Page 137 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2070
Like Tree8205Likes

Thread: The continuing saga of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Quote Originally Posted by BrowFilla View Post
    Do the British public expect Meghan to renounce all connection to her home country? The fact that she went to the States to watch her friend play tennis, maybe see some friends and maybe even her mom, should be considered sort of normal, no? Is she truly never allowed to go home again, and if so, she needs to row a boat across the Atlantic to save jet fuel? She left Britian for 48 hours and now she's the breaker of Serena, a continued terrible wife and mother and is single-handedly killing the environment too. How do people honestly have this opinion? The newspapers are upping to idiocy to sell papers, but people actually think this. I'm dumbfounded.

I cannot wait for the divorce announcement and all those papers that rag on her every single day to triumphantly claim that - aha! - turns out she couldn't hack it as a royal after all and is slinking her way home with a couple of kids she'll see every other month and royal alimony for life. Isn't that their goal?
    The papers like to make it seem like the British public are bothered by Meghan but I don't think most could care less.

^^^ It’s bizarre. For a while I thought it was about cultural differences that I didn’t understand. I refuse to believe that anymore. This has nothing to do with culture.

I don’t want to hear any more finger pointing and criticism of racism about racism in the US from the people acting this way towards Meghan EVER again. I’m sorry, but in my opinion, for the most part, the Meghan hate basically boils down to xenophobia and racism and I will never believe otherwise. I recognize that some people just don’t like her, which is fine, but the media is fanning the racism flames. It’s absolutely disgusting to witness. Anyone who says Kate went through the same things is lying. When did 60 minutes ever do an entire hit piece on Kate?
    sputnik, lindsaywhit, fgg and 12 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I think Meghan triggers a lot of latent racism in people who would rather set themselves on fire than consider the possibility they might harbor some racist biases. But the fact is it makes people very uncomfortable that a biracial american divorcee is living the white girl “fairy tale” of marrying a prince. So everything she is and has ever done is criticised to a ridiculously disproportionate degree and what would merely be a little annoying in a white woman is absolutely infuriating coming from her.
    And like you Nicki drea, I’m convinced that’s what the visceral hatred of Meghan boils down to and I’ve yet to hear a convincing argument to the contrary.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    The papers like to make it seem like the British public are bothered by Meghan but I don't think most could care less.
    True. Most of us are more interested in what score our local team has got in the latest match, what her three doors down was doing coming home as the sun was coming up while her husband was away, what's for dinner that night....
    Sarzy, lindsaywhit and BrickHouse like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I think if you do a venn diagram of the British population there’s probably considerable overlap between people who hate Meghan, voted for brexit and read the daily mail and/or Rupert murdoch owned rags.
    Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

There are other interesting overlaps. Massive Meghan hate-on happens in misogynist/racist subreddits like metacanada, the_Donald, and MGTOW even though she has nothing to do with Canadian or American politics or men's issues.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Yep. People who wouldn’t normally give a shit about the royals are triggered by Markle and guess what? it’s not really because she’s not wearing nude hose or because she flew private or because she guest edited vogue...

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I think Meghan triggers a lot of latent racism in people who would rather set themselves on fire than consider the possibility they might harbor some racist biases. But the fact is it makes people very uncomfortable that a biracial american divorcee is living the white girl “fairy tale” of marrying a prince. So everything she is and has ever done is criticised to a ridiculously disproportionate degree and what would merely be a little annoying in a white woman is absolutely infuriating coming from her.
    And like you Nicki drea, I’m convinced that’s what the visceral hatred of Meghan boils down to and I’ve yet to hear a convincing argument to the contrary.
    Or not so latent racism.....

It is divisive and hateful. If anything was going to be good for the rf it is/was by including the non-white % of the population into the “establishment” - also given that the Queen is Queen of lots of other (non-white) countries.
    I am horrified by some of the things blamed on her - she isn’t doing anything that Waity-Lazy-Katie is doing and yet she gets any amount of shit for it.
    Its like Brexit, the rise of Trump and then racist misogynistic violent BoJo has given these nasty pieces of work legitimacy. Britain (like the US and Europe) is a homogeneous mixture and that mixture makes us stronger!

Oh and just to make a point England has already had not one but two black Queens!
    Not that Meghan will ever be Queen.

