Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Like Tree1721Likes

Thread: Comedian Hannibal Buress Called Out Bill Cosby's Rape History on Stage

I doubt he'll get time but I really hope he does.
    anna112233 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Andrea Constand’s statement letter made public during Cosby sentencing

NORRISTOWN, Pa. — The victim impact statement written by Andrea Constand — the woman who brought down Bill Cosby — was made public Tuesday, as the comedian was set to learn his fate for sexually assaulting her 14 years ago.

“To truly understand the impact that sexual assault has had on my life, you have to understand the person I was before it happened,” Constand’s victim impact statement begins.

The five-page submission, given to Judge Steven O’Neill on July 4, details the 45-year-old’s comfortable early life.

“I knew who I was and I liked who I was. I was at the top of my game, certain on the groundwork provided by my education and athletic training would stand by me in good stead whatever challenges lay ahead,” she wrote.

“How wrong I was. In fact, nothing could prepare me for an evening of January 2004, when life as I knew it came to an abrupt halt.”

Constand, a former basketball administrator at Temple University, then delves straight into being sexually assaulted by Cosby, who befriended her and gave her career advice.

“I had just given my two-months notice at Temple when the man I had come to know as a mentor and friend drugged and sexually assaulted me,” she said. “Instead of being able to run, jump, and do pretty much anything I wanted to do physically, during the assault I was paralyzed and completely helpless. I could not move my arms or legs. I couldn’t speak or even remain conscious. I was completely vulnerable, and powerless to protect myself.”

The letter goes on to detail the “pain” and “shame” she felt, in addition to “self doubt” and confusion.

When she reported the assault, she writes, the fear and pain only intensified.

“When the case closed with a settlement, sealed testimony and a non-disclosure agreement, I thought that finally — finally — I could get on with my life, that this awful chapter in my life was over at last. These exact same feeling followed me throughout both criminal trials,” she wrote. “The attacks on my character continued, spilling over outside the courtroom steps attempting to discredit me, and cast me in a false light. These character assassinations have caused me to suffer insurmountable stress and anxiety, which I still experience today.”

She goes on to write that she “had” to testify, and that she is “one of the lucky ones.”

“Bill Cosby took my beautiful, healthy young spirit and crushed it. He robbed me of my health and vitality, my open nature, and my trust in myself and others,” the letter reads. “We may never know the full extend of his double life as a sexual predator but his decades-long reign of terror as a serial rapist is over.”

Cosby was convicted in April of three counts of aggravated indecent assault on Constand, who testified in both of Cosby’s criminal trials.

Some 60 other women have accused him of a litany of drug-facilitated sexual assaults.

On Monday, Constand briefly took the stand to face Cosby yet again, but did not relive that night.

“Your honor, I have testified,” she said calmly. “I have given you my impact statement. The jury heard me, Mr. Cosby heard me, and now what I am asking for is justice as the court sees fit.”

Cosby faces up to 10 years behind bars.

O’Neill is expected to sentence him later Tuesday.

https://pagesix.com/2018/09/25/andre...by-sentencing/

at the link.
    Heartbreaking. Please, please jail this man.

I hope he gets sentenced to jail time, he deserves it. 60 women, plus more that haven't come forward. Sick bastard.
    Penelope and anna112233 like this.

I just heard he got 3 to 10 years.

Sometimes a picture is indeed worth a thousand words.

Is he walking without his cane? Or being led by hand since he's legally blind? How does that even work in prison?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

16 min agoJudge denies bail to Bill Cosby

Judge O’Neill has denied bail to Bill Cosby, according to a tweet from the Montgomery County District Attorney’s office.

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Hope he croaks in there.
    Kittylady likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

How soon can he apply for parole? I don't know which made me squee more ... that he got 3-10 years OR that he's going directly to jail in handcuffs. Whoot! Whoot!!

Every time this thread pops up, I can't help but to think of Hannibal Buress. I'm not saying he did his singlehandedly, but he sure got the message out there.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Wow. This is BIG. I am very impressed and almost can't believe it even seeing it with my own eyes. The justice system worked.

I love that judge and that jury. I'm teary-eyed.

This makes me want to celebrate.

Under PA law, he has to serve the minimum 3 years before he is eligible for parole. His sentence is actually 5-10 years, but because PA has truth in sentencing laws, they have to report the minimum of 3 years.
    Nevan and Kittylady like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Damn! I was half expecting he would stay out pending appeal.

sprynkles and Kittylady like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Doesn't Sluce work out and about this court? I wonder what the buzz in the halls was like.

Okay, I'm a little disappointed Cosby didn't erupt in some way. He must be on tranqs because this is an angry, angry man.
    Beeyotch likes this.

I'm still shocked he actually didn't somehow get out of this. We are so used to the rich having their own brand of justice. I'm sure his pathetic wife will be there everyday to bring him pudding pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I actually said this out loud when I read he was denied bail.

Thread Information