Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Like Tree1721Likes

Thread: Comedian Hannibal Buress Called Out Bill Cosby's Rape History on Stage

I can't pretend to know what these women are going through now or what they went through during the drugging/raping or the mostly many, many years in between. And it sounds like all of them are resigned to the fact that there's really nothing they can do at this point but to add their story to the growing pile of ever increasing women. I hope it, sincerely, gives them a little piece of relief with having finally told their stories. Each one is so similar to the next and it appalls me that it went on so long. And I totally get what Cindra was saying ... it was a different time, and it would have been very, very unlikely to get a rape conviction since she had already spent (platonic) time with him, the attacking of victims on the stand about totally absurd things like what they were wearing at the time and the idolization of Cosby in general would have swayed everything his way. I just hope with each story that comes out, each woman is able to lay her head of her pillow and know it was not her fault ... he was a predator ... and gets some semblance of finally letting go and putting it past them for good.
    idunno and lindsaywhit like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    And I totally get what Cindra was saying ... it was a different time, and it would have been very, very unlikely to get a rape conviction since she had already spent (platonic) time with him, the attacking of victims on the stand about totally absurd things like what they were wearing at the time and the idolization of Cosby in general would have swayed everything his way.
    Things have changed but nowhere near as much as we'd like to think or want them to have. Look at some of the cases we've all read of young women raped and abused by High School/College athletes who have been hounded and repeatedly victimised for daring to go to the police and, in some cases, even struggled to have charges filed. Even when there has been witnesses and cell phone footage clearly showing what happened there are people out there who will do everything they can to silence and vilify the victim because the abuser has some sort of public profile.
    idunno, Trixie, sparkles and 2 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Good. Now we need the accomplices. You don't drug and rape this many women over this many years without accomplices.

We need the drug dealers. And any shady fuckers who helped in any way. Over this many decades you can't tell me there wasn't at least one woman who was dropped off anonymously at a hospital for ODing. Or worse. He can't carry all those women himself.

Lisa Bonet, time to talk, girlfriend.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Things have changed but nowhere near as much as we'd like to think or want them to have. Look at some of the cases we've all read of young women raped and abused by High School/College athletes who have been hounded and repeatedly victimised for daring to go to the police and, in some cases, even struggled to have charges filed. Even when there has been witnesses and cell phone footage clearly showing what happened there are people out there who will do everything they can to silence and vilify the victim because the abuser has some sort of public profile.

So true. If you're raped by a stranger in an alley, it's one thing, but these party/date-rapes are another story. When they involve alcohol and/or drugs, and the woman wakes up with very little memory of what happened, it makes for a poor witness and a difficult prosecution.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    We need the drug dealers. And any shady fuckers who helped in any way.
    I think it's a doctor.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    So true. If you're raped by a stranger in an alley, it's one thing, but these party/date-rapes are another story. When they involve alcohol and/or drugs, and the woman wakes up with very little memory of what happened, it makes for a poor witness and a difficult prosecution.
    Don't forget bruises! Obviously if you froze completely and failed to get yourself beaten to a pulp you were actually consenting and if it was someone known to you or had previously or were currently dating things get even worse. FFS, marital rape was only finally outlawed in some European countries in the early '90's and in realistic terms that ain't that long ago!

And yet some people still won't believe Cosby's accusers because they didn't go to the police thirty or forty years ago when attitudes were harsher still.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

No reason to beat up an unconscious woman. And she's not saying NO, so there ya go. Consent.
    Kittylady likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Chelsea Handler Says She Was Nearly Another Cosby Victim

Chelsea Handler says the dozens of sexual assault accusations against Bill Cosby don't surprise her, because she herself was nearly "Cosbied" a decade ago. She told Esquire the close call happened one afternoon at an Atlantic City hotel, when Cosby tried to arrange a meeting in his room.
    "[S]omeone from the hotel came down and said, 'Oh, you know, Mr. Cosby would really like to meet you up in his hotel suite.' And I thought, That's really weird," she said.
    Fortunately, she had the foresight to bring along the film crew she was working with, cutting off the possibility that Cosby might try anything.
    "I brought them up with me to his room and thank God I did, because now I know what would've happened if I went up there alone," Handler said.
    A smart call, but not necessarily an obvious one ten years ago. This would've taken place around the time Cosby's first two accusers came forward in 2004 and 2005, but well before 30 other women revealed the erstwhile Cliff Huxtable's alleged penchant for drugging drinks and forcing himself on victims.

Handler said she'd forgotten all about the incident until one of the guys who was with her that day reminded her what happened.
    "He said, 'Hello! You could've been one of his victims if we weren't there.' And I went, 'Oh my gosh ' Yeah, so yeah, he's guilty."
    Yeah.
    Chelsea Handler Says She Was Nearly Another Cosby Victim

See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

"was nearly Cosbied..." lol. Recently for live trivia, we made our team name The Cosby Coladas.

Way to hitch your train to a scandal, Chelsea.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I like when women come out and say that he tried and nothing happened. Not that the other women need credibility, but it does lend credibility to the other stories because these women are not "crying rape".

His quotes from that interview sound like someone ran something back and forth through Google Translate a few hundred times.
    llamamama and crayzeehappee like this.

So wtf is he trying to say?! A car driving off a bridge? What?
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

He's talking nonsense and in circles. Same shit, he's washing his hands of all responsibility.

Thread Information