Page 124 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2071
Like Tree8209Likes

Thread: The continuing saga of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Meghan Markle’s protector! Prince Charles urged palace to BACK Meghan - ‘Lot of fondness’

MEGHAN MARKLE has found a precious ally in Prince Charles, who is believed to have changed the way senior palace advisers think of the Duchess of Sussex after months of “palpable tension”.

By ALICE SCARSI14:47, Tue, Aug 6, 2019 | UPDATED: 15:13, Tue, Aug 6, 2019

Prince Charles is very fond of Meghan and “has made it clear” he is fully supportive of the Duchess of Sussex and her initiatives, according to a source. The heir apparent urged the Royal Family to back Meghan’s work just as enthusiastically as he has done in the past months, they claimed. A source told Grazia magazine: “Prince Charles has a lot of fondness for Meghan.

“He’s made it clear that he backs Meghan’s philanthropy and charity work, and that the whole household should get on-side.”
    Prince Charles’s intervention helped ease out “genuine and palpable tension” between Meghan and royal advisers, according to the source.

Aides denounced the Duchess for having “her own rules instead of thinking about how individual actions reflect on the Royal Family as a whole”, the source said.
    Tensions between Meghan and palace’s aides are said to have been running particularly high especially in April, when the royal advisers were no longer kept updated about Meghan’s pregnancy.

Meghan Markle is 'backed' by Prince Charles (Image: GETTY)

Prince Charles, Camilla and Meghan Markle at the prince's 70th birthday celebrations (Image: GETTY)
    But they also clashed with the Sussexes over their privacy demands following the birth of Archie.
    This comes after Meghan became the first co-editor of a September issue of British Vogue, published last week.
    Her involvement with the fashion magazine has been criticised by some members of the public and royal commentators, but has received the support within the royal palaces, according to another insider.
    They told Grazia magazine: “Meghan’s involvement in the issue of Vogue had to be approved by aides, and they were relieved and pleased with her approach of celebrating a spectrum of women.”
    Meghan’s issue of British Vogue featured 15 women she deems inspirational - including actresses Salma Hayek and Jane Fonda, eco-activist Greta Thunberg and New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.
    Inside the magazine, she also featured former US first lady Michelle Obama, interviewed by Meghan herself in a candid Q&A focused on motherhood, and conservationist Dr Jane Goodall, interviewed by Prince Harry.

According to Grazia, senior palace aides were keen on sanctioning Meghan’s work with Vogue because the Duchess decided against holding a photoshoot at her Windsor home, Frogmore Cottage, to which they would not have agreed.Prince Charles’s help may have been vital to change the royal palaces’ aides’ attitude towards Meghan.
    But the Duchess herself seems to have improved her ability to accept criticism and feedbacks coming from the palace.
    The insider added: “She’s also accepting feedback from palace aides on how there’s a fine line between celebration and endorsement: they’re finally being constructive with their criticism.”

The Royal Family's family tree (Image: EXPRESS)

The relationship between Meghan and Prince Charles has been positive since the former actress joined the Royal Family.
    The Prince of Wales walked Meghan down the aisle on her wedding day after her father, Thomas Markle Snr, said he was no longer be able to attend because of a heart-related problem which prevented him from getting on a long-distance flight.
    Prince Charles’s gesture struck a chord in Prince Harry, who got “closer than ever” to his father after Meghan’s arrival, according to Vanity Fair.

Meghan Markle at Wimbledon (Image: PA)

A source told the magazine: “The wedding was a real turning point.
    “Charles showed so much love towards Harry and Meghan, and I think Harry will be eternally grateful to his papa for stepping in and giving Meghan’s hand in marriage.”
    “The bond between them is very close.”

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post

The Crimes of Meghan Markle-Sussex

1. wrote sayings on bananas
    2. Had the nerve to not want her wedding chapel to smell like a blocked drain.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    2. Had the nerve to not want her wedding chapel to smell like a blocked drain.
    Right. and ...

3. refused to name the baby's godparents.

we're on a roll!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

4. Stuck her hand up Harry's bum like a ventriloquist and made him say the words "what Meghan wants, Meghan gets" because I've seen her blamed for that countless times. Like, every time someone asks what she's done that's so terrible, Harry's words get repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    not often that I agree with you Lofty.
    There were actual riots in London this weekend due to the “head” nazi being hailed (unfortunately only for contempt of court).
    There have been plenty (multiple) of anti-facist demonstrations in the UK recently that have been peaceful. Excepting the time when Tommy Robinson got a milkshake tipped over his head.
    I agree with a lot of your posts right now.
    I saw that, and the Nazi trash is an international menace. Germany is so full of Nazis right now, it's horrible, disgusting and unforgivable. I go to demonstrations against this plague, they are all perfectly peaceful.
    Novice, sputnik, HWBL and 2 others like this.

5. Wore a dress that was a little tight. Because she KEPT THAT PREGNANCY WEIGHT. The audacity.

I don't know how planned that was, but Charles being so nice to Mrs. Ragland during the wedding really warmed my cold old heart. I liked him for once.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    The discussion continues only because there are very few thick skinned posters that dont scare easily or take it too seriously.Most posters are scared shitless to voice their opinion knowing the ll be eaten alive..they dont even like a post afraid they,ll get on the bad side of the fans who rule the board..
    I just want to poke in here & say that I am not afraid to state my opinion, but I really haven't seen anything that I feel I need to add to.
    I see so much racism where MM is concerned, maybe you (general) don't/won't, but it really makes me sick just how openly these knuckle dragging, woman hating, vitriol spewing, neo-nazi racists are hiding behind being "open and honest", while dragging society down.

6. belly holding during pregnancy
    Lofty Bike, Daphodil, czb and 10 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    6. belly holding during pregnancy
    While facing mobs of people that jostle and push NON-STOP as part of her job.
    Kittylady likes this.

Gold Member

7. Harry holding during pregnancy.
    crayzeehappee likes this.

8. Tendrils
    9. No tendrils
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^Do fashion crimes count? Because we are talking about the British Royal Family, after all. They're like the Mob when it comes to crimes of fashion.
    Novice and louiswinthorpe111 like this.

No. Fashion crimes don't count.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    I agree with a lot of your posts right now.
    I saw that, and the Nazi trash is an international menace. Germany is so full of Nazis right now, it's horrible, disgusting and unforgivable. I go to demonstrations against this plague, they are all perfectly peaceful.
    Ditto and hats off to you for the demos!
    Kittylady and Lofty Bike like this.

Thread Information