Like Tree1721Likes

Thread: Comedian Hannibal Buress Called Out Bill Cosby's Rape History on Stage

Elite Member

'Cosby Show' actor Joseph C. Phillips says 'Of course Bill Cosby is guilty'

'Cosby Show' actor Joseph C. Phillips says 'Of course Bill Cosby is guilty'

The Huffington Post
    Erin Whitney 15/07/2015

© Getty Images 56947950

Joseph C. Phillips is the most recent "Cosby Show" star to publicly speak out about the sexual assault allegations against Bill Cosby.

Phillips, who played Cosby's son-in-law Lt. Martin Kendall on "The Cosby Show," took to his personal website on Monday to comment on the accusations against his former co-star, which include more than three dozen women who have accused Cosby of sexual misconduct.

In Phillips' essay, titled "Of Course Bill Cosby Is Guilty!," the actor begins by writing about how much he admired the comedian in his youth. "He was my boyhood idol. His influence on my life has been profound," Phillips writes. "I owe much of who I am to Bill Cosby, so the idea of love seems to fall short of exactly how I feel." However, the actor writes that it was "common knowledge" that Cosby wasn't faithful to his wife, Camille Cosby. "Bill sleeping around was a 'fact' that, like, the air, seemed to just be. You didnít have to see it or hear it to know that it existed," Phillips says on his website.

When the the allegations against Cosby began multiplying last year, Phillips says he was inundated with requests to comment on his former co-star and became "increasingly disturbed" by the accusations. At first, the actor was mostly doubtful that Cosby was guilty of the sexual assault crimes. "I was fairly certain that some of the women were lying through their teeth, but certainly not all of them," Phillips writes. But then the actor ran into an old female friend who had also worked with Cosby in the past.

When Phillips brought up the allegations to the unidentified woman, she began to cry. "We spent the next two hours sitting on a bench talking," Phillips writes of the woman recounting her story about Cosby. "Through tears, she told me her story. She cursed him for violating both her trust and her body. She cursed herself for not being smarter, and for degrading herself in pursuit of success." After that, Phillips says his perspective on his former fictional father-in-law had changed. "I was also angry at myself for falling for the okey-doke, of putting Bill on a pedestal," Phillips writes.

The actor also referenced the recent unsealed court documents from a 2005 deposition in which Cosby admitted to obtaining quaaludes with the intent of giving them to women he wanted to have sex with. While Phillips says he can now see what he calls "the dark side to the Cos," he also admits that he can't forget the positive way his idol has influenced him. "I am not prepared to simply dismiss his brilliance, his wisdom, or his legacy." Phillips ends his essay with a plea though: asking Cosby to "Please, go live a quiet country life."

The actor appeared on CNN Wednesday morning to further discuss his essay. "I think like a lot of people, I was really giving Bill the benefit of the doubt," Phillips said. "This was not the man I knew, this was not the man I worked with."

Phillips speaking out against Cosby marks the first instance a former "Cosby Show" cast member has publicly accused the 78-year-old actor of being guilty. Previously, Phylicia Rashad defended her former TV husband, saying that the allegations were the "the obliteration of a legacy." Malcolm-Jamal Warner commented saying it was "painful" to watch his friend and mentor, Cosby, face the allegations. Keshia Knight Pulliam and Raven-Symonť have also commented on Cosby, while Lisa Bonet has yet to comment.

The Huffington Post could not immediately reach Cosby's reps for comment.

For Phillips full essay, head to his website.

OF COURSE BILL COSBY IS GUILTY! ¬Ľ Joseph C. Phillips

Lots of strange goings on and unheard of legal events in the trial of Ennis Cosby's killer. His backflip from protesting innocence to a confession that made no sense. Cosby then taking the death penalty off the table. Worth reading up on. Certainly there is room for doubt there.
    BITTER likes this.

Elite Member

When Phillips brought up the allegations to the unidentified woman, she began to cry. "We spent the next two hours sitting on a bench talking," Phillips writes of the woman recounting her story about Cosby. "Through tears, she told me her story. She cursed him for violating both her trust and her body. She cursed herself for not being smarter, and for degrading herself in pursuit of success." After that, Phillips says his perspective on his former fictional father-in-law had changed. "I was also angry at myself for falling for the okey-doke, of putting Bill on a pedestal," Phillips writes.

