Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Like Tree1721Likes

Thread: Comedian Hannibal Buress Called Out Bill Cosby's Rape History on Stage

Camille was a beautiful, sheltered teenager with rich and overprotective parents when she met Bill. I wouldn't be surprised if he idealized her and thought other women were just trash - she and her family represented literally everything Bill's family wasn't: her parents were highly regarded academics, the family was devoutly Catholic, cultured, well off, etc. Camille was beautiful but inexperienced and he couldn't just bang and run on her (she wouldn't put out due to her religion and her parents kept a close watch on her relationships).

She was the perfect wife in Bill's eyes IMO. She had the looks, background and the willingness to go from one sheltered home to another. She's got wealth, but it's Bill's wealth. She's highly educated, but it's based on Bill's work (her doctorate was literally about the impact of TV on black self-perception, shockingly she found Bill Cosby's work to be the best). Marriage to Bill has given her status in the Black community: he paid to have buildings named after her and he made worship of her central to his work. In exchange, she had to pop out a bunch of babies and turn a blind eye. She's been doing it for 50 years, I'm sure she's convinced the women are just disgruntled ex-girlfriends. Camille knew about Bill's rampant cheating. At one point he was carousing all over L.A. and Vegas while she was living on the East Coast raising their kids alone.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I've read that her father was in the army, an officer, and that they were middle class, not rich. Although, compared to Bill who grew up very poor i guess that it's all relative.....
    Camille is the daughter of an Army colonel and was raised in a solidly middle-class family. Cosby is the son of a Navy mess steward and a domestic worker; his family lived in Philadelphia's housing projects. Bill Cosby's Wife (in Real Life) - Philly.com

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Still not many stepping up to defend his honor. If he really was like she says, Hollywood would be demanding to be heard.
    The best he got so far is Kathie Lee Gifford saying that while he made a pass at her, at least he didn't drug her.
    sprynkles likes this.

Elite Member

One of Cosby's daughters is speaking up for him as well. In the comments to this article, some people are saying that a different daughter to Cosby was raped by Mike Tyson, but the Cosbys convinced her not to press charges. Supposedly the same daughter, whose drug addition story Cosby sold to Natl. Enquirer. It's not a story I've heard before, but if true it's just awful.

Bill Cosby's Daughter Thinks Rape Accusers Should Go to Prison

Bill Cosby's daughter does not think her father is a serial rapist. Thirty-eight year old Evin Cosby has taken to Facebook to express her support for her father and mother while suggesting that the more than twenty women who have accused her father of drugging, raping or attempting to rape them are lying.

Evin Cosby unsurprisingly, echoes the same disbelief as her mother who yesterday compared her husband's predicament to the UVA rape debacle. Mediatite notes that she has been posting similar messages of support since early December with an increase over the past 24 hours.

On Monday Evin wrote:
    Rape is a serious allegation and it is suppose to be taken VERY seriously but so is Falsely accusing someone. When someone rapes a person they go to prison. THAT should also happen to the person that has wrongfully accused an innocent victim.They are not ONLY destroying innocent people's life they are ALSO making it hard for the MEN and Women to find justice when they have been raped.
    As Slate points out and as many of us know, most people who commit rape don't actually go to prison.

Cosby recently spoke to the Associated Press making the delusional assertion that he hoped black journalists would have remained "neutral" throughout this storm. Yesterday, we learned that a 24-year-old model has come forward claiming that Cosby sexually assaulted her.

In addition to criticizing Beverly Johnson's appearance on The View where she talked about being drugged by Cosby in the 80s, Evin suggests that the women are lying because they couldn't possibly remember being raped if they were indeed drugged by her father.
    Drugged- you can remember the whole damn day but you were drugged? Just sayin. Memory- you can remember you looked at (allegedly) eachother, people were starring allegedly remembering your home address allegedly the name you called him allegedly But you were allegedly drugged.
    It's hard to imagine how difficult it would be to believe that someone so close to you is capable of such heinous things, but in no realm of reality are a series of rambling victim-blaming Facebook posts the way to go about expressing support.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I've read that her father was in the army, an officer, and that they were middle class, not rich. Although, compared to Bill who grew up very poor i guess that it's all relative.....
    She was from a upper echelon African American family in DC, went to parochial school and was at University of Maryland. Her father may have been an Army Colonel but people in her family had a long history of being educated and successful. While perhaps only slightly middle class compared to whites at the time this was solidly upper echelon in the African American community.

That said, she's a delusional beyotch in my eyes now that she is attacking the victims. Should have kept her mouth shut.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoopqueen View Post
    She was from a upper echelon African American family in DC, went to parochial school and was at University of Maryland. Her father may have been an Army Colonel but people in her family had a long history of being educated and successful. While perhaps only slightly middle class compared to whites at the time this was solidly upper echelon in the African American community.

