Page 138 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139 LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2071
Like Tree8209Likes

Thread: The continuing saga of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    So this is based around a tweet by Quentin Letts. The same Quentin Letts who regularly wrote for The Daily Mail? Who has been accused of racism, misogyny and forced to apologise for mocking a disabled television presenter?

Well it must be true, then...
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Are Quentin Letts and Donald trump the same person?
    Was just going to say the same! They literally sound like the same person.
    Kittylady likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Dooley, who recently became engaged to Sandra Bazan, 24, added: 'People have labelled Meghan's American family as hillbillies and a freak show but I'm building a business the old-fashioned way with hard work and lots of sweat.
    'The farm is organic and sustainable. It's ironic my aunt and Prince Harry go on about being such great eco-warriors and yet they carry on jetting around on private planes. I think we're doing more for the planet than my aunt Meghan is.'
    This is not American-speak. This is British-speak.

They don't even have to try anymore, do they? The (non-racist) Meghan critics just spew out anything that comes to mind. Lainey made a good point today - so if Meghan and Harry are the ONE OFF-LIMITS TOPIC, could someone please ask her majesty about Andrew's dead pedo friend?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Such bullshit.
    It's tenuous bullshit, too. This isn't even a friend of a friend who supposedly dropped this nugget, it's a friend of an acquaintance. That's right up there with "my cousin's hairdressers niece".

Also, The Queen has been gracefully dealing with people, heads of state and topics of conversation that she wouldn't particularly care for for the last sixty-something years. I don't think she rattles that easily.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

It's different when it's your own family though. She did have an "annus horribilis" with all the divorces. Also she's getting on in years now. It wouldn't hurt to please her (plus she's the sovereign!)
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

That's right. Leave memaw A-Lone!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Also, itís pretty insulting the daily fail is inferring sheís more worried about Meghan and harry than her stupid but favourite son with the paedo bff, or the idiot assclown of a PM asking her to suspend parliament so he can carry on with his assrape of the country, its economy and future.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She's probably worried about all of it. In fact, Charles is the one who doesn't look worried.

Why should Charles worry? He clearly likes Meghan, and he’s been looking for ways to push Andy and his spawn out and no doubt once the queen kicks it, it’s one of the first things he’ll do.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

BBC apologises to Prince Harry over ‘race traitor’ image

Broadcaster says it should have warned Duke of Sussex before publishing neo-Nazi material

Caroline Davies
    Wed 18 Sep 2019 08.39 EDTLast modified on Wed 18 Sep 2019 09.27 EDT

The BBC report caused Prince Harry’s family ‘great distress’ while his wife, Meghan, was pregnant, the Duke of Sussex’s spokesperson said.
    The BBC has apologised for failing to warn the Duke of Sussex before broadcasting and publishing online an image from a neo-Nazi social media group that called him a “race traitor” and depicted the royal with a gun pointed at his head.

The image, published on BBC Online and broadcast on News at 10, was a stylised collage from an online post on a far-right platform, which also included blood splatter and a swastika, and was captioned: “See ya later race traitor. #racetraitor.”

It raised “serious security concerns” for Prince Harry and “caused his family great distress specifically while his wife was nearly five months pregnant”, a spokesperson for the duke told the Guardian.

Both the BBC internally and the broadcasting watchdog Ofcom rejected a complaint by the duke, ruling that the use of the image in a report about the activities of the group was clearly in the public interest. However, the BBC has now apologised for not warning the Duke and Duchess of Sussex before broadcast and online publication in December last year.

The corporation said it recognised that “before publishing seriously offensive material we need to be vigilant in balancing the impact on individuals against the wider good which may be served by publication”.

In a letter to Harry, the BBC also said it had committed to strengthen its guidance on the use of content that poses risk of offence to the individual portrayed.

Harry’s spokesperson said: “His Royal Highness welcomes the letter from the BBC relating to the shocking image published by BBC News last year as part of a report on the activities of a British neo-Nazi group with links in the US.

“His Royal Highness raised the issue with Ofcom about the rebroadcasting of this racist image due to his concerns that hateful and dangerous propaganda had been spread globally by the world’s most important public service broadcaster. Due to the credibility of the BBC, their choice to publicise this material created an open door for all other media to reproduce it.”