England’s “Black” Queens

POSTED ON JANUARY 2, 2013
    2019 Note: Comments are turned off site-wide due to the frankly disgusting onslaught of racist (both leanings) messages I receive on this post almost on a daily basis. I am happy to leave the post up as when I wrote it I believed (and still do) that’s it’s an interesting little topic. Take it, or leave it, but – please – there’s no need to spend time crafting a ranting comment, as none will be approved. Thanks! Love to all (but not the racists), Erin x

When you consider historical Queens of England, you probably picture sumptuous dresses, ropes of jewels, tumbling fair or chestnut curls and peaches-and-cream complexions. Would it surprise you to know that two queens of England are now considered by some historians and genealogists to have had “black” or Moorish ancestry? Interestingly, the two ladies – whilst separated by centuries – had much in common; both were especially beloved in their lifetimes and are still remembered particularly fondly today.

Philippa of Hainault (24 June 1314 – 15 August 1369) was the Queen-Consort of Edward III. She was the daughter of the Count of Hainault in the Low Countries (now in Belgium), an area that had once been ruled by Moorish tribes. It would appear that perhaps, in Philippa, there was a genetic throwback to the darker colouring of the erstwhile rulers. Edward II sent a man to Hainault to report back on his son and heir’s mooted bride. The man gave the following feedback:

“The lady whom we saw has not uncomely hair, betwixt blue-black and brown. Her head is cleaned shaped; her forehead high and broad, and standing somewhat forward. Her face narrows between the eyes, and the lower part of her face is still more narrow and slender than the forehead. Her eyes are dark. Her nose is fairly smooth and even, save that is somewhat broad at the tip and flattened, yet it is no snub nose. Her nostrils are also broad, her mouth fairly wide. Her lips somewhat full and especially the lower lip…all her limbs are well set and unmaimed, and nought is amiss so far as a man may see. Moreover, she is brown of skin all over, and much like her father, and in all things she is pleasant enough, as it seems to us.”
    No contemporary images of Philippa exist; those that we have show a very standard, delicate featured, Caucasoid woman, absolutely nothing like the woman that the little “brown” girl described above would have grown into.
    Philippa was an avid patron of the arts, a capable regent when her husband was away warring and a prolific mother. She was known for her kindness and restraint, frequently interceding with her husband and successfully pleading for the lives of those who had been sentenced to die. Philippa also is known to be the “most royal” Queen-Consort of England due to four of her great-great-grandfathers all having been kings (of France, Aragon, Naples and Hungary).
    The eldest of her thirteen children was Edward of Woodstock, known as “The Black Prince”. It is usually said that the adult Crown Prince must have obtained this moniker due to the black armour he wore in battle against the French, however some evidence seems to show that he was referred to as “Le Noir” from childhood. Perhaps he inherited his mother’s darker complexion? His father, Edward III, was a typical Plantagenet, red-haired and ruddy.
    Moving forward more than four hundred years, Charlotte of Mecklenburg (19 May 1744 – 17 November 1818) was the Queen of Great Britain, consort of George III. A Princess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz – a small duchy within the Holy Roman Empire – she was descended via six separate lines from Margarita de Castro, the daughter of Alfonso III of Portugal and his mistress, Mourana Gil, an African of Moorish descent. It is often pointed out that there are distinct sub-Saharan aspects to portraits of Queen Charlotte, features that did not seem to be passed down to Charlotte’s grand-daughter, Queen Victoria, and through her to our current royal family.

In the in the poem penned to her on the occasion of her wedding to George III and the Coronation celebration that immediately followed, Charlotte is referred to as resembling her ‘Vandal’ ancestors (a Roman African tribal race).

Descended from the warlike Vandal race,
    She still preserves that title in her face.
    Tho’ shone their triumphs o’er Numidia’s plain,
    And and Alusian fields their name retain;
    They but subdued the southern world with arms,
    She conquers still with her triumphant charms,
    O! born for rule, – to whose victorious brow
    The greatest monarch of the north must bow.

People in the Georgian court made note of the Queen’s ‘wide nose’. Her personal physician, Baron Stockmar, said in his autobiography that the Queen had a ‘true mulatto (mixed race) face’. Like with Philippa, she wasn’t considered a beauty by the standards of the time; when King George sent out scouts to engage his bride, none of them thought her attractive, but they did agree she was healthy, amiable, and gay. Even Charles Dickens was rather mean about her; the very first page of A Tale of Two Cities dismisses her thus: “There was a king with a large jaw, and a queen with a plain face, on the throne of England.”
    There have also always been rumours that the reason for Charlotte’s unusual complexion was that she was not the legitimate daughter of the Duke of Meckenburg-Streliz, but rather the result of her mother’s affair with an man brought from Ethiopia to be a slave, who had risen high in the Russian army (one Abram Petrovich Gannibal, if you care to look him up).
    Like Queen Philippa before her, Queen Charlotte was a lover of arts and literature and tried to advance the rights of women. When her husband was struck down with his periodic fits of “madness”, she capably ruled Britain in his name. With fifteen children, thirteen of whom survived to adulthood, like Philippa she was seen as matronly and nurturing, the “mother” of the kingdom.

