Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree1721Likes

Thread: Comedian Hannibal Buress Called Out Bill Cosby's Rape History on Stage

I got stuck reading all (and I do mean damn near all) the news about him this weekend. It's all over for him, whether he goes to jail or not. I'd say "not", because all the cases I read about are waaaay old, but he's done. DONE. He can retire in his wealth and he and his Joe Paterno Wife wannabe can live out their sunset years in glorious obscurity, but I think he is absolutely cooked.
    nana51 likes this.

I assume you meant Sandusky wife wannabe?
    Sylkyn likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

He's resigned from his college's board?
    He's guilty. He's not fighting this thing because I fear it is the truth.
    Dummy.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Bitter - Have you seen the local news where they interview young woman who defend him and say they don't believe he ever did it?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

My daughter doesn't believe it either. I told her that just because he played a nice guy on tv, it doesn't mean he's a nice guy in real life.
    Kittylady likes this.

I think it is easier for many of us to believe good over evil when it comes to the actions of others. It just seems easier for many to relax there in that space of rainbows and roses. .... How many times has Cosby spoken out in criticism about the behaviors of other people among his race in particular? Also, where is the Huxtable cast in all of this... Clar? to me, their silence, more or less, is very telling.
    Shinola likes this.

^ Not only the Huxtable cast, but where is...anybody? Is anyone speaking out on his behalf? Besides his lawyer? Maybe I blinked and missed it but it seems the entire world is distancing from him.
    sluce and bootspaige like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Bronze Member

jill scott has defended him on twitter. she comes off like a complete idiot, too.

I have a lady I work with that doesn't believe it about Cosby either, but she also thinks Michael Jackson was innocent and falsely accused of being a pedophile. But, she does believe Sandusky molested all of those boys....so go figure. Blows my mind....

Elite Member

I have to admit, I don't want to look at the evidence against MJ. I don't believe he's innocent, but since he was a part of my childhood (growing up with his music, having his & Donny Osmond's posters all over my wall), I just don't want to see it.

It is the same disappointment with Bill, his comedy albums were a part of my childhood listening.

he deserves all that he gets from this. It really is so very little when you consider the lives he negatively impacted.
    sprynkles likes this.

I liked his work (loved me some Picture Pages and Fat Albert back in the day) but he's still guilty imo. I'll give him credit for his work but I'll give it all up just to avoid supporting him. Could never see him the same way anyway. Plus he just became so damn finger-waggy and unlikeable anyway in the last 20 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I assume you meant Sandusky wife wannabe?
    I did. Mea culpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I liked his work (loved me some Picture Pages and Fat Albert back in the day) but he's still guilty imo. I'll give him credit for his work but I'll give it all up just to avoid supporting him. Could never see him the same way anyway. Plus he just became so damn finger-waggy and unlikeable anyway in the last 20 years or so.
    Why did you have to remind me he did Fat Albert? Now I can't ever watch it again or sing Basketball Jones in the shower. Damn that was in my top 10 shower songs.

Is there a shower songs thread?

Eta phew just googled it and it's Cheech & Chong not Fat Albert. Gonna smoke me a bowl to celebrate.
    Kittylady and spinmonkey like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I have a lady I work with that doesn't believe it about Cosby either, but she also thinks Michael Jackson was innocent and falsely accused of being a pedophile. But, she does believe Sandusky molested all of those boys....so go figure. Blows my mind....

Cosby and Jacko had better PR machines that worked hard at making them appear loveable, kind and harmless (if rather odd as well, in Jacko's case). That's the only difference.
    Shinola likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Raven Simone has I think. But then again, I think she might have been responding to a rumor that Cosby was inappropriate with her. I remember her saying she was practically a baby when on that show and everyone treated her well and she had nothing bad to say and people just need to stfu.

I'm betting he was inappropriate with Lisa Bonet.

Now that ya'll mention this, I'm wanting to hear from these women. Especially Phylicia Rashad, Lisa Bonet, Tempestt Bledsoe. Even Sondra.
    Kittylady and bootspaige like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Thread Information