Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Like Tree1721Likes

Thread: Comedian Hannibal Buress Called Out Bill Cosby's Rape History on Stage

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

“She made so many sacrifices for him to have a career.”
    Really? REALLY? Like sacrificing the multimillion dollar lifestyle and walking away from a philandering, drugging, raping piece of shit? No? Thought not...
    snoopqueen, Lalasnake and Beeyotch like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

They consented? Really? Cause yeah, it's really easy to consent when zonked out on ludes.

I do not understand the support for this guy.
    Lalasnake likes this.

If only they had that consent rape app back then, he'd be vindicated.
    yoyoma and joebob like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Well, even Whoopi 'rape-rape' Goldberg is beginning to think that the word of 48 women plus a testimony from the man himself might mean there's something to this story after all.
    She's arguing that because he can no longer be tried in a court of law, it's ok to form an opinion on his guilt. SMH

Whoopi Goldberg Finally Admits Bill Cosby's Probably a Rapist

After repeatedly using her platform on The View to argue that we can’t know for sure if Bill Cosby is a serial rapist, Whoopi Goldberg finally admitted that Cosby’s numerous alleged victims are probably telling the truth.
    During Tuesday’s show, legal analyst Dan Abrams was invited to literally help Whoopi understand this situation. In light of The Cosby Show frontman’s testimony released last week in which he admitted to purchasing quaaludes for sex with women, Abrams parsed the statute of limitations law, explaining to Whoopi that those relating to Cosby’s crimes have all expired.
    In response, Whoopi said, “If this is to be tried in the court of public opinion, I gotta say, all of the information that’s out there kinda points to ‘guilt.’”
    Yes Whoopi, yes.
    “I don’t think you can judge the women for when they came [forward],” she added, as Abrams explained that most of Cosby’s accusers have no real legal recourse against him.
    Whoopi then said she didn’t want The Cosby Show re-runs to be pulled, because that could affect the other cast members’ pockets, including View co-host Raven-Symoné.
    Finally, Whoopi came down hard on Cosby, essentially arguing that had she known he realistically won’t go to court for his alleged crimes, she would have felt differently about him.
    “You’ve got a serial rapist, he’s been on the streets for 30 years. I have to say, I thought, that yeah, ‘Here’s all the information. Take his ass to jail.’ I find out from you that that’s not possible. So, I can’t say any more ‘innocent until proven guilty’. I can’t say that anymore because there’s no way to prove it. We are the only way to prove it, we are the only backup they have.
    “It looks bad, Bill. Either speak up or shut up, ‘cause people know now there’s a lot more out there than they thought,” she added.
    Welcome, Whoopi, welcome.

How did she not know that the statute of limitation expired on all these women? It was in every single article.
    greysfang and Lalasnake like this.

What an asshole. Nice try at backpedaling. *rolleyes*
    Lalasnake likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Obama: No mechanism to revoke Cosby's Presidential Medal of Freedom; no tolerance for rape

By Nancy Benac, The Associated Press | The Canadian Press – 1 hour 56 minutes ago

• The Canadian Press - FILE - In this July 9, 2002 file photo, President George W. Bush lets out a laugh after failing to get the clasp together on Bill Cosby's Presidential Medal of Freedom, which he holds, …more after Bush tried to put on the entertainer, in the East Room of the White House in Washington. President Barack Obama is rejecting the idea of revoking Cosby's Presidential Medal of Freedom because of sexual misconduct allegations. Obama says there's no precedent or mechanism to take back the medal. He declined to talk about the specific allegations against Cosby because there are pending legal matters. (AP Photo/Kenneth Lambert, File) less