Both Philippa and Charlotte were removed from any potential African or Moorish ancestry by several generations; however the tendency that European royalty had to inter-marry probably preserved dominant traits and made the gene pool unusually small. It isn’t too hard to imagine that the more interesting characteristics, from the more ‘exotic’ contributors to the gene pool, might have come to the fore in a few of the European hoi-polloi, including in two women destined to become Queen-Consorts in England, and mothers to subsequent royal generations, perpetuating the ‘Moorish’ genes.

Buckingham Palace aides 'warn guests not to bring up Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to the Queen'

• Courtiers are reportedly steering visitors on to more 'polite' conversation topics
    • But a Royal insider was sceptical that guests would get any such warning
    • Queen was recently 'hurt' at Meghan's New York trip, snubbing Balmoral event

By JACK ELSOM FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 07:26, 16 September 2019 | UPDATED: 10:15, 16 September 2019

Buckingham Palace aides are advising the Queen's guests not to mention Prince Harry and Meghan Markle during their audience with Her Majesty, it is claimed.
    With the Duke and Duchess of Sussex grabbing headlines around the globe each day, many household guests are keen to discuss the young Royals with the monarch.
    But flunkies have allegedly begun to clamp down on this popular line of questioning and are informally steering visitors on to more 'polite' conversation topics, it is claimed.

+2

Buckingham Palace aides are reportedly advising the Queen's guests not to mention Prince Harry and Meghan Markle during their audience with Her Majesty

'Courtiers were aware the Sussexes are all anyone wants to ask her about,' a source told the Sun.
    'So to nip it in the bud some have taken to having a quiet word with some guests awaiting an audience with the Queen.'
    Buckingham Palace said it does not comment on stories involving private or public audiences with Her Majesty.

But a Royal source was sceptical guests would get such a warning, saying: 'I’d question the veracity of these reports.'
    However, an experience of a recent visitor of the Queen relayed to journalist Quentin Letts appeared to contradict this belief.
    Last week he tweeted: 'Friend of an acquaintance was about to go riding with HMQ [Her Majesty the Queen].

+2

With the Duke and Duchess of Sussex grabbing headlines across the globe each day, many household guests are keen to discuss the young Royals with the monarch

'Was given very firm advice. 'Talk about anything except one subject.' Brexit? 'No. The Sussexes.''
    Rumours have begun to swirl that the Queen is growing tired of Meghan's snubbing of Royal Family occasions.
    The Mail on Sunday understands the Queen was 'hurt and disappointed' when Meghan made a last-minute dash to New York to watch Serena Williams in the tennis instead of joining the Royals in Balmoral as planned.
    The annual Highland holiday is the Queen's favourite time of the year and she was, according to a source, looking forward to 'a few days of merry chaos' with the great-grandchildren, including Archie.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Sussexes.html
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Rumours have begun to swirl that the Queen is growing tired of Meghan's snubbing of Royal Family occasions.
    Gee, Daily Mail, who could possibly be trying to swirl that rumor pot?

These fricking tabloids make up stories on the slimmest (or no) evidence at all, then report on each other's stories. It's insane.

If they hate her so much you’d think they’d be happy she wasn’t there, no? Or, alternately, this is all made up and basically a figment of some asshole daily mail writer’s imagination.

'Was given very firm advice. 'Talk about anything except one subject.' Brexit? 'No. The Sussexes.''
    yeah, #thathappened
    Almost as much as Renee zellweger’s London tube story really happened
    Last edited by sputnik; September 16th, 2019 at 08:16 AM.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

So this is based around a tweet by Quentin Letts. The same Quentin Letts who regularly wrote for The Daily Mail? Who has been accused of racism, misogyny and forced to apologise for mocking a disabled television presenter?

Well it must be true, then...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    So this is based around a tweet by Quentin Letts. The same Quentin Letts who regularly wrote for The Daily Mail? Who has been accused of racism, misogyny and forced to apologise for mocking a disabled television presenter?

Well it must be true, then...
    Are Quentin Letts and Donald trump the same person?

The DM continues to amuse. This line in an article about the marijuana growing nephew probably came straight from the writer since the DM harped on the plane thing for days.

Dooley, who recently became engaged to Sandra Bazan, 24, added: 'People have labelled Meghan's American family as hillbillies and a freak show but I'm building a business the old-fashioned way with hard work and lots of sweat.
    'The farm is organic and sustainable. It's ironic my aunt and Prince Harry go on about being such great eco-warriors and yet they carry on jetting around on private planes. I think we're doing more for the planet than my aunt Meghan is.'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ug-empire.html

Such bullshit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information