Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Like Tree1721Likes

Thread: Comedian Hannibal Buress Called Out Bill Cosby's Rape History on Stage

So does he go to jail now? Or does he get to go home and wait for sentencing?

OCD

The judge allowed the poor blind feeble old man to go home and await sentencing in the comfort of his own home. He did have to surrender his passport.

Ankle bracelet.

Had to kill time waiting for final paperwork in our case so we watched out the windows. Allred is smaller than I thought. Iím leaving in a few minutes. Most of the circus is gone but there is a more restrained press conference still happening in the building.

Police blocked everyone from the hall outside the courtroom. Everyone who works here is happy that things can get back to normal. Iím here 1-2 times a week and itís a pain with this case causing restrictions.

Shelley & Greys- whatís the norm for time until sentencing for a criminal case? Iím sure they will appeal so who knows if he will ever actually go to prison.
    Waterslide, Nevan, czb and 2 others like this.

For criminal I can’t tell you. I’ll defer to shellee.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Funny how all the commentators are noting how briskly he walked out of court, not even using his cane, he was waving it in the air. As opposed to the feeble old blind man routine he'd been using. Duh, he's an actor! The "asshole" remark was when they were discussing the flight risk, and that he had a private plane. He said something like "asshole, I don't have a private plane" haha
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Sentencing is usually set off in a month or 2 because since he has no criminal record, he is entitled to a PSI which is a pre sentence investigation where the department of corrections questions the victims, the defendant and their families. I'd say maybe June or July.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    While I was on the stand during my plenary hearing (about a very important point), both lawyers started, Er. Um. -ing while watching the judge (I was focusing on my lawyer who was asking me questions, and didn't look at the judge). Then my ex's lawyer exclaimed, OMG, he's asleep! We kind of just putzed around until he woke back up about five or so minutes later. I was embarrassed for the judge and quite infuriated. When we finally got the ruling, the important testimony I had been giving was mistakenly ruled (like, he said he ruled in my favor and went into a long explanation why he went in my favor, but awarded my ex what he was asking for about that particular thing, which was definitely the opposite of in my favor). I guess it does happen quite a lot. I can imagine being an older judge and listen to people yammer on about specific details might be boring and all, but JFC, I lost about $30K from that bullshit.

Meanwhile, you're fucking guilty, you're fucking guilty ... you raping fuck!! I too thought he'd get off again. And what the hell did the judge say when he started barking??
    I can't speak for family court, but I will say in criminal court the yammering is also very repetitive. I mean, I've sat through so many DUI motion hearings/trials at this point I feel like I could defend a DUI case.

I've definitely had head bobbing moments in court (I'm a recorder) but a judge, yeeesh. Time to retire chief!

Oh and I'm glad to see that scum be convicted, but I'm not convinced he'll go back to jail any time soon. My guess is he'll die before it happens.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Sentencing is usually set off in a month or 2 because since he has no criminal record, he is entitled to a PSI which is a pre sentence investigation where the department of corrections questions the victims, the defendant and their families. I'd say maybe June or July.
    That can only hurt him. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    I can't speak for family court, but I will say in criminal court the yammering is also very repetitive. I mean, I've sat through so many DUI motion hearings/trials at this point I feel like I could defend a DUI case.

I've definitely had head bobbing moments in court (I'm a recorder) but a judge, yeeesh. Time to retire chief!

Oh and I'm glad to see that scum be convicted, but I'm not convinced he'll go back to jail any time soon. My guess is he'll die before it happens.

This is why my lawyer said, let it go. There were several things that were ambiguous in the ruling. Maybe not the ruling on those particular issues, but the way he disbursed things seemed like he didn't even read some of the stuff (the ruling was 42 pages long). Our judge was a retired, recalled judge who had worked in county and Superior Court. He was recalled because they had such a huge backlog in family court. And IMO, they treated him with disrespect ... they'd give him a meager quarterly budget and when he went through it, usually in a few weeks, everything in his court stopped. He lost his staff, his courtroom ... he'd be booking time in conference rooms to work. This was on top of the fact that he only worked 2-3 days a week, even if he did have budget money left. It took us over a year for a plenary hearing to be heard. And delaying caused housing and rental furniture costs (my house burned down, so we were in displaced housing) cost both my ex and I at least $60K for the year to year and a half that it took to get the hearing to actually happen. I know the courts don't have any "responsibility" for those extra costs, but I'm just a middle class person (as is my ex). We aren't rich and that money could have been used for other things in my house or other possessions that needed to be repurchased. I've never had to deal with the court system before, other than a brief civil suit against the landlord of the condo we first lived in for return of security deposit many many years ago, and this realllllly left a bad taste in my mouth. I've been tossing around the idea to get a paralegal degree for a few years, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with all the bullshit that goes on in my county courthouse.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I've been tossing around the idea to get a paralegal degree for a few years, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with all the bullshit that goes on in my county courthouse.

Then work for a private firm that doesn't do family law and not the government. 95% of the time you won't ever get to court. You'd probably only have to deal with a courthouse once or twice a year at most. Otherwise, it's just phone calls to the clerks a few times a week if you work in civil practice like I do.
    Waterslide and Nevan like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

He wasn't silent ... he barked at the judge!!!
    SHELLEE likes this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    So does he go to jail now? Or does he get to go home and wait for sentencing?

He's going to go home and take a little something to help him sleep
    Trixie, witchcurlgirl, czb and 4 others like this.

Thread Information