to Prince Harry, so I don't know what kind of reputation she had before her wedding (although a lot of unflattering things have been written about her since then). But it must be hard dealing with all this family drama. Her mother was the picture of class at the wedding -- so gracious, so poised, so supportive. But her father's side of the family comes across as so low-class and demanding, particularly Samantha Markle. No wonder Meghan Markle wants to keep them at arms length.
    Sarzy, HWBL, lindsaywhit and 11 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    Lol easyjet.

I'm surprised she is going on this trip.
    Maybe the bump has a separate seat?

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    I'd never heard of Meghan Markle before she became engaged to Prince Harry, so I don't know what kind of reputation she had before her wedding (although a lot of unflattering things have been written about her since then). But it must be hard dealing with all this family drama. Her mother was the picture of class at the wedding -- so gracious, so poised, so supportive. But her father's side of the family comes across as so low-class and demanding, particularly Samantha Markle. No wonder Meghan Markle wants to keep them at arms length.
    No one had heard of her.
    effie2, arie_skop, emkat and 2 others like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

no way she would miss a three outfit a day show...lol
    arie_skop and DawnM74 like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    They will tell us she's a great mum...

Quick trip coming up:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...duchess-seven/
    I thought this comment on tne Telegraph article was a good one. So true , Princess Ann performs her duties admirably and with grace...but no one pays attention.
    "...girls’ education and youth empowerment". More Hillary/Obama-style virtue signalling. Yesterday Princess Anne did four engagements in Northern Ireland, but the press didn't report it. Harry and Meghan seldom go far from London, unless, as here, it's to some attractive location abroad.
    arie_skop and DawnM74 like this.

Plenty of people in the US knew who Meghan Markle was before she got married. I didn’t even watch Suits and knew who she was. People outside of the States may not have known who she was though, just like many people from the US have never heard of people who are celebs in the U.K. She was certainly no Beyoncé.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

i think she was doing something in a tv game show..like the wheel of fortune with less clothes on.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    i think she was doing something in a tv game show..like the wheel of fortune with less clothes on.
    She was a “briefcase girl” on Deal or No Deal with Howie Mandel.
    effie2 and arie_skop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Labelwhore View Post
    I thought this comment on tne Telegraph article was a good one. So true , Princess Ann performs her duties admirably and with grace...but no one pays attention.
    "...girls’ education and youth empowerment". More Hillary/Obama-style virtue signalling. Yesterday Princess Anne did four engagements in Northern Ireland, but the press didn't report it. Harry and Meghan seldom go far from London, unless, as here, it's to some attractive location abroad.
    Princess Ann is a professional, she doesnt make the visits and duties about her, or want to promote herself.

Meanwhile, the bananas were never given out to the sex workers:

But according to reports these messages were never handed out.
    Instead the bananas were put into a cake at One25's Bristol headquarters.

When she visited the charity on February 1, the 37-year-old Duchess of Sussex wrote notes including "You are special", "You are brave" and "You are loved".
    Amy Sutcliffe, who works at the charity, told The Sun that as there was only a "limited number" of bananas, they were put into a cake instead.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-were-13973586

Quote Originally Posted by Labelwhore View Post
    But... er,... isn't part of the point to bring attention to the things they attend??? I mean, seriously... sometimes this gets a bit absurd. Can't we have different people with different strengths, talents and personalities each contributing in their own unique way?

Jesus. The pummeling this woman gets for working - for presumably trying to do her job. People don't like her - fine. Even so, can't she be measured by the spotlight and encouragement she brings to her charities, etc. Does anyone really think these groups are disappointed when the Queen hands them over to Meghan???

I knew who she was. Didn’t watch Suits but saw her in Horrible Bosses and something else.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

What drama.
    I think her friends should've kept quiet.

The dad has released the letter to the press.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ft-father.html

Edit - oops didn't see the post above me.
    Her dad is such a dick. He's sold the letter she sent him. Rest of it in the link.

The full content of a sensational letter written by the Duchess of Sussex to her estranged father shortly after her wedding can be revealed for the first time today.Its existence emerged last week after five close friends of the Duchess gave anonymous interviews to an American celebrity magazine.They said the Duchess was so upset by her father Thomas Markle’s public attacks on her and Prince Harry that she penned the anguished letter begging him to patch up their differences privately.But last night Mr Markle said the letter, extracts of which are published today by The Mail on Sunday, is far from conciliatory and has left him feeling ‘devastated’.

The bombshell five-page letter, sent in August last year, lays bare the true depths of the Duchess’s estrangement from her father. In elegant script, she accuses him of breaking her heart ‘into a million pieces’ by giving interviews to the press, fabricating stories and attacking her new husband.The Duchess also admonishes her father, in anguished tones, for siding with her half-sister Samantha – who has attacked her in the press – while she ‘silently suffered at the hand of her vicious lies’.

She goes on to complain that Mr Markle has made no attempt to contact her – and chastises him for falsely telling journalists he is the one who has been shunned – a criticism her father vehemently refutes.She also accuses her father of snubbing her and Prince Harry’s offers to help when he pulled out of attending their wedding following two heart attacks and accuses him of being ungrateful for money she has given him.The former award-winning Hollywood lighting director, who now lives in Mexico, said that he never intended to make the handwritten missive public ‘out of respect for Meghan’ – but says he has been forced to do so now because its contents have been falsely portrayed.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ft-father.html
    arie_skop and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Thanks for posting the article, I couldn't edit my original post.
    Sarzy likes this.

Get out, that letter sounds totally made up. Weird, like British angsty chick lit.
    arie_skop likes this.

yep, that letter seems a bit odd. "dear daddy..."

why didnt she just call him back then, this is beyond a joke now.
    fgg likes this.

Thread Information