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Wednesday rejected the idea of revoking comedian Bill Cosby's Presidential Medal of Freedom because of sexual misconduct allegations.
    "There's no precedent for revoking a medal," Obama said. "We don't have that mechanism."
    The president, who was asked about Cosby's medal at a news conference, declined to address specific allegations against the entertainer because there are pending legal matters. But Obama left no question about his thinking on the larger issue of drugs, consent and rape.
    "If you give a woman, or a man, for that matter, without his or her knowledge a drug, and then have sex with that person without consent, that's rape," he said. "And I think this country, any civilized country, should have no tolerance for rape."
    Court documents obtained by The Associated Press have revealed that Cosby acknowledged under oath in 2005 that he obtained Quaaludes to give to women with whom he wanted to have sex. The documents weren't clear on whether the women consented to being drugged.
    The leader of a sexual assault awareness group that has urged the White House to revoke Cosby's medal expressed disappointment in the president's statement.
    Angela Rose, executive director of Promoting Awareness Victim Empowerment, said there are plenty of ways for the president to take a more emphatic stand.
    "Allowing Cosby to maintain this coveted symbol suggests that we as a society condone coercive sexual behaviour," Rose said. "This is an unprecedented moment, and we need to show zero tolerance for sexual assault."
    The organization has suggested three ways Obama could deal with Cosby's medal: issue an executive order rescinding it, issue a personal statement that it should be rescinded or ask Cosby to return it. More than 10,000 people have signed the group's petition calling for the medal to be rescinded.
    "Revoking the medal would send a powerful message to America's youth on the critical importance of consent," Rose said, adding that her group has requested a meeting with the president and first lady Michelle Obama.
    More than two dozen women have accused Cosby of sexual misconduct in the past four decades, and many of them alleged that he drugged them before sex.
    The 77-year-old comedian, who has never been charged with a crime, has denied some accusations while declining to comment or respond to others.
    President George W. Bush awarded him the Medal of Freedom in 2002.

source: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/obama-no-m...184018877.html

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Well, even Whoopi 'rape-rape' Goldberg is beginning to think that the word of 48 women plus a testimony from the man himself might mean there's something to this story after all.
    She's arguing that because he can no longer be tried in a court of law, it's ok to form an opinion on his guilt. SMH
    Its like the whole thing was a set up - bring Dan on so Whoopie could see the light and change her view because there was so much backlash.
    Trixie, llamamama, holly and 1 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Seriously, That's all it took??? She's more of an asshole than I thought.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I wonder if one day it will come to light that Ennis Cosby's murder was somehow related to his fathers evil doings. 50 women have come forward. That means there were probably hundreds of victims. He could have made some powerful and frightening enemies.
    llamamama and spinmonkey like this.

How I used fame and drugs to sleep with vulnerable women and hush money so my wife wouldn't find out: Conniving Bill Cosby details his pursuit of sex in never-before-seen deposition from 2005

• The deposition is from a lawsuit filed by Andrea Constand, who accused the comedian of drugging and molesting her
    • Cosby, 78, denied sexually assaulting the victim, whom he also calls a liar, and other women
    • He also discussed paying off victims through his agent so 'Mrs Cosby' wouldn't find out
    • Deposition revelations come as former Playboy model claims Cosby plied her with drugs to 'feel better' after her son died, then raped her

By KELLY MCLAUGHLIN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

In a never-before-seen deposition from 2005, disgraced comedian Bill Cosby explains in his own words how he used his fame, fortune and powerful sedatives to prey on vulnerable women - and then paid them off to keep his wife from finding out.
    Interviewed in a Philadelphia hotel over four days by a lawyer acting on behalf of a 30-year-old Temple University employee Andrea Constand, Cosby admitted to engaging Constand in a conversation about her father's cancer with the sole aim of then having sex with her.
    The bombshell deposition, unearthed by the New York Times, goes on to reveal how the disgraced comedian:

• Telephoned Constand and told her to tell her mother 'about the orgasm' because he didn't want her to think of him as a 'dirty old man'.
    • Obtained prescriptions for quaaludes by claiming it was for a sore back, but actually gave the drug to women.
    • Paid women off with a private account so his wife, Camille, wouldn't find out about his extramarital affairs.
    • Admitted he was 'making light of a very serious situation' when quizzed by Constand's lawyer
    • Admitted to playing the role of mentor when it came to meeting women
    • Blocked a negative magazine article to avoid damaging his reputation

+8

A deposition from a 2005 lawsuit has Bill Cosby acknowledging using his fame, acting and drugs to prey upon women

The deposition was thought to have been confidential as part of the lawsuit settlement, but the New York Times obtained the documents through a court-reporting service, where it was publicly available.
    Primarily he spoke of Constand, but also of other victims, including a 19-year-old model who sent him a poem and ended up on his couch where she pleasured him with lotion.
    After describing a sexual act he had with Constand, Cosby explained why he believed it to be consensual.

'I walk her out. She does not look angry. She does not say to me, don't ever do that again,' he said. 'She doesn't walk out with an attitude of a huff, because I think that I'm a pretty decent reader of people and their emotions in these romantic sexual things, whatever you want to call them.'