That said, she's a delusional beyotch in my eyes now that she is attacking the victims. Should have kept her mouth shut.
    Both of Camille's parents were college graduates, her father had a Masters Degree. I agree, her family was definitely upper class for their times.
    snoopqueen likes this.

Elite Member

The fact that Camille and her family are well educated doesn't make it easier to break out of an abusive/controlling relationship.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    The fact that Camille and her family are well educated doesn't make it easier to break out of an abusive/controlling relationship.
    I don't think any of us are saying that. We're discussing her background, which seemed relatively sheltered. If anything, being sheltered, marrying young, etc leads to an even more difficult time breaking out.

As an aside, she dropped out of school when she married and returned when her children were basically grown.
    Kittylady and snoopqueen like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I don't think any of us are saying that. We're discussing her background, which seemed relatively sheltered. If anything, being sheltered, marrying young, etc leads to an even more difficult time breaking out.

As an aside, she dropped out of school when she married and returned when her children were basically grown.
    I didn't mean to imply that you did. I was just making a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    It also fascinates me that he always talks about her like she's the most amazing mother, wife and woman that's ever lived, even way back in Bill Cosby: Himself. And he speaks about her strength all the time. It's like he's put her on this pedestal and then treats all the other women around him as if they only exist to please him, whether they want to or not.
    madonna/whore complex taken to the extreme. there's the women you marry/have kids with/respect, and the women you fuck/rape/throw away and then call lying bitches.

his wife is the saint - educated, poised, beautiful, motherly. he was probably never turned on by her but he wanted to marry her.
    all other women are just trash, for bill to fuck and throw away. and he drugs them, so he doesn't even need them to move or be anything more than bodies for him to violate.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I wonder if Camille somehow rationalised it to herself two ways; first with the sad and tired way thinking that bad things don't happen to good girls therefore these women brought it on themselves by mixing with a married man, and secondly that his choosing to have sexual contact with other women in this way (regardless of whether it was willing or not) was less of a threat to her marriage than, say, a mistress who might develop an emotional hold on her husband and cause him to leave her.

Both are fucked up ways of thinking but I've seen wives and long term partners willingly blind themselves to their man's free ranging penis so long as the affairs or one night stands didn't threaten the security of their comfortable home life so perhaps Camille is at the extreme end of that spectrum.
    Trixie and lindsaywhit like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^ I agree with you both. I think she knows exactly what kind of man she married but she's rationalized and compartmentalized for years now. Plus I do think she's heavily medicated. That blank look in her eyes combined with the plastered-on smile. Very Stepford-like little robot.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Kathie Lee Gifford Says Bill Cosby Hit On Her

While Bill Cosby was married and touring with Kathie Lee Gifford back in the 70’s she says that he made a pass at her.
    “I will admit, toward the very, very end of the last time I saw him, he did try to kiss me. I said, ‘No.’ I said, ‘Bill, we’re friends.’ He said, ‘Okay, goodnight,’ and I said, ‘Goodnight.’ And I went into my room, and he went into his room.”
    In the Today show segment where Gifford revealed the pass she also says that she never witnessed Cosby drugging women or raping them. Umm yeah, I wouldn’t think you would have. She says that when she read Beverly Johnson’s account of Cosby making cappuccino that it sent chills up the spine of Gifford because Cosby would make her a cappuccino every night for when she got off stage. To me that specific drink and his fondness for them just makes me believe Beverly Johnson even more. For her part Gifford says that she is not calling the women liars but just doesn’t know enough to decide whether the allegations are true. I think she was really wishy washy and should have come down a little harder on the guy.

Dec 17, 2014Enty

See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I wonder if Camille somehow rationalised it to herself two ways; first with the sad and tired way thinking that bad things don't happen to good girls therefore these women brought it on themselves by mixing with a married man, and secondly that his choosing to have sexual contact with other women in this way (regardless of whether it was willing or not) was less of a threat to her marriage than, say, a mistress who might develop an emotional hold on her husband and cause him to leave her.

Both are fucked up ways of thinking but I've seen wives and long term partners willingly blind themselves to their man's free ranging penis so long as the affairs or one night stands didn't threaten the security of their comfortable home life so perhaps Camille is at the extreme end of that spectrum.
    He did admit to an affair and his wife took the stand of "that was then and this is now". There was a girl claiming to be his child via that affair. She wasn't but he copped to a long term affair with her mother. Her name was Autumn Jackson- she was convicted of trying to extort money from him.

ETA: Her mother is actually now saying Cosby drugged her as well.
    Kittylady likes this.

I've read that her father was in the army, an officer,

Her father was an Army colonel turned research chemist.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Thread Information