Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree1214Likes

Thread: Comedian Hannibal Buress Called Out Bill Cosby's Rape History on Stage

^You don't "let" someone do that, though, just by it happening. That's just what's bothersome, that she says she escaped because she was smart and didn't need something from him, it implies that the other women weren't smart and were opportunists that got bitten.
    Flygirl likes this.

She doesn't seem very articulate. She's probably not well educated, and it sounds like there's probably some sexual abuse history that started when she was five and likely never addressed. I'm cutting her some slack on that statement.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    And this gem of a statement comes directly after her plea for other victims to come forward. Victim blaming from a fellow victim. It doesn't get much lower than that.

It bothered me too, but as Carla doesn't really come across as very articulate I'm hoping what she meant was that she felt like she had nothing to lose by turning around and getting her arse out of there as soon as things started getting weird, whereas other girls may have tried to stick it out instead of running like hell because he was making promises or threats about their future in the industry. Look at the claims made by Louisa Moritz who says that Cosby told her "Now you don't want to upset me and the plans for your future, do you?"after he allegedly assaulted her.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

"I was smart to get away. That was smart."

No, it was smart not to let him ply her with drinks, that was his way to make sure the women could NOT get away and would not resist. He probably put a lot of pressure on the women to drink his "cocktails", the ones who were there looking to get ahead in their career might have been more open to have a drink with him to be social.

At her age I drank like a fish, I would have been in trouble.

And it's so creepy that he sent guys out to recruit young women for him. And Camille disappeared, I wonder if she really thought that Carla was the other guy's date, or she just turned a blind eye to her husband's philandering.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

As far as Lisa Bonet goes, she has plenty of reasons to be angry with Cosby. He bashed her life and lifestyle choices when she married and had a baby at 19 and of course he didn't agree with her doing a "filthy" movie (Angel Heart I think it was called). Of course this was the man who was drugging and raping women. The same guy who told Eddie Murphy to stop being dirty in his stand up routines.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I wonder what happened between him and his daughter whom he is refusing to let in his house?
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

What Bill Cosby Did To His Raped Daughter…
    November 23, 2014 by Charles C. Johnson —

The rape allegations facing Bill Cosby are all the more disturbing when you consider that his own daughter was allegedly raped by Mike Tyson.

In 1992, Cosby’s drug addicted daughter, Erinn, claimed that Tyson once tried to rape her after a night club party in 1989.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch discussed how Bill Cosby dealt with the accusations in 1995.

“It’s not enough for some that Bill Cosby’s daughter, Erinn, has said that Tyson once invited her to his home after meeting her at a nightclub, then knocked her to the floor and tried to rape her. She told her parents, who got an agreement from him to get therapy. Tyson later reneged, but Erinn Cosby had to go through counseling for a year after the experience. (Emphasis added. Gregory Freeman, “When a ‘Hero’ Isn’t: Tyson Forfeits Respect, Credibility,” St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 25, 1995)”

Cosby was going to deal with his daughter’s alleged rape by having her alleged rapist go to therapy?
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Christ he is an asshole in every possible way.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    What Bill Cosby Did To His Raped Daughter…
    November 23, 2014 by Charles C. Johnson —

The rape allegations facing Bill Cosby are all the more disturbing when you consider that his own daughter was allegedly raped by Mike Tyson.

In 1992, Cosby’s drug addicted daughter, Erinn, claimed that Tyson once tried to rape her after a night club party in 1989.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch discussed how Bill Cosby dealt with the accusations in 1995.

“It’s not enough for some that Bill Cosby’s daughter, Erinn, has said that Tyson once invited her to his home after meeting her at a nightclub, then knocked her to the floor and tried to rape her. She told her parents, who got an agreement from him to get therapy. Tyson later reneged, but Erinn Cosby had to go through counseling for a year after the experience. (Emphasis added. Gregory Freeman, “When a ‘Hero’ Isn’t: Tyson Forfeits Respect, Credibility,” St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 25, 1995)”

Cosby was going to deal with his daughter’s alleged rape by having her alleged rapist go to therapy?
    I guess he figured that was better than filing charges and having the spotlight thrown on his own family, possibly leading to women coming forward as they are now to call him a fucking lying, raping hypocrite for wanting Tyson sent down for something he'd been doing for decades.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Bill Cosby, the mistress he dumped and the awkward dinner he shared with her and her furious mother: The bizarre moment America's most beloved TV dad ditched girlfriend after cheating on his wife

Married comedy legend Bill Cosby broke up with a 'longtime' mistress and decided to stop womanizing after suffering with a bout of middle-aged angst, a new book claims.

The 77-year-old entertainer has publicly admitted to cheating on Camille, his wife of 50 years and mother of his five children.

However, a new biography, Cosby: His Life and Times, by Mark Whitaker, details the full extent of his infidelity - and tells how the star invited the girlfriend and her MOM out to dinner following the break-up.

Before making his debut as doting dad, Dr Heathcliff Hutxtable on The Cosby Show in September 1984, then aged 47, the star is said to have decided to cut back on his womanizing.