The actor also referenced the recent unsealed court documents from a 2005 deposition in which Cosby admitted to obtaining quaaludes with the intent of giving them to women he wanted to have sex with. While Phillips says he can now see what he calls "the dark side to the Cos," he also admits that he can't forget the positive way his idol has influenced him. "I am not prepared to simply dismiss his brilliance, his wisdom, or his legacy." Phillips ends his essay with a plea though: asking Cosby to "Please, go live a quiet country life."
    I think Phillips has some good points and illustrates why so many find it hard to believe the allegations even with all the evidence. He also touches on Cosby's legacy which has been tarnished by his own actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raff View Post
    Lots of strange goings on and unheard of legal events in the trial of Ennis Cosby's killer. His backflip from protesting innocence to a confession that made no sense. Cosby then taking the death penalty off the table. Worth reading up on. Certainly there is room for doubt there.
    Protesting one's innocence and then later confessing is not 'strange and unheard of' and neither is opposing the death penalty.
    garysgirl1999 and sluce like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Ennis Cosby’s convicted killer confesses, drops appeal

The Associated Press
    Saturday February 10, 2001

LOS ANGELES — The convicted killer of Bill Cosby’s son has withdrawn his appeal and confessed that he murdered Ennis Cosby, an act which he called “great wickedness” in a letter to authorities that was released Friday.
    California Attorney General Bill Lockyer and Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley announced the development after Mikhail Markhasev and his lawyer filed a notice in appeals court that they were abandoning efforts to reverse Markhasev’s conviction.
    In a letter to Deputy Attorney General Kyle Brodie, the 22-year-old Markhasev apologized to the victim’s family and said he wanted to abandon his appeal and admit his guilt.
    “Although my appeal is in its beginning stages, I don’t want to continue with it because it’s based on falsehood and deceit,” said Markhasev’s hand-written letter. “I am guilty and I want to do the right thing.”
    Markhasev added, “More than anything I want to apologize to the victim’s family. It is my duty as a Christian and it’s the least I can do after the great wickedness for which I’m responsible. This is way overdue and although my apology is too late, it’s still the right thing to do.”
    Ennis Cosby, 27, a graduate student at Columbia University, was home on vacation when he was shot to death while fixing a flat tire near a freeway offramp in January 1997.
    Markhasev, a Ukrainian-born immigrant, was convicted of the shooting in which Cosby was a target of opportunity. He was sentenced to life in prison without parole.
    After the conviction, Markhasev’s lawyer tried to win a new trial on grounds that incriminating letters used against him had been forged by another convict. But that attempt was rejected.
    Cosby’s family had no comment, spokesman Joel Brokaw said. “This is an extremely rare event,” Brodie told a news conference. He said he knew of no other case in which a defendant has made such an explicit post-conviction confession to a prosecutor.
    Deputy District Attorney Anne Ingalls, who handled the case, said she had no doubt that the letter of confession was penned by Markhasev because “I recognized the handwriting.” She said she always believed she had an “airtight case.”
    As for Markhasev’s motivation, Cooley said, “It falls in the category of confession is good for the soul.”
    In his letter, Markhasev said he had tried to get a message to the Cosby family about a month ago but does not believe they received word that he wanted to confess.
    “I’m not coming to you with guile or hidden agendas,” Markhasev said. “This is as simple and plain as I can get. ... This is not about me, but about those whose lives I’ve marred and my motive is to at least try to mend the things which I’ve destroyed.”

Good, the guy sounds like he has turned himself around. I have nothing negative to say about that and he sounds like the rare perp that I wouldn't mind rejoining society.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I know of a case here locally where a killer initially plead not guilty, was convicted, lost an appeal and a few years later confessed and led the police to where he had buried the victim's body. He apparently found religion in prison and told the prison chaplain who convinced him to talk to authorities. I would definitely NOT want him out in society but at least it brought some peace to the victim's family.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The sins of Bill Cosby should in no way be reflected on his son Ennis Cosby. Ennis was an innocent boy who was most likely just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Mikhail Markhasev was most likely a racist Russian criminal who acted alone. Enquiring minds may ask the question though, as this is a gossip website:

Could there have been a victim who was the daughter/grand daughter of a powerful Hollywood man who decided to take an "eye for an eye"? For every brave woman who has come forward there are possibly many more who have not. Those like the unnamed Cosby co star who spoke to Joseph C Phillips. There is a chance that someone tried to stop him/retaliate or at least send him a very strong (despicable) message.
    BITTER likes this.

Let's not forget the Illuminati either.
    Trixie, czb, sluce and 3 others like this.

Yes, maybe it was the Illuminati, the Freemasons or even the Black Dragon Society who definitely had ties to the Russian Mafia? But conspiracy theories like that may just be jumping the shark too much for me.

I don't agree with his politics, but Joseph C. Phillips has some great recipes on his webpage.
    sluce and Bombshell like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Raff View Post
    Could there have been a victim who was the daughter/grand daughter of a powerful Hollywood man who decided to take an "eye for an eye"? For every brave woman who has come forward there are possibly many more who have not. Those like the unnamed Cosby co star who spoke to Joseph C Phillips. There is a chance that someone tried to stop him/retaliate or at least send him a very strong (despicable) message.
    This.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

If killing Ennis was a message to bill it didn't work, he kept on raping.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Let's not forget the Illuminati either.
    It was the Zionist hoodlums!

If it had been the mafia they'd have cut off Bill's penis and stuffed it in his mouth.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If it had been the Bilderbergers, they would have invited him to speak at their meeting, but welshed on giving him an honorary doctorate.
    witchcurlgirl and PecanPie like this.

Thread Information