Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Like Tree1721Likes

Thread: Comedian Hannibal Buress Called Out Bill Cosby's Rape History on Stage

^^^ Two things with this.

Raven-Symone was a baby when she was on Cosby and that wasn't his type, so I take her denial with a huge grain of salt.

I wouldn't listen to anyone on the Cosby Show ... the show was pulled off the air and their paycheck suddenly stopped coming. That's total motivation to come out and defend someone who appears as guilty as hell.

PS: I never saw his other Cosby daughter on Celebrity Apprentice. How interesting that she wouldn't call him.
    llamamama likes this.

I take Raven's statement as it was given - he did not abuse her - end of her role - now move on. She did not accuse or defend him.

Kyshia did not defend him either. She simply said that was not the man she knew. I did not hear her say she didn't didn't believe the accusers.

Phylicia straight up defended him. I do believe she did it for the paycheck.
    Last edited by sluce; January 7th, 2015 at 02:21 PM.
    llamamama and Kittylady like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

This reminds me, many years back my friend wanted to set me up on a blind date with an attractive guy but I heard that he was abusive from a few different friends. I told my friend no thanks but he really wanted me to go out with him, so he called somebody else to ask about him and he was evasive and said, "Well, that has not been my experience with him." My friend said, "See? Now you can go out with him." I told my friend, "Can't you read between the lines???"
    Kittylady likes this.

"Forget these women. What you're seeing is the destruction of a legacy. And I think it's orchestrated. I don't know why or who's doing it, but it's the legacy. And it's a legacy that is so important to the culture."
    i think phylicia selfishly but understandably more upset about what this scandal represents for the legacy of Bill Cosby which is mostly about the legacy of the Cosby Show and she doesn't want that to be tainted by Bill being a fucking serial rapist. She was an integral part of a show that was iconic and groundbreaking in so many ways and was pretty much the first (and only?) time a show with an all black cast reached that level of mainstream success not only in the US but around the world. that's massive. and now, whenever people think about the show, the first thing that will come to mind is bill cosby drugging and raping all those women.

in her mind, preserving that legacy for black culture is more important than the truth coming out and bill cosby being held accountable for his crimes. and while i don't defend it, i do understand it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

maybe he didn't hit on phylicia so she doesn't think it is true.
    sluce and llamamama like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think phylicia selfishly but understandably more upset about what this scandal represents for the legacy of Bill Cosby which is mostly about the legacy of the Cosby Show and she doesn't want that to be tainted by Bill being a fucking serial rapist. She was an integral part of a show that was iconic and groundbreaking in so many ways and was pretty much the first (and only?) time a show with an all black cast reached that level of mainstream success not only in the US but around the world. that's massive. and now, whenever people think about the show, the first thing that will come to mind is bill cosby drugging and raping all those women.

in her mind, preserving that legacy for black culture is more important than the truth coming out and bill cosby being held accountable for his crimes. and while i don't defend it, i do understand it.
    I agree, but think she's concerned about her own legacy as well, after all this was the role of her career and until the scandal, it appeared the show would live on for years in reruns and residual checks. I don't know what kind of money the Cosby cast made, but for many of them it might still have been a major source of income and now that's gone. So it would be in all their best interests to have this "scandal" go away. The younger ones can all claim ignorance since they were just kids, and maybe he did treat them all well, it's not like there have been any pedo allegations. But Phylicia is the one adult woman who worked closely with him for 8 seasons and beyond so I guess it's up to her to defend him. But I don't think she's exactly objective because there's a lot at stake for her personally too.
    sputnik, twitchy2.0 and idunno like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

One of Phylicia's defenses is that there was no way Camille Cosby would've ignored the kind of behavior her husband is accused of: "This is a tough woman, a smart woman. She's no pushover."

Hilary Clinton is also a tough woman, a smart woman, no pushover.

czb

i don't see how you can compare camille and hilary. hilary had her own ambitions, and not sure if she cared if bill was shtuping other women. unless it derailed the image they needed at the time.

Camille turned her head for years. She knew damned good and well he owned a home in Philly but she never stayed there. They often led separate lives and it seems her only rule was that he was discreet.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

there's also a big difference between being married to a cheater or married to a serial rapist.
    mostroop, sluce, sputnik and 2 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'm not saying that Bill Cosby and Bill Clinton are alike, but saying that she's tough and smart, so she must not have known, doesn't make sense to me. Is Phylicia admitting that Camille knew that her husband was a cheater, just not a rapist? I wonder how much Camille knew about the extent of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

You said beautifully exactly what I was thinking.
    sputnik likes this.

Bill Clinton didn't have to drug women up to fuck them.

Anyone who gets off on fucking drugged up unconscious women is someone with a serious problem who doesn't even need to be walking the streets.

If this were about him merely fucking a bunch of willing women then it would be one thing. I'm disappointed in PAA.
    Kittylady likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Bill Clinton didn't have to drug women up to fuck them.

Anyone who gets off on fucking drugged up unconscious women is someone with a serious problem who doesn't even need to be walking the streets.

If this were about him merely fucking a bunch of willing women then it would be one thing. I'm disappointed in PAA.
    Sad thing, neither did he. There are plenty of women who would have been willing to have sex with him. They would have been willing to pretend to be dead/passed out/or whatever his desire was.
    He's just a sick, perverse, cretin who preferred to rape these women.
    llamamama likes this.

Thread Information