Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Like Tree1721Likes

Thread: Comedian Hannibal Buress Called Out Bill Cosby's Rape History on Stage

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Why oh why do all these brothers have to be in trouble at the same time? Bill, Obama, the wife-beating football players...? WTF?
    Can you imagine how much more of a blow this would have been to the public if Cosby hadn't morphed lately into a moral scold who criticized people for not working hard enough or pulling their pants up high enough? I'm not even sure if Hannibal Burress would have included a joke in his routine about Cosby since the "joke" basically turns on Cosby being a big hypocrite.

Shits getting real now.... Gloria Allred has wormed her way into the case.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/bill-cosby...215900090.html
    Bill Cosby Scandal Widens as Three Alleged Victims Come Forward
    The Wrap By Tim Kenneally and Pamela Chelin 1 hour ago

The scandal surrounding Bill Cosby widened on Wednesday, as attorney Gloria Allred held a press conference with three women who claim that they were sexually assaulted by the besieged actor-comedian.

Allred was joined at the conference by the alleged victims — Beth Ferrier, who was the Jane Doe #5 in an earlier lawsuit filed against Cosby; a second victim identified as Helen Hayes; and a third, identified only as Chelan — who detailed the alleged abuse that Cosby subjected them to.

During the conference, held at Allred's law office in Los Angeles, the attorney also offered two proposals for the former “Cosby Show” star: Either waive the statute of limitations and give the alleged victims their day in court, or place $100 million in a fund, and allow a panel of arbiters to determine if the alleged victims were entitled to any of the money.

“Bill Cosby could agree to waive the statute. Then Bill and the accusers would have opportunity to go before a judge and jury and everybody wins,” Allred said during the conference.

“If Mr. Cosby doesn't want to waive the statute of limitations because he is not willing to subject himself to scrutiny in a court of law, he should agree to place $100 million into a fund and anyone who claims she was a victim could appear before a panel of retired judges who serve as arbitrators, who would determine compensation if the claim is found to have merit,” Allred added.

In a statement, Ferrier claimed that she engaged in an extramarital affair with Cosby when she was a model in the mid '80s. After breaking things off, she claimed, she attended a club appearance by Cosby, who served her a cappuccino backstage.

“After I drank it, I felt dizzy and lost consciousness,” Ferrier's statement read. “The next thing I knew, hours had passed, and I woke up in the back of my car alone. My clothes were a mess; my bra was undone.”

Hayes, meanwhile, claimed that she encountered Cosby in the summer of 1973 while attending a tennis tournament in Pebble Beach, California. She said that Cosby followed her party around all day, “even though we had changed restaurants several times to avoid him.”

Eventually, Hayes claimed, Cosby “approached me from behind and reached over my shoulder and grabbed my right breast.”

Hayes added, “His behavior was like that of a predator.”

Chelan, who was teary through most of the conference, told reporters that she encountered Cosby in 1986 when, as a 17-year-old aspiring model and employee at the Las Vegas Hilton, Cosby invited her to one of his Vegas shows after her father's wife sent a letter and some pictures to Cosby. Cosby told her to meet him at the Elvis Presley suite, and that he would introduce her to someone from the Ford modeling agency, Chelan claimed.

She added that she had a cold at the time, and that Cosby gave her what he said was an antihistamine, along with a double shot of Amaretto.

“He was rubbing my neck and saying that he might have to have someone come in to give me stress therapy. He had me put on a Hilton robe because someone from the Ford agency was coming up to the suite and that I should wet my hair so that they could see the texture of my hair,” she added.

Someone did arrive at the room, she said, and left after taking a couple of pictures and telling her to lose 10 pounds,” Chelan claimed.

In recent weeks, more than a dozen women have come forward to level accusations at Cosby. In wake of the allegations, NBC decided not to go forward with a comedy in development that Cosby would have starred in, while Netflix postponed a comedy special featuring Cosby. The comedian also resigned from the board of trustees at Temple University.

In the wake of the mounting accusations against the 77-year-old comedian, his attorney Martin Singer released a statement saying: “The new, never-before-heard claims from women who have come forward in the past two weeks with unsubstantiated, fantastical stories about things they say occurred 30, 40, or even 50 years ago have escalated far past the point of absurdity.

“These brand new claims about alleged decades-old events are becoming increasingly ridiculous, and it is completely illogical that so many people would have said nothing, done nothing, and made no reports to law enforcement or asserted civil claims if they thought they had been assaulted over a span of so many years,” Singer claimed.

On Wednesday morning, Cosby marginally broke his silence with tweets of gratitude to both Whoopi Goldberg and Jill Scott, thanking them for their support.
    BuffyKatniss likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I don't always care for Gloria or the way she works, but as they say "There is a time and place for everything".

I think we may have finally reached the real time and place for Gloria. Mr. Cosby, meet what this woman has been training for her entire life...
    BuffyKatniss and lindsaywhit like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Sorry but Gloria is off her rocker here and making unrealistic proposals that only serve to get attention for herself. No way Cosby will agree to waive the statute of limitations or agree to set up an account of 100 million in case victims come forward.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

But it will be fun to watch her gnaw on him a little.
    sluce and lindsaywhit like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

no. gloria is a fucking joke and shouldn't be allowed to represent any of these women.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Don't get me wrong, I think he's guilty as hell, but having Gloria involved trying to turn this into a money grab only gives Cosby's attorney ammunition, i.e., that all these women are just jumping on the bandwagon for attention or cash.

