Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A coffee break w/ Sanjaya Malakar: proving there is life after Idol

Come back and tell me more about the commercial!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    *First*

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    It appears that he is doing a commercial for "potted meat" (from #1Sanjayafan's profile)
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

I LOVE Potted Meat because Sanjaya loves Potted Meat. I also love goofy looking hats and wifebeaters because Sanjaya loves goofy looking hats and wifebeaters.

Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

WTF is "potted" meat?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by IheartParis View Post
    WTF is "potted" meat?
    NSFW http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...42/sanjaya.jpg
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

^^^
    He tucked his potted meat between his legs! I don't know whether to laugh, barf, or scream

Quote Originally Posted by IheartParis View Post
    It appears that he is doing a commercial for "potted meat" (from #1Sanjayafan's profile)
    Is that like Spotted Dick??

But no, I was talking about the Nationwide Commercial. Like the one K-Fed did where he dreams of being a rapper but he really works at a fast food place. (Life Comes at You Fast...)

But who knows, maybe it's something like...Sanjaya daydreams of winning AI. When in reality he's a potted meat salesman.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The thing that creeps me out about Sanjaya is I think his sister hot - but then I realize she looks just like him - ewwwwww.

Quote Originally Posted by #1sanjayafan View Post
    Proving There Is Life After 'Idol' -- Courant.com

A finalist on the sixth season of " American Idol," Sanjaya Malakar gained national attention when overwhelming "fanjaya" support moved him to seventh place in the singing showdown, despite judges' criticism of his singing.

Best known for his outlandish hairstyles, including the faux Mohawk, and penchant for Stevie Wonder songs, the now 18-year-old Malakar may not have won the competition but parlayed his "hairfamous" persona and his talent into a "life after 'Idol'" career. Scheduled to stop by Mohegan Sun Tuesday to perform and sign a new book, called "Chicken Soup for the American Idol Soul," at The Shops concourse, Sanjaya agreed to Spill the Beans from his home in Seattle.

Q:You had a reputation on "American Idol" as a so-so singer who stayed on as long as you did thanks to a fan base that embraced your quirkiness, including the crazy hairstyles. Would you agree?

A: To a certain extent, yes. I think, unfortunately, I was not on the show long enough to show my full musical potential. Being on the show is a stressful situation partly because you can't always do the songs you want to perform. They have to come from an approved list. On the country-song theme week, I would have liked to perform "Mercedes Benz" by Janis Joplin, but because Ford was a show sponsor, it was a no-go.

Q:You recently moved from making music to making ads insurance ads. How did an Italian-American-Bengali kid from Seattle end up pitching Nationwide Insurance?

A: I met people from Nationwide at an Asian Excellence Award program. They asked me if I wanted to do a commercial for them so they brought me to India to do it. It was so much fun. I have been to India before to visit family but this time it was all about staying in nice hotels and doing interviews. It was a different side of India than the one I was used to

Q:Have you seen Simon Cowell, your biggest critic, since you left "American Idol"?

A: I saw him after the week after I was cut and then again when I was in the audience for the finale last season. As far as his criticism of me as a singer, I think he was fair and he and the other judges give their honest opinions. Whether I thought he was correct in his opinion is something else. But I do respect his opinion.

Q: In the wake of the criticism by judges and the media, are you doing anything differently?

A: I took the criticism and learned what I could from it. I think in the aftermath of "Idol," I am less judgmental about myself.

Q: Is there an album out there in the future for you?

A: I am cutting some music now in New York and expecting to release it at the end of this year or early 2009.

Q:What about college?

A: I do still want to go to Berkeley and study music. My parents want me to go, too, but they agree I should wait until things calm down. My father is a classical Indian singer and my mother plays jazz flute and sings. There is always music in my family but they do want me to go on to college.

Q:Girlfriend?

A: Ummmm, yes. She is supportive and understands that I am not always going to be in the same state as her. She stands behind me. She is in school and when she finishes we'll see where it goes.

Q:What is something no one knows about you?

A: That is a hard question. I go online now and find things out about me that I didn't know. I do have a guinea pig whose name is Miss McGillicuddy. And I just got an apartment in New York City.

Q:What did you think of last season's "Idol"?

A: I thought was great. Especially the finale. I wasn't sure who was going to win but David Cook and David Archuleta were good in different ways. I do feel there were some contestants though that did not get to shine as much as they have.

Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?

A: I hope to have a few platinum CDs and see myself as a professional having a positive impact on the world by making people aware of what they can do for others.

Sanjaya Malakar will be featured in The Shops concourse as part of the "Live Idols" program at Mohegan Sun on Tuesday with a live performance at 7 p.m. and a book-signing at 7:30 p.m. The event is free.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I'm sorry, but Sangina is butt ugly! He gives me the creeps!

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Sounds like Sandgina is dipping into his mom's pot inventory just a little too much.

Instead of responding to the haters' ignorant/troll posts with long-winded "manifestos" as I have in the past, I will just let Sanjaya's new material speak for itself.

So to summarize the event that took place on August 5 at the Mohegan Sun, Sanjaya sang four covers, as well as two new songs that will appear on his debut album. "What Happens When We Wake Up" is my favorite and according to Frank Yandolino (Sanjaya's manager), they are shooting for this to be used as his first single. True to his word, Sanjaya creates his own style by fusing classical Indian music with catchy pop melodies..

Videos taken by fanjaya Teanzane/Brooklyn/Tolen:
    Dailymotion - 054, a video from teanzane. sanjaya, mohegun, sun, 2 "What Happens When We Wake Up"
    Dailymotion - 056, a video from teanzane. sanjaya, mohegun, sun "You Will Never Find (A Guy Like Me)"

Sanjaya also treated his fans to familiar tunes, such as "Mercedes Benz" and "Stand By Me"

Sanjaya Mohegan Sun "Mercedes Benz"
    YouTube - Sanjaya - Stand By Me - Mohegan! "Stand By Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Sanjaya took a trip with Shy to Mumbai for a few weeks in May to shoot a commercial with Nationwide and do a little sightseeing, as Sanjaya has never visited that area of India before. Nationwide is concentrating on the Asian market for the ad and currently does not have plans to release it in the United States, although it will appear on their website. Some fans have taken it upon themselves to write letters to management demanding that it be shown worldwide, but several members within the fanjaya community have spoken against it since we don't want to come across as obnoxious and leave a bad taste in their mouth, especially since Sanjaya is in the formative stage of his career and can't afford to burn bridges. The last thing Sanjaya needs is for his own fanbase to unintentionally sabotage his business interests by harassing them. Although I would give anything for Sanjaya's precious face to be plastered all over our tv screens again, I tend to agree with their assessment and won't start a letter-writing/phone call campaign. Here's a behind-the-scenes look at the production of the ad:

YouTube - Nationwide "Life Comes At You Fast" - On set with Sanjaya

A couple of interviews conducted by the Indian press:
    video abt his life iShare-Videos- Sanjaya,*Malakar,*Shyamali,*Malakar,*American,*Ido l
    Video of Sanjaya Malakar Speaks Out (E Now) @ Rajshri.com
    Last edited by #1sanjayafan; August 7th, 2008 at 10:41 PM.
    JOIN US!!!!

Still waiting for info about the commercial. *taps foot*

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information