The book also tells how the groundbreaking sitcom was borne out of Cosby's real family life and his tales as a father of five - and how he struggled after turning 40.

In an excerpt from the book published in The Hollywood Reporter; it reveals how Cosby - married to Camille since 1964 - was forced to come to grips with the 'frustrations of being a middle-aged man and father'.

It reads: 'In a comic essay for Ebony, Cosby even talked about how aging had affected his roving eye for women.'

''He invited the woman and her mother, who had always disapproved of her daughter being involved with a married man, out to dinner. 'I'm very happy to be here,' the mother told Cosby, 'because I always thought you had more sense than that!'

'"One of the most important things when you turn 40 is that you weigh things thusly,' he wrote. 'You look at the enjoyment you may get from a given activity, and then you look at the amount of work that may have to go into it … for example, sex with a young beautiful woman who has plenty of energy".

'In a picture that accompanied the story, Cosby stood on a diving board, smoking a cigar, looking over his shoulder wistfully at a bikini-clad, mocha-skinned beauty.

'"One of those things you want but are glad you can't have," the caption read.

'Cosby didn't tell Ebony readers about another step that he had taken to prove that he was serious about cutting back on his womanizing.'

The excerpt adds: 'He told one longtime girlfriend that he wanted to put an end to their relationship, and then he invited the woman and her mother, who had always disapproved of her daughter being involved with a married man, out to dinner. "I'm very happy to be here," the mother told Cosby, "because I always thought you had more sense than that!"'

The book, out on September 16, is said to have been written with the help of Cosby and his 'inner circle'.

Cosby has long been dogged by accusations of infidelity - and has even faced accusations of sexual abuse.

In November 2006, Cosby, beloved by America for his role as a cosy, sweater-wearing dad, settled a civil lawsuit with Andrea Constand, 32, a former Temple University employee who claimed Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her in his Philadelphia-area mansion in 2004.

Thirteen other witnesses also came forward voluntarily with similar claims, People magazine reported.

Terms of the settlement were not disclosed, but this was not Cosby's first sex scandal accusation.

In 1997, Autumn Jackson, then 22, came forward to say she was Cosby's illegitimate child from an affair the comedian had with her mother, Shawn Upshaw.

Jackson made the claims just days after the Cosbys' only son Ennis was shot and killed on a Los Angeles freeway on January 17, 1997 aged just 27.

Though Cosby admitted to having an affair with Upshaw - he would tell TV interviewer Dan Rather it was a 'rendezvous' - he maintained that Jackson was not his child.

Jackson was later convicted on charges of extortion for threatening to take her story to the tabloids unless Cosby paid her $40 million.

Asked by Oprah Winfrey in 2010 how the couple had weathered the storm of the entertainer's infidelity, Camille Cosby admitted she had known about her husband's affair with Upshaw 'back in the Seventies'.

Camille told how she had asked her husband to take a DNA test to be certain he was not the father of Jackson - saying if he had not, 'Autumn Jackson and her cohorts could continue with their story.'

Discussing a time when the Cosbys had focused on 'selfish needs', Camille said: 'We were both young. We had to go through a lot. It's difficult to learn to live with somebody, to be unselfish and to be responsible for your behavior - and even to think how you hurt others if you do certain things.

'You go through a transition, if you are committed to each other. You cleanse yourself of all of that baggage, and you look at each other and determine whether the relationship is worth salvaging, whether you really love each other and want to be together.

'Then you realize, 'Wait a minute. I might have been doing this because I just didn't want to think about how this would affect the other person or to allow myself to love someone with emotional intimacy'.'

Meanwhile, after celebrating his 77th birthday on July 12, Cosby made it clear that Camille still gets incites the flames of passion.

Indeed, earlier this week he left Tonight host Jimmy Fallon red-faced when he revealed that while
    he didn't get birthday cake, he did get birthday sex, or as he more charmingly phrased it, 'I got my wife!'

Cosby warned the late-night host, 39, that one day, he, too, might come across 'the most frightening thing that you can hear from your wife on your birthday when you are carrying on...'

That, he explained, 'is to hear your wife, who is seven years younger than you, say, 'Keep going!''

Read more: Bill Cosby, the mistress he dumped and the awkward dinner with her mother | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I guess he figured that was better than filing charges and having the spotlight thrown on his own family, possibly leading to women coming forward as they are now to call him a fucking lying, raping hypocrite for wanting Tyson sent down for something he'd been doing for decades.
    That sounds about right.

And the more I read about this guy, the more Camille reminds me of Dottie Sandusky.
    sluce and lindsaywhit like this.

sluce, lindsaywhit and Lalasnake like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^

Irony, i-ro-ny, (noun); Bill Cosby telling people to pull their pants up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Yep, he was covering his own ass.

Howard Stern played an old clip of Bill Cosby talking about how when he was 13 years old how happy he was when he discovered Spanish Flies because it made chicks horny.

It's also a horrible toxin.

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information