Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree1437Likes

Thread: Comedian Hannibal Buress Called Out Bill Cosby's Rape History on Stage

why did it take two years?
    fgg and Lalasnake like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ That's what I'd like to know. Which way was it leaning, was it a lone holdout or what? They deliberated for six days.

I'll tell ya, it really is the luck of the draw. I served on a jury in a criminal case last year, and it could have gone either way. Luckily, it went the way I wanted, otherwise I might have been that lone holdout. But I was a little surprised at how quickly some of the jurors switched their votes, not so much that they changed their minds, but IMO, because they really didn't care and just wanted to go home.
    I read it was a 10-2 split in favor of guilty.

Fuck those 2.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    University of Missouri revokes Bill Cosbyís honorary degree

The University of Missouri has stripped Bill Cosby of his honorary degree nearly a week after a mistrial was declared in his sex-assault trial.

The schoolís Board of Curators voted unanimously Friday to revoke the comicís doctorate in humane letters that he received in 1999.

University president Mun Choi cited assault allegations from several women as the reason behind the move and said Cosbyís alleged actions donít reflect the universityís values.

At least 25 other schools across the country have similarly revoked honorary degrees and awards given to Cosby since nearly 60 women accused him of drugging and raping them.

It was the first time the University of Missouri ever revoked an honorary degree.

The schoolís Faculty Council first recommended Cosbyís degree be yanked in November 2015.

University of Missouri revokes Bill Cosby?s honorary degree | Page Six
    Yes!

If the courts aren't going to get him, the public should.

fgg

Bill Cosby’s Sexual Assault Retrial Set for November

The judge in the Bill Cosby sexual assault case has set Nov. 6 for retrial.

In June, a Pennsylvania judge granted a mistrial after the jury had announced that they were “hopelessly deadlocked” for the second time in the trial. The 79-year-old comedian is accused of drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, mansion in January 2004.

The first trial ended with a hung jury. The panel deliberated for 52 hours before telling the judge they reached an impasse. It was later revealed that two jurors prevented a guilty verdict in Cosby’s trial.

After the mistrial announcement, District Attorney Steele said they would retry the cast against Cosby.

Cosby’s six-day trial marked the culmination of a scandal that eclipsed his career in recent years, as he has faced an ever-increasing number of similar sexual abuse allegations from dozens of women dating back decades, all of which he has denied.

Cosby was charged in 2015 with three counts of aggravated indecent assault in connection with Constand’s accusation. He pleaded not guilty to the charges, insisting their sexual contact was consensual. Constand, who is gay, said their contact was not consensual.

Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Retrial Set for November
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Aw does this mean the How to Rape and Get Away with It tour is postponed?
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

fgg

Cosby on the prowl for a new defense attorney: reports

Bill Cosby is on the hunt for a new defense attorney, according to reports.

Lawyer Brian McMonagle, who represented the 79-year-old comedian during his June sex assault prosecution that ended in a mistrial, is expected to file a motion as early as this week to withdraw as the famed funnyman’s counsel, media site Newsworks has reported.

The top Philadelphia litigator will submit paperwork as soon as plans are finalized to replace him, according to sources of journalist Bobby Allyn, who covered Cosby’s first trial for NPR member station WHYY.

McMonagle did not return messages Monday, and declined to comment for Allyn’s story.

The news of the attorney’s impending departure was also reported by Radar Online, with both sites citing Cosby’s devoted publicist, Andrew Wyatt, as the reason behind McMonagle’s exit.

Wyatt told The Post the rumors of McMonagle’s withdrawal were unfounded, and denied the lawyer was leaving.

“It’s not uncharacteristic for clients to weigh their options,” he said cryptically, adding that “for now, the legal team is in place.”

Defense attorney Bill Brennan told Newsworks he felt McMonagle’s withdraw would give Montgomery County prosecutors an edge on retrial, saying “Mr. McMonagle is the single reason that the jury hung.”

“Brian cares, but he’s not going to continue to put his stellar reputation on the line if there’s no cooperation from his client and his client’s publicist,” another source told Radar Online.

The same source alleges Cosby was furious at the news.

McMonagle’s co-counsel, Angela Agrusa, declined to comment.

Cosby is slotted to stand trial again ​in November for ​allegedly drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple University employee Andrea Constand in his suburban Philedelphia mansion in Jan. 2004.

The last trial ended in deadlock mid June following 52 hours of deliberations.

Cosby on the prowl for a new defense attorney: reports | Page Six

Two of Philadelphia's most beloved native sons - Cosby and Will Smith - have feet of clay. Cosby is an accused rapist and Will is a self-serving douchebag with assholes for children.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Lisa Bonet Speaks Out About Her TV Father, Bill Cosby – Claims “Sinister, Shadow Energy”

Lisa Bonet
    has commented for the first time on her television father, Bill Cosby, with whom she appeared in two of the most popular shows in the world.

Playing Denise Huxtable on The Cosby Show at age 16, then joining its spinoff A Different World, Bonet told the Net-a-Porter website that she had no knowledge of Cosby’s predilections. “But…There was just energy. And that type of sinister, shadow energy cannot be concealed.”

Asked if she sensed a darkness, Bonet said, “Always. And if I had anything more to reveal, then it would have happened a long time ago. That’s my nature. The truth will set you free.”

Cosby is in pre-trial hearings in Pennsylvania for his sexual assault retrial. The 80-year-old comedian has been accused by multiple women of sexually assaulting them after drugging them. His first trial on those charges ended in a hung jury, and the retrial is expected to start in April.

