Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Like Tree1721Likes

Thread: Comedian Hannibal Buress Called Out Bill Cosby's Rape History on Stage

Wow. Apatow is going at this full force.
    BuffyKatniss and Kittylady like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Good for apatow.

ETA:

:
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; January 7th, 2015 at 10:03 PM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Well, Phylicia has backtracked a bit.

Phylicia Rashad on Cosby: 'Forget These Women' Was a Misquote

I'll post the whole article, if you want me to, but it's not that interesting. Basically she says, she was misquoted and never said 'Forget these women'. She did say that anyone is innocent till proven guilty, and that there's some big conspiracy to destroy Cosby the legend, although she doesn't know who's behind it.

The "Man" is behind it.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

There doesn't have to be anybody behind it. After Hannibal Burress made his joke, and it went viral, this thing (thanks to the Internet) took on a life of its own. The women who are continuing to come forward are doing it because it is easier for them now that they are not alone. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the fact that these women have found their courage decades later.
    Beeyotch, mostroop, Nevan and 4 others like this.

I guess the conspiracy was started back when the coach from Temple went public, but then they decided to wait 10 years to make another run at Bill. /end sarcasm.
    llamamama and Kittylady like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Maybe Bill pissed off the Illuminati.
    Kittylady and lindsaywhit like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/bill-cosby...230402439.html

Bill Cosby Scandal Adds 3 More Accusers; Gloria Allred Blasts Phylicia Rashad
    The Wrap By Tim Kenneally and Pamela Chelin 17 hours ago

Civil rights lawyer Gloria Allred took aim at scandal-plagued comedian Bill Cosby Wednesday, holding a press conference with three new women who claim that Cosby attacked them.

Allred also chastised Phylicia Rashad, Cosby’s former TV wife, who defended Cosby and said that people should “forget” his accusers in an interview published Tuesday.

The three women, who had not publicly spoken about the allegations prior to Wednesday’s conference, said that they “have decided they will not be intimidated by Cosby’s money, fame and power.”

One alleged victim, Linda Kirkpatrick, claimed that she met Cosby during a mixed doubles tennis tournament in Las Vegas in 1981. After she bested Cosby in their match, Kirkpatrick claimed she attended his show at the Las Vegas Hilton and, arriving at his dressing room, was given a “tall, thin champagne type of glass” by Cosby which contained a clear liquid that “tasted terrible.”

Later, in Cosby’s dressing room, Kirkpatrick claimed that he “was on top of me kissing me forcefully” even though she “had no interest in sex of any kind with Bill Cosby.”

Kirkpatrick added that she had “no conscious recollection of how I got home” and, the next day, “began violently throwing up … as a result of what I believe to be ingesting some kind of drug.”

Kirkpatrick said that Cosby apologized for his behavior and invited her back, after which he locked her in an aggressive hug and forcefully tried to kiss her.

A second accuser, identified as Lynn Neal (Allred said that, aside from Kirkpatrick, the accusers may not be using their real names) claimed that she met Cosby when she was a massage therapist in her mid-20s at a health club. Neal claimed that the comedian invited her to his show and later to dinner. According to Neal, Cosby gave her a shot of Stoli and, after the pair returned to his dressing room — with Neal in a “disoriented and confused” state — Cosby began having sex with her against her will.

“He built my trust by pretending to be a friend,” Neal said at the conference. “He drugged and raped me.”

A third accuser, identified as Kacey, said she worked as an assistant to Cosby’s personal appearances agent at William Morris in the ’90s. Kacey said that she was invited to Cosby’s bungalow, where he gave her a large, white pill that she took at his repeated insistence. Kacey claimed that she next remembers waking up in bed with a naked Cosby.

Regarding Rashad, who was harshly criticized for her defense of Cosby on Tuesday, Allred said, “Phylicia, you should be supporting these women rather than joining Cosby’s paid attack dogs who are trying to undermine them in any way that they can … if anyone did to you or to your daughter or to your sister or to your mother what Mr. Cosby is alleged to have done to these women, I have no doubt you would not be saying ‘forget these women.’ Instead you’d be supporting them.”

In December, Allred also held a press conference featuring three other women who accused Cosby of victimizing them.

More people speaking out against Phyllicia.

Judd Apatow, Tom Arnold, Norm MacDonald and Accusers Slam Phylicia Rashad's Defense of Bill Cosby

When I think about it, I am still pretty shocked that Bill Cosby is a rapist. I loved The Cosby Show and the way that he related with the characters, especially Rudy. I guess I find it hard to separate the actor from the character he played on TV. I just thought that it was type casting and that was the way he was. If I were one of those women, I would have accepted a drink from him no questions asked, I probably would have let him babysit my kids. I guess I thought he was asexual, clearly he's NOT. I think the people denying he could have done this are having a hard time letting go of their preconceived notions of him being just the best guy ever. Except for the black guys that he told to pull their pants up, they were probably done with him.
    nwgirl and lindsaywhit like this.

Cosby: 'Trust Me.'*|*Cindra Ladd

Cosby: 'Trust Me.'