While welcoming the BBC’s apology, Harry did not agree with the decision to broadcast the image. “His Royal Highness maintains that instead of reproducing the image and giving a platform to something that would have only been seen by a few, it should have been described so that others would not potentially be influenced by such an inflammatory image,” the spokesperson said.

The BBC Online article, which investigated the activities of Sonnenkrieg Division, reported: “One image suggests that Prince Harry should be shot for marrying someone of mixed race and exclaims ‘see ya later race traitor’.” The BBC reduced the size of the image online the following day, and removed it two days later. The corporation said the image had been removed because public interest in the article had reduced.

Harry was the only person to complain to Ofcom about the issue.

After the BBC report, Michal Szewczuk, 19, from Leeds, who created the image, was sentenced to four years and three months in a young offender institution, after pleading guilty to two counts of encouraging terrorism and five counts of possession of terrorist material, including the White Resister Manual and an al-Qaida training manual.

Oskar Dunn-Koczorowski, 18, from Chiswick, west London, who admitted two counts of encouraging terrorism, was sentenced to an 18-month detention and training order.

The duke had complained to the BBC that publication of the image fell “below the generally accepted standards as to harmful and offensive material” and there was insufficient justification to warrant the publishing of the image, given that it had been created by the group to incite criminal action.

The BBC did not uphold the complaint, maintaining publication was in the public interest. Ofcom also did not uphold the complaint, ruling there was “clear public interest” in conveying “clearly and impactfully the offensive nature of the group’s messages” and that it was editorially justified.

Harry later discussed his concerns with the BBC’s director general, Tony Hall.

Prince Harry has spoken out on racism on several occasions. In an unprecedented statement when news of his relationship with Meghan Markle became public, he criticised “racial overtones” in reporting. Earlier this year he said “unconscious bias” passed from generation to generation could lead to racist behaviour in people who do not believe they are racist.

An Ofcom spokesperson said: “This image was highly offensive, but in our opinion, its inclusion in the article was editorially justified as it was used to condemn and illustrate the racist group’s activities, which was in the public interest.”

A BBC source said: “This was an important piece of journalism which led to the arrest, conviction and imprisonment of two members of a neo-Nazi group. The image of the Duke of Sussex was included to show the abhorrent nature of their behaviour and Ofcom has subsequently concluded that there was a clear editorial rationale for using the image which, in the context of the news report, was considered unlikely to incite crime.

“Naturally we regret the distress caused and we apologised for failing to warn Kensington Palace in advance that it was to be published.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-traitor-image

The neo-nazi only said out loud what the pearl clutchers think deep down - maybe not about the gun but definitely in the sense that that they think he’s betraying the culture by marrying markle.
    I agree they should have warned him but disagree the BBC shouldn’t have published it. Irs important for people to be aware and see with their own eyes how this type if hate is spreading and is far from being eradicated.

I don’t know (genuinely, not a figure of speech). It gives these scroats a platform & publicises the right wing group.

I don’t think that they jail terms for these kids should be made much more obvious given that they have been responsible for deaths.

But I thought the vitriol towards and hatred of these two has nothing to do with racism??

Either way, Iím glad it was published too. I actually prefer outright racism to quiet racism. People canít ignore and/or explain away the former, unlike what they do with the latter.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Read this! It's a 4 part series examining the Meghan press coverage. Only parts 1 and 2 have been posted so far.

Part 1:
    https://medium.com/@pngwrites/the-ag...e-914a4c2e50e4

Part 2:

https://medium.com/@pngwrites/the-da...e-4ae82818f6c6
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

^ I've skim read the first two parts but it doesn't appear to acknowledge that Meghan wanted the job/royal marriage and it's no secret what it would entail for the rest of her life. Secondly, the press are more constrained than they were in Diana's day, particularly with regard to children. Thirdly, I didn't see any mention of Meghan's own (many) expensive press reps who are busy putting stories in the media themselves e.g. Meghan is going to visit Diana's grave etc.

Of course it's a PITA being a royal (along with the untold perks) but apparently Harry wanted an actress/model who was used to being in the limelight and she allegedly wanted a famous Brit (the more famous the better) so there you go.

Anyone who thinks it was or would be all hearts and flowers in their 30s/nearly 40s where royalty is concerned needs a reality check. Being on display and feeding the news is probably #1 on the job description.

I only got through part one so far, but quite an interesting read. I can't imagine being a paparazzi or tabloid "journalist", lol.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Thread Information