Constand's lawyer, Dolores M. Troiani, accused Cosby of 'making light of a very serious situation'.
    'That may very well be,' Cosby responded.
    Cosby has repeatedly denied all alleged sexual assault, though dozens of women have accused him of such acts.

+8

+8

Andrea Constand, pictured left in the present and right in 1987, accused Cosby of drugging and molesting her in 2004. She settled the lawsuit on undisclosed terms in 2006

And although he's had the support of several public figures throughout the allegations, this 1,000-page deposition could change people's views.

During the deposition, he described frustration with Constand after she failed to follow his advice of pursuing sports broadcasting.
    'Here's a mentor, Bill Cosby, who is in the business, Bill Cosby, who happens to know something about what to do and Andrea is not picking up on it,' he said.
    Cosby also described an early moment in their courtship, when he arranged an intimate meal at his Pennsylvania home and they were out of sight from his chef.
    'I take her hair and I pull it back and I have her face like this,' he said. 'And I'm talking to her... And I talked to her about relaxing, being strong. And I said to her, come in, meaning her body.'
    Cosby said he refrained from intercourse because he didn't want women to fall in love with him. He said it 'is something that I feel the woman will succumb to more of a romance and more of a feeling, not love, but it's deeper than a playful situation.'
    He added that he was not in love with Constand.
    After their association carried on for a few years, the incident in which he said he gave her half a tablet of Benadryl occurred.

+8

Rebecca Neal, left, and Beth Ferrier, right, were two of Bill Cosby's accusers who testified against Cosby in 2005 sex assault suit

Cosby admitted obtaining quaaludes to give to women in 2005

Cosby said it was to relieve stress, and they kissed and had sexual contact. Her lawyer said what he had given her was more powerful than Benadryl.
    Some time later, Constand moved to Canada and Cosby spoke with Constand's mother on the phone.
    Cosby said in the deposition that he was worried that Constand's mother thought of him as a 'dirty old man'.
    During the call, once he was speaking to Constand, he told her to tell her mother 'about the orgasm' so that she would realize their sexual contact was consensual.
    In the deposition, Cosby went on to explain the extraneous lengths he would go through to keep his wife, Camille, from finding out about his extramarital affairs.
    He explained blocking a magazine article to avoid publicity and passing money through a private account with his agent to one woman so 'Mrs Cosby' wouldn't find out about their relations.
    In the lawsuit, it's said that Contstand never sought funds, but Cosby thought his wife would have known he was helping her with education funds.

+8

Cosby called Constand a liar in the deposition, insisting that the sexual encounter they had was consensual

'My wife would not know it was because Andrea and I had had sex and that Andrea was now very, very upset and that she decided that she would like to go to school,' he said.
    Cosby also insisted that the only drug he gave Constand was Benadryl, but was open about his use of quaaludes, a sedative and popular party drug, in the 1970s.
    He said he obtained seven prescriptions for the drug from a Los Angeles doctor over the course of two or three years. He claimed it was for a sore back, but actually gave the drug to women.
    He said he gave women the drug at that time 'the same as a person would say have a drink', but without them knowing.
    He insisted the drug-taking and the sex were consensual.
    When he was asked about giving quaaludes to Therese Serignese, a woman he met in Las Vegas in 1976, he said: 'I don't know'.

+8

The release of the deposition came as former Playboy model Victoria Valentino (pictured) claimed Cosby had plied her with drugs to make her 'feel better' after the death of her son, then raped her

Joseph Cammarata, a lawyer for Serignese and two other women suing Cosby for defamation said of the deposition: 'This information is important because it sheds light on the private practices of a man who holds himself out as a public moralist.'
    Also in the deposition, Cosby explained a relationship with a woman named Beth Ferrier in the 1980s, where he recalled asking her about her career and her father, who had died of cancer.
    'Did you ask her those questions because you wanted to have sexual contact with her?' Troiani asked.
    'Yes,' Cosby responded.
    Cosby continued, however, to view himself as a standup man and said he was private about his relationships.
    'I am a man, the only way you will hear about who I had sex with is from the person I had it with,' he said.
    When Constand cried during her own deposition, Cosby appeared to be unfazed.
    'I think Andrea is a liar and I know she's a liar because I was there. I was there,' he said when Troiani asked him about the incident.
    Cosby also described sexual 'rendezvous' with at least five women in Denver, Las Vegas, New York and Pennsylvania.
    Thirteen women had come forward with anonymous sworn statements to support Constand's 2005 lawsuit, but their claims were never pursued because six months after questioning, Cosby settled the case with Constand on undisclosed terms.
    The release of the deposition came as a former Playboy model claimed Cosby had plied her with drugs to make her 'feel better' after the death of her son, then raped her.
    Victoria Valentino, now 72, says Cosby drugged her and a friend during dinner after he bumped into them at Cafe Figaro in Hollywood in February 1970, and she had told him about the death of her six-year-old son, Tony, who had drowned in the swimming pool at her home.