In 1969 I met Bill Cosby while working in New York for the late film producer Ray Stark. I was a 21-year-old single woman in the world's most exciting city. He was a 32-year-old internationally known comedian and television star, one of the most likeable and popular entertainers in the business. He asked for my number and I gave it to him.

We began hanging out, took in a movie, watched television and ate pizza and hot dogs in my apartment with my roommate. He was married to his current wife and he acted like a perfect gentleman who didn't come on to either of us, which, I have to admit, made me wonder what his objective was.
    One night we were going out to a movie. We agreed to meet at an apartment that he said belonged to a friend of his. I had a terrible headache but didn't want to cancel the evening. He told me he had a miracle cure his doctor had given him that would get rid of the headache. He went into another room and came back with a capsule. I asked a couple of times what it was. Each time he reassured me, asking, "Don't you trust me?" Of course I did. This was Bill Cosby.

For more than 45 years I have tried to recall exactly what happened that night. To this day it remains a blur. I have a vague recollection of feeling like I was floating while walking through Times Square and watching some kind of Japanese samurai movie with him. I don't remember where the theater was nor very much of the evening.
    What I do recall, vividly and clearly, is waking up the next morning nude in the bed of his friend's apartment and seeing Cosby wearing a white terrycloth bathrobe and acting as if there was nothing unusual. It was obvious to me that he had had sex with me. I was horrified, embarrassed and ashamed. There was a mirror above the bed, which shocked me further.
    After some awkward small talk, I got out of there as fast as I could. Once in the elevator, I broke down crying, which I continued to do as I walked home to my apartment in the east 70s. It never occurred to me to go to the police. It was a different time and "date rape" was a concept that didn't exist. I just kept asking myself over and over in disbelief why this had happened to me. Other than my roommate, I did not discuss that night with anyone for 36 years.

Like millions of people, I watched The Cosby Show at its zenith and was a fan. But as I watched Dr. Cliff Huxtable, so compassionate and kind, so honorable and wise, I could never reconcile that image with the Bill Cosby I encountered so many years ago.
    Those who suffer from these types of assaults know the prison of shame, bewilderment and disbelief. Like so many victims, my way of coping was to shove the memory into the back of my mind. I only revealed nine years ago what happened that night to my husband of nearly 30 years after another woman went public with similar allegations and sued Cosby. I always thought I was the only one. I couldn't believe he had done this to others. I told my story to our attorney, who is also a good friend, because I was considering going public then, but eventually chose not to because the case was settled.

This is the first time I have chosen to speak out about that night. It is also the last time I intend to address it publicly. I have no plans to sue, I don't want or need money. I have no plans for a press conference or for doing any interviews.
    So why speak out at all and why now? The simple answer is that it's the right thing to do. The truth deserves to be known. As I write this, more than 20 women have come forward, many with stories that are remarkably similar to mine. In response to these brave women, I have read comments like, "What took them so long?" and "What are they after now"? I would ask these people to remember that up until relatively recently, prosecuting rape was a "he said/she said" proposition where the victim was blamed for having worn "suggestive clothing" or questioned as to why she went somewhere with her rapist.

When this happened to me, the idea of drugging someone and raping them was almost fantastical. It was years before "date rape" drugs made the news, but it was a perfect modus operandi for a predator, rendering his victim unconscious or so incapacitated as to be unable to clearly answer police questions about the incident. After having done a lot of work on myself, I realize that we are only as sick as the secrets we keep. Once those secrets are spoken aloud, even if to just one person, they lose their power. I no longer feel the shame that kept me silent. Yes, I could have told my story years ago, and in hindsight I probably should have. It's time now that my voice be added and to finally pull the curtain back from this dark moment in my life.

Having come of age in the late 1960s and early 1970s before marrying in the mid 1980s at 37, I certainly have a history. The difference is that any other relationships were consensual ... my encounter with Bill Cosby was most certainly not.
    In the years since that night I have crossed paths with Cosby only once, when my husband, a highly successful Oscar-winning film executive and producer, introduced me to him. I was shaking, wondering if he would recognize me by my unusual first name. His reaction spoke volumes. To Bill Cosby, I was just another stranger.
    Cindra Ladd is a former entertainment executive in the film business who currently is involved with various charities in Los Angeles. Her husband, Alan Ladd Jr., is a film producer whose works includes Blade Runner, The Right Stuff and the Academy Award-winning best pictures Braveheart and Chariots of Fire. During his more than 50-year career he also served as president of Twentieth Century Fox and Chairman of MGM/UA.
    Last edited by Raff; January 26th, 2015 at 10:45 PM.
    llamamama, Trixie and lindsaywhit like this.

^ Bill Cosby is thinking "Oh shit, I raped Alan Ladd, Jr's wife, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!"

Wow. That's one powerful statement.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    I have a feeling that there is a really famous woman out there who he drugged and raped. Someone that will shock everybody. Not that she'd be more Important but she'd probably be believed more than the others.

I believe them all.
    I think Cindra Ladd qualifies.

Good for her. That has to feel like a weight off her shoulders.

I love how she handled her statement.

Thread Information