Bonet had a somewhat rocky relationship with Cosby. She was frequently late on the set and posed topless for Interview magazine, a step away from the wholesome family image that the TV shows tried to cultivate. Cosby also opposed her role in the film Angel Heart, in which she had a nude scene with Mickey Rourke, and allegedly opposed her marriage at age 20 to rocker Lenny Kravitz.

Despite that, Bonet is not vindictive. “I don’t need to say, ‘I told you so’,” she said regarding Cosby. “I just leave all that to karma and justice and what will be.”

Lisa Bonet Speaks Out About Her TV Father, Bill Cosby ? Claims ?Sinister, Shadow Energy? | Deadline

I remember Angel Heart. Crazy voodoo. Blood, chickens, sex. Good movie though.
    Waterslide and MsDark like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I was just thinking about Angel Heart when we were talking about how much Mickey Rourke has changed and how I haven't seen that movie in forever. Lisa was soo beautiful in that...as was Mickey. I couldn't look at Robert DeNiro for about two years after that, though.

I remember at the time, and I was still too young to understand how Hollywood worked, thinking it was none of Bill Cosby's business if Lisa Bonet wanted to make Angel Heart, pose topless, or get married. Those were totally separate things from The Cosby Show. But looking back on how he acted like he was the one with morals and virtue and then tried to slut shame her, it makes me exponentially more disgusted with him.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Disgusting how he was such a pissy jcakass about what she was doing while he was raping unconscious women. Maybe he was jealous?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

Talk about BURN

fgg

The Latest: Cosby team says there's a verdict

NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) — The Latest on Bill Cosby's sexual assault retrial (all times local):

1:25 p.m.

The jury is heading back to the courtroom and Bill Cosby's defense team is saying there's a verdict in his sexual assault retrial.

The panel of seven men and five women have been deliberating about 14 hours.

The 80-year-old comedian is accused of drugging and violating a woman at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004.

He's charged with three counts of aggravated indecent assault. A conviction could put him in prison for up to 10 years on each count.

Prosecutors used Cosby's past admissions about drugs and sex as well as the testimony of five other women to help bolster accuser Andrea Constand's allegations. Cosby's lawyers argued Constand leveled false accusations against Cosby so she could sue him and extract a huge civil settlement.

It's the only criminal case to arise from allegations from more than 60 women.

The Associated Press does not typically identify people who say they are victims of sexual assault unless they grant permission. Constand has done so.

___

10:50 a.m.

The judge in Bill Cosby's sexual assault retrial says the six alternate jurors will get an hour with the courthouse comfort dog before being sent back to their hotel.

Judge Steven O'Neill said Thursday he planned to meet with the alternates to "let them know they're still important." After O'Neill mentioned the dog, Cosby stood up at the defense table and made a comical, barking-like motion with his mouth.

The alternate jurors are being kept away from the main panel of seven men and five women deliberating Cosby's fate.

The jury spent an hour listening to a court stenographer read back the testimony of defense witness Marguerite Jackson before they resumed talks.

Cosby is charged with drugging and molesting a woman in 2004. He says the woman consented.

___

10:15 a.m.

Jurors at Bill Cosby's sexual assault retrial are having the testimony of the star defense witness read back to them.

The jury is back for Day 2 of deliberations. The panel of seven men and five women started its day Thursday by reviewing the testimony of Marguerite Jackson, who says Cosby's chief accuser spoke of framing a celebrity for the money.

Jackson is an academic adviser at Temple University, where Constand worked as a women's basketball administrator. Jackson testified that Constand told her she could fabricate sexual assault allegations and "get that money" from a lawsuit. Jackson's testimony bolstered Cosby's efforts to show Constand made up the allegations against him to extort a big civil settlement.

Cosby is accused of drugging and molesting Constand in 2004. He says it was consensual.

The Associated Press doesn't typically identify people who say they're victims of sexual assault unless they grant permission, which Constand has done.

___

8:45 a.m.

Bill Cosby has arrived at a suburban Philadelphia courthouse where jurors are deliberating in the comedian's sexual assault retrial.

The 80-year-old Cosby arrived on Thursday and said "good morning" twice as he entered the courthouse.

The jury of seven men and five women will start their second day of weighing charges by revisiting the testimony of a star defense witness who cast doubt on accuser Andrea Constand's credibility.

Marguerite Jackson's testimony that Constand once spoke of framing a prominent person to score a big payday will be read back to the jury when court resumes.

The jurors completed a marathon, 10-hour session on Wednesday that failed to produce a verdict.

___

12:25 a.m.

Jurors in Bill Cosby's sexual assault retrial are kicking off a second day of deliberations by revisiting the testimony of a star defense witness who cast doubt on accuser Andrea Constand's credibility.

Marguerite Jackson's testimony that Constand once spoke of framing a prominent person to score a big payday will be read back to the jury when court resumes outside Philadelphia on Thursday.

A marathon, 10-hour first day of deliberations failed to yield a verdict in the first big celebrity trial of the #MeToo era.

The exhausted panel called it a night after rehearing excerpts from Cosby's old deposition testimony, including his admission he gave quaaludes to women he wanted to have sex with in the 1970s.

The Associated Press doesn't typically identify people who say they're victims of sexual assault unless they grant permission, which Constand has done.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-co...125520724.html

GUILTY!!!!!
    Last edited by lindsaywhit; April 26th, 2018 at 02:05 PM.
    SHELLEE, Trixie, fgg and 7 others like this.

Thread Information