And the one woman, her only claim is that Cosby followed her around one day and then touched her breast? Not to minimize it or say she shouldn't tell her story, but to hire Gloria Allred too? Please.
    SHELLEE, czb, Mel1973 and 4 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I agree trixie. Gloria is vile and is doing this just to get her name in the news again.
    BITTER likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

agree. gloria is a money grubbing piece of shit who doesn't give two shits about these women. i loathe that fucking ambulance chasing twat.
    BITTER, Mrs P and Kittylady like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Can you imagine how much more of a blow this would have been to the public if Cosby hadn't morphed lately into a moral scold who criticized people for not working hard enough or pulling their pants up high enough? I'm not even sure if Hannibal Burress would have included a joke in his routine about Cosby since the "joke" basically turns on Cosby being a big hypocrite.
    I didn't hate him for that, not really. He made some valid points about some things happening in our community. But I guess it all blew up in his face once the rape allegations came out.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Shits getting real now.... Gloria Allred has wormed her way into the case.
    I despise her; she's an opportunist.
    sluce likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

She's the Al Sharpton of women's rights.

Cosby strikes back at accuser: She tried to extort him

Maria Puente, USA TODAY7:50 a.m. EST December 5, 2014

(Photo: Photo by Phelan M. Ebenhack/ AP)

Bill Cosby's lawyers have struck back at one of his accusers in court, declaring that she tried to extort him for a quarter-million dollars and that she attempted to sell her story to a tabloid a decade ago.
    If so, it would undermine the lawsuit Judy Huth filed against Cosby on Tuesday in California, claiming he molested her at the Playboy Mansion 40 years ago when she was 15.
    In a court filing Thursday by Cosby's attorney, Martin Singer, is seeking dismissal of Huth's lawsuit and monetary damages, according to The Associated Press.
    He wrote that her suit was filed only after she tried to extort $100,000, from Cosby, in exchange for her silence, a month ago. Later she bumped it up to $250,000 as more women came forward recently to allege Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted them in decades past, according to the filing.

A California woman has become the latest alleged victim to say she was sexually assaulted by comedian Bill Cosby. A lawsuit she filed against him is the latest fallout after weeks of controversy and at least accusations against him.

TMZ reports that Cosby's filing claims Huth tried to sell her story to the tabloids around 10 years ago but none agreed to pay.
    If true, this would be crucial because Huth's lawsuit stated she only recently discovered that she had suffered psychological damage as a result of the alleged molestation.
    As a minor at the time, under California law, she would have to file a lawsuit seeking compensation from Cosby within three years of remembering the incident and connecting it to her trauma.
    If she was trying to sell her story 10 years ago, that would fall far outside the deadline of "connecting the dots."
    Also, Huth's lawsuit was not accompanied by a required certification from a psychologist that the trauma was newly discovered. The certification is required for the case to proceed under rules that extend the statute of limitations, Cosby's filing states.
    Meanwhile, in another blow to Cosby's image, the U.S. Navy announced Thursday it was revoking the entertainment icon's honorary title of chief petty officer, presented to him in 2011, because the multiplying allegations of sexual abuse conflict with the Navy's core values.
    Cosby strikes back at accuser: She tried to extort him

This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

http://www.ibtimes.com/comedian-faiz...ltdown-1728045

Comedian Faizon Love Defends Bill Cosby, Slams Hannibal Buress In Vulgar Twitter Meltdown

By Connor Adams Sheets@ConnorASheetsc.sheets@ibtimes.com on November 22 2014 6:24 PM

Actor and comedian Faizon Love has spent the past four days melting down on Twitter, defending Bill Cosby against rape allegations, deriding the women who have accused him of sexual assault, and slamming comedian Hannibal Buress for discussing the Cosby scandal in his comedy act. Love, a middling comic who occasionally crops up in controversies with other entertainers, released a slew of tweets beginning Wednesday that put him in the crosshairs of Twitter users appalled by what he was saying.

But Love, a cast member of the short-lived ABC series "The Big House," continued to dig himself deeper into a hole as the criticism mounted, hurling racial slurs and insults at people who couldn't stomach his controversial views.

The whole controversy, which led to "Faizon Love" being a top trending topic nationwide on Twitter Saturday, appears to have begun Thursday when Love tweeted the following message: "I'm gonna say it because Mr.Cosby can't... F*** them b*****s and they mamas to!!! And the house n**** Hanibal Buress too."

The backlash was immediate, with the first response to his tweet reading "lol bruh...you gonna regret this..." Some of his nearly 25,000 followers appeared to agree with him, tweeting "true" and other acknowledgments in response, though a number also responded by saying they were unfollowing him in response to his remarks.

He continued to tweet derogatory messages defending himself against detractors, including this one on Friday: "whats f***ed about this!!!! they covering these funky b****es story more than when Mr. Cosby son was murdered on the 405 #F***THEMB****ES."

Love's supporters began to tweet more messages backing him and his defense of Cosby against allegations by at least 13 women who allege he sexually assaulted them, in incidents spanning five decades.

"@FAIZONLOVE SAY DAT DEN!! No proof, No convictions, & they took money? Yeah, i question these h*es motives," Twitter user @KEMPSAIDWHAT tweeted.

Love has yet to apologize for his words, instead choosing to double down on them in the past two days. He tweeted a number of insults at people criticizing his opinions, calling them "house n****s" and "porch monkeys" while repeating his assertion Cosby's accusers are lying.

Some Twitter users wondered via tweets whether Love's account had been hacked, but there was no indication that was the case as of Saturday evening.

Love is no stranger to controversy, having been involved in an ongoing flame war with fellow funnyman Katt Williams. He also was arrested on a domestic violence charge in 2011, according to Radar Online.

He also was arrested on a domestic violence charge in 2011, according to Radar Online.
    I, for one, am shocked that a guy that tweets 'FUCKTHEMBITCHES' was arrested for domestic violence.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I know, he seems like such a sweet non ignorant guy.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Thread Information