+8

+8

Ms Valentino, now 72, (pictured) says Cosby drugged her and a friend during dinner after he bumped into them at Cafe Figaro in Hollywood in February 1970, and she had told him about the death of her six-year-old son, Tony, who had drowned in the swimming pool at her home

Ms Valentino said Cosby had taken her, and her friend Meg, to dinner at a steak restaurant called Sneaky Pete's, where he had placed two tablets on the table in front of the women.

'He said they’d make us all feel better. I’d take anything that would make me feel better as I was hurting so much,' she told the Sunday Mirror.
    'Then he popped another one in my mouth. I started to spin. I couldn’t hold my head up, I couldn’t speak. I managed to say I wanted to go home and he said his driver would take me.'

According to Ms Valentino, he then drove them to his luxury office in the Hollywood Hills where he raped her as her friend lay unconscious.
    She says she had pulled Cosby away from her pal, provoking the entertainer to launch an attack on her instead.
    She said: 'It was so frightening, so awful. I felt I was the sacrificial lamb for my friend. Then he had sex with me twice, standing up while he was doing it.'
    Ms Valentino, who lives in Pasadena, California, said the revelations revealed in the deposition had not surprised her, but they had forced her to relive painful memories from her past.
    Ms Valentino, who had been Playboy magazine's Playmate of the Month for its September 1963 issue, said she never came forward because she felt she had no credibility, and only decided to tell her story in November last year, when she became the 16th woman to accuse Cosby of sexual assault.

Read more: Bill Cosby deposition from 2005 reveals IN HIS OWN WORDS his pursuit of sex | Daily Mail Online

dougie likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I'm happy to be reading this and not in shock, but I don't understand why it's publicly available if it was supposed to be confidential as part of the settlement. It says the New York Times got it from a court reporting service where it was publicly available. Does that mean it was leaked from somebody who worked there with access to the confidential documents? I am glad it was leaked, but that person should be prosecuted if it was illegal.

Elite Member

Constand's lawyer, Dolores M. Troiani, accused Cosby of 'making light of a very serious situation'.
    'That may very well be,' Cosby responded.

During the deposition, he described frustration with Constand after she failed to follow his advice of pursuing sports broadcasting.
    'Here's a mentor, Bill Cosby, who is in the business, Bill Cosby, who happens to know something about what to do and Andrea is not picking up on it,' he said.

Cosby said in the deposition that he was worried that Constand's mother thought of him as a 'dirty old man'.
    During the call, once he was speaking to Constand, he told her to tell her mother 'about the orgasm' so that she would realize their sexual contact was consensual.
    The gall of this man. Talking about himself in 3rd person, making jokes during a deposition, and wtf telling a young woman to talk to her mother about her orgasm with him to save his own reputation.
    He really thought he was above it all, that he wouldn't get caught, maybe even that he was entitled to act as he did.
    Last edited by idunno; July 19th, 2015 at 02:10 PM.

I'm happy to be reading this and not in shock, but I don't understand why it's publicly available if it was supposed to be confidential as part of the settlement.

The settlement terms were confidential but the depositions were not sealed. The media apparently just assumed they were, until the NY Times went to put in an FOIA request and was told the deposition was already publicly available on PACER (the federal network). It's just been sitting there the whole time but no one thought to look.
    llamamama and Kittylady like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    The settlement terms were confidential but the depositions were not sealed. The media apparently just assumed they were, until the NY Times went to put in an FOIA request and was told the deposition was already publicly available on PACER (the federal network). It's just been sitting there the whole time but no one thought to look. [/COLOR]
    Aha!! Thank you!